3.70 star(s) 18 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Thanks had to ask because of comments like these.

Yeah, this is turning into a joke. Each new scene appears 5 new and useless characters that clearly have no relevance within the story.
More often than not posters like that are not really posting about the content but about the "hate content" they don't like.

Have no idea if that poster even knows what they are talking about.
Only girls that matter or mattered in the old version was the girls in the school.
So far all we have seen for NPC's that will have content is the leaders of the clubs plus the extra one for the sports club, later on more and more NPC's will come in and join the clubs.
In the old version we had some that seemed to be in a gang or something like that and they were not in a club, don't remember if there was any content for them or not.

For me I will wait for 6 updates then try it again and see where it goes.
Too many VN/games get abandoned and I will not invest my time or money until they are completed now.
VN/games that I like the start of I will play again after 6-8 updates to see if they are still what I like.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Nice reboot of the game. It feel much beter to have all this kind of introduction of differents factions in the game and different charaters that will influence the game later on.

We have a better understanding of all the forces in place inside the school and introduction of many girls. It's good but I think can also becomes a bit annoying over time. I really liked the feeling of proximity with the main girls, as interactions were more condensedµ. But I guess need at least 2 to 3 chapters to get a good introduction of everything then get to dive in the story flowing as it used to in the first version.

Keep the good work, hope to see you next update soon.

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
Remake or not Remake, that’s not the question.
This game debuted in 2021. How long will it take for the dev to make up for this lost time and how often?

The problem with making a Remake is there.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Remake or not Remake, that’s not the question.
This game debuted in 2021. How long will it take for the dev to make up for this lost time and how often?

The problem with making a Remake is there.
What lost time ? Does the dev owe you anything ? I don't see anywhere an ETA or a promise on when the game will be finished or anything. This is something made out of free time, and if it takes to a dev 10 years of his free time to finish the game it's up to him.

Even when you support a game via Patreon, it's on your free will, and doing so always have the risk for it to never end.

Chill out, there is many games on this forum, and you can enjoy other will waiting for this one to keep growing, getting better or fall in the abyss of time to never see the light again ^^ (which I hope will never happen here)

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
What lost time ? Does the dev owe you anything ? I don't see anywhere an ETA or a promise on when the game will be finished or anything. This is something made out of free time, and if it takes to a dev 10 years of his free time to finish the game it's up to him.

Even when you support a game via Patreon, it's on your free will, and doing so always have the risk for it to never end.

Chill out, there is many games on this forum, and you can enjoy other will waiting for this one to keep growing, getting better or fall in the abyss of time to never see the light again ^^ (which I hope will never happen here)

I like your answer, because everything in it is true.

Yes the dev owes me nothing apart from the time spent waiting for 0.7 which will not arrive now but he is not responsible for it.

Yes, many other games are present here, remake, finished, bad/good dev, there is something for everyone.

It is a shame, however, that the dev did not have this revelation about his game either at the start of its development or before 0.2.

The future will tell us what happens.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
In my opinion, the most important thing is will there be a lot of content developed in a reasonable time.

Too often, remake = dev gets burned out and tries to reignite their passion for the project by starting it over from a slightly different angle, but they burn out again after a short period of renewed interest. Or, similarly, they think a remake will bring in tons of new dollars.

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017

I have been around long enough to see a hundred remakes and 9/10 it does not fix or improve anything. Generally all it does is slow the whole process and undo most of any decent content already present. That's usually the best case scenario because it feels like most of the time they just get abandoned afterward.

It's plenty justified to be angry or annoyed that after 3 years the game is reverted back to the start and then takes another 3 to get back to where the story was before. Some people would enjoy finishing the game in a more timely fashion, like before they die of old age.

Devs may not owe us anything but the same can be said the other way around. It's a poor argument even if it's true. Most devs are here to make money contrary to popular belief. Free time or not it's a competitive industry and rebooting is a risk.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
So what happened to this? There's mysticism/magic stuff involved now? In terms of showing the past I'm more interested on a more grounded MC's journey how he became one of the best Mentors from the Golden Age (whilst still maintaining the smart and badassery along the way). Not some journey to control and wrestle, whatever magical that is inside of him. Weird direction.

I'm more accepting of the many characters from before cuz' it feels like it slowly going somewhere, but this remake seems to segue on somewhere else I don't recognize at all. What's with this change?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
So what happened to this? There's mysticism/magic stuff involved now? In terms of showing the past I'm more interested on a more grounded MC's journey how he became one of the best Mentors from the Golden Age (whilst still maintaining the smart and badassery along the way). Not some journey to control and wrestle, whatever magical that is inside of him. Weird direction.

I'm more accepting of the many characters from before cuz' it feels like it slowly going somewhere, but this remake seems to segue on somewhere else I don't recognize at all. What's with this change?
Added in some of the back story that we did not know about for why MC can since others around him.

In my opinion its a better start than what we had before and it should be able to catch up to where it was in maybe 2-3 updates then on to new stuff.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
I have been around long enough to see a hundred remakes and 9/10 it does not fix or improve anything. Generally all it does is slow the whole process and undo most of any decent content already present. That's usually the best case scenario because it feels like most of the time they just get abandoned afterward.

It's plenty justified to be angry or annoyed that after 3 years the game is reverted back to the start and then takes another 3 to get back to where the story was before. Some people would enjoy finishing the game in a more timely fashion, like before they die of old age.

Devs may not owe us anything but the same can be said the other way around. It's a poor argument even if it's true. Most devs are here to make money contrary to popular belief. Free time or not it's a competitive industry and rebooting is a risk.
I do agree that about the reboots being most of time to revive the flame lost on the project, and most of the time it ends by an abandonned project or another reboot. I guess time will tell here.

Lukily here I feel it improve a lot of the game lore, giving true background and not making things happen without a warning and with no real logic on it. I see improvement, it's the only reason I am still here.

About the anger, I can't agree. But I guess people get angry easily (at least those who can't deal with frustration), no roadmap here, and it was clear from a long time already that the dev where not going to keep the game as it was. So still expecting a 0.7 after what the dev said is by itself a mistake.

Poor argument if you will, but the dev paused the monetization on patreon while he was working on this reboot. This is pretty rare to see, it feels like the dev have a conscience and care about his patreon. After maybe I think that way because I work as a dev myself, and after the long day of work I only wish to rest and take care of my familly. I have respect for people who give of they free time to develop free games, certainly expecting getting some cash from it, but only if you want.

Last edited:

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
CharaStudio-2024-04342-20-04-44-59-Render.png

Hey, Mentor. It's good to see you here again.

This is the first progress report after the game remake so I'd like to talk a bit about the release stats and the 0.2 update.

After the release on February 15, I've been collecting feedback and looking at people's reactions about the release. I'm very pleased that most people liked the changes, which makes me happy, especially because of how much effort I put into the new game.

During these 5 days I have been resting and regaining my strength because in the last 2 weeks before the release I slept and ate very little but now I feel pretty good and ready to start the new update.

I want to thank every person who tried my game. Whether he liked it or not, it doesn't matter, because that's how we find our favorite games, and if I didn't manage to do it, I don't get upset, it's all a matter of taste for everyone. And for those who found something interesting I am glad that you have become a new part of Mentor Life community and I hope it will be a long and interesting cooperation :)

I'll be honest with you, this update was something special for me, especially after seeing the numbers and comments. Only on itch.io in the last 5 days my game has been viewed 23k and downloaded 4.5k times.

These are huge numbers for me and honestly I'm glad you guys are so interested in my project and believe in it. I never imagined I'd ever see numbers like that. Thanks to everyone <3

Now about the next 0.2 update.

I have received several requests to remove the ability to replay events during patrolling. I personally don't mind it and I think it's not a bad thing to replay events if you like them, but for most people the main thing is immersion in the game so it kind of throws them off the very mood they get. And there's a logic to it. That's why I made changes to the code and from the next update you will be able to play each location only 1 time. In any case, all important scenes will be in the gallery, so there you can replay "such" events as much as you want.

I'm also working on new maps right now, one of which will be a women's restroom. I know very well the needs of my patrons, so I started preparing maps that will be quite popular in the voting for the patrol locations.

By the way, if you are able and willing you can vote now in the following polls:

- Side Characters Poll(10$)

- Patrol Locations Poll(20$)

Dorm Events poll and Disciplinary Events poll will be after the 0.2 update. Sorry for the inconvenience. <3 Need to go through the storyline a bit :p So yeah, now I'm going to wait until the voting is over, summarize the results, and start doing the 0.2 update.

I'll do a public poll tomorrow so sign up for a free subscription to be notified of the latest news and not miss anything.

Have a good day everyone and see you in the next progress reports.

BRdsky

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
CharaStudio-2024-03-01-22-35-57-Render.png

This will be a short report since the update is still in the scripting stage.

I will try to make frequent reports so you can keep up to date on the progress of the update.

As you have already realized now I am working on the script and it will take some more time so as soon as I finish a certain part of the script I will move on to creating scenes. So everyone who subscribed to Club Vice President Tier(5$) will be able to get the first sneak peaks v0.2 pretty soon.

Regarding the update release schedule:
I plan on releasing an update once every month/month and a half. I will see how much I can fill the days with events during this period and build further updates. The approximate release date for 0.2 is early April, in the next report I will probably be able to give a more precise date.

Voting results:
Side Characters Poll and Patrol Locations Poll just recently ended.

Patrons have made their choices for v0.2

In 0.3 I will increase the voting period so that more people can participate and also there will be another vote for (35$).

Below you can see the results of the patrons with already voting power for each tier.

Side Characters Poll:

Ayame 1
Tamiko 6
Lola 11
Gill 1
Scarlett 12
Molly 10
Eva 12
Suzie 2
Yumemi 11
Katie 1
Nola 11
Madile 6
Patrol Locations Poll:

Swimming pool 10 (?)
Gym storehouse 20
Martial arts room 10 (?)
Hobby Help Room 6
(?) - Patrons gave the same number of votes equally, so I will do a medium event on both locations. In the future I hope such moments will be less :)

Names and location that are highlighted in black have won their vote and will receive big events in the 0.2 update. Congratulations to all patrons who voted for the winners :) The rest of you don't get upset, your girls will be waiting for you in the next update.

The full list of locations and side students that were present in the polls can be seen in the posts.

I think that's all I wanted to say for now.

Thanks to every patron who supports me and every person who follows and believes in my game.

BRdsky

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
pr3png.png

Sorry for some silence over the past month, I had to take an extra job before my mom came to visit me who I haven't seen in over 2 years so I've been a bit focused on other things.

I guess with all my busyness I'm glad I was able to combine everything so well that I kept working on the update in spite of it.

Now that I don't have any distractions I can safely and quietly continue to work on the game. I've done most of the update already, but still won't make it in time for the deadline I set for myself.

At the moment, the update looks like this:

Script: 70%

Scenes: 50%

Code: 20%

Again, sorry for the wait and thanks for understanding. The update will be quite interesting and informative. I'm sure you'll enjoy it

For my patrons I have posted new sneak peaks#3, be sure to check it out

And as always I'm in touch here or on discord for any questions. As there is new progress I will let you know!

BRdsky

3.70 star(s) 18 Votes