VN Ren'Py Abandoned MercySide [Day2_pre-release] [Triff Tales]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I'm afraid it will be too much of a spoiler, but if you don't mind that you can look up the original plot outline
Yeah, that doesn't clear anything up and while the renders in the OP look good I think I will put the game on ignore and be done with it because I don't think I will enjoy playing it because of the 3 tags I asked about.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Seems like the start of an interesting story, and the renders are beautiful. It's good, but sadly it's a short. I was just getting in to the story and it ended. The dark nature of the content may scare folks off as they really just want to masturbate and don't want a horror/drama, but it seems to be told well. You guys are working in a 4 man team, and that can be a strength or weakness based on how well everyone gets along. If you all can get along, and have good team work then I'm sure you guys can make this game great. Good luck guys.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Slow Burn :cry: not a game for me, good luck dev

MR. Stiale

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2018
I'm concerned about how dark this is going to be. I can't handle the dark shit very well, I certainly try, but I'm weak. Can anybody give me an idea of how dark this story will be? Because it sounds as if the plot is basically going to be the sister was abducted three years ago and raped. That's how these things usually go. :cry:

And I can't say I'm looking forward to that.

I also read the original plot outline, and it made no sense to me.
Well, the plot outline was intended to provide the basics for the writer to develop, so it was intentionally written to allow the writer some creative freedom and brainstorming. Also, it only covers one possible ending.

Personally, thanks for the spoiler.

It's not the kind of game that I like so I guess I won't try it.

In any case thanks for the game and good luck.
Yeah, that doesn't clear anything up and while the renders in the OP look good I think I will put the game on ignore and be done with it because I don't think I will enjoy playing it because of the 3 tags I asked about.
Slow Burn :cry: not a game for me, good luck dev
We thank you for checking out our story. Hopefully, you'll be willing to check out our future projects.

Last edited:

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Not a bad demo. I appreciate the subtle animations that you have going on during the main menu and I really like your choice selection window as well. Little things like that really up the quality and it's not something you usually see much in a v01. Writing is pretty good and that's something I usually focus on pretty heavily. If I had to say anything about the writing, I would just note that there's a lot of line breaks. I tend to write kinda like that too and some people have pointed it out in my game but I did notice quite a bit on yours which slowed down the pace of my reading in a couple spots where it felt uncomfortable. Gonna watch this one for future developments and I'll stalk your Twitter. I like the tone here. I tend to like darker stories and I think the adult genre gives you a lot of liberties when it comes with what you can include in stories. Sometimes you need darker stuff to get the right feelings from the reader.

Good luck guys. Hope it goes well.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Also, it only covers one possible ending.
Oh good, that ending was pretty stupid in the outline and doesn't make much sense for a game like this. But hey, crazier things have been done.

If you decide to go all out on a dark theme, you should give the player (The MC) the ability to deal with this shit instead of serving him something he can't swallow.

Jul 13, 2018
nothing dark this update tho , his sister goes lost no one knows what happened and its been 3 years since she disappeared, a girl is remindind MC of his sister , idk how this will go but either MC will move on or he continues the search for his entire life.Anyway this first version was good and game doesnt occupy that much space anyway so its worth the try so far

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
nothing dark this update tho , his sister goes lost no one knows what happened and its been 3 years since she disappeared, a girl is remindind MC of his sister , idk how this will go but either MC will move on or he continues the search for his entire life.Anyway this first version was good and game doesnt occupy that much space anyway so its worth the try so far
So can we rape/kill the people responsible for her disappearance? :unsure:

Exalted Text

Writer, kültist, esoteric bodybuilder, pervert.
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2020
Oh good, that ending was pretty stupid in the outline and doesn't make much sense for a game like this. But hey, crazier things have been done.

If you decide to go all out on a dark theme, you should give the player (The MC) the ability to deal with this shit instead of serving him something he can't swallow.
Hey there! I'm the writer for MercySide.

While the game does have more of a serious story and atmosphere, you'll be able to make (somewhat obvious) decisions in-game to avoid 'darker' twists and endings. Right now, there are two planned endings for each character along with a potential unlockable harem route. Each character will have a 'wholesome' ending where you can avoid murder, rape, violence, etc. That outline was a general idea for a potential route in the original game idea, prior to me entering the team as the writer.

Your curiosity about the game is appreciated! Feel free to direct any questions at me in this thread or on our discord. I think you'll enjoy it, as it's just a taste of what's to come. Regardless, thanks for showing interest and hopefully you understand me not wanting to spoil the story here.

Exalted Text

Writer, kültist, esoteric bodybuilder, pervert.
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2020
Hey Hans! Just to reiterate what I mentioned in my above post: the three tags that you asked about (murder, rape and violence) are completely avoidable in some of the planned endings, and it'll be pretty clear on how to avoid the 'bad' or 'darker' endings through decisions in-game. Hopefully that makes sense and clears up any of your concerns, and you can understand why I don't want to spoil the story in this thread. Feel free to message me on here or on discord with further questions about the game.

I just hope your main love interest isn't the one that's raped, but I won't hold my my breath.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Hey Hans! Just to reiterate what I mentioned in my above post: the three tags that you asked about (murder, rape and violence) are completely avoidable in some of the planned endings, and it'll be pretty clear on how to avoid the 'bad' or 'darker' endings through decisions in-game. Hopefully that makes sense and clears up any of your concerns, and you can understand why I don't want to spoil the story in this thread. Feel free to message me on here or on discord with further questions about the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's reassuring thanks, for clearing that up.

Reactions: Exalted Text

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
If those tags can be avoided (mainly rape and murder) in a clear and easy way, since romance and harem are planned as future tags, it is possible that I will try the game.

In my case, I only like to see an ending in games, so reaching an ending that I don't like bothers me a lot (and the dark or bad endings usually do)

Reactions: Exalted Text

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
the plot sounds interesting, i like the darker vibes once in a while which he promises.
hopefully the story won't go to waste in a fuckfest like so many other games.
they always start well, the lost and suffering from the MC...and bääämm 1-2 ingamedays later he saves the world with his magic Stick and forgot all that.

lately there was a lot games with good renders,good writing and likeable characters, but mostly when it came to that point i lost the interest in it.

i'll keep this on my watchlist and hopefully the story captivates me until the end.

good luck devs

MR. Stiale

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2018
Is there any ic patch
Why would there be? No content like that exists in the game, at least not yet. Patience is a virtue, as they say, friend.
As many has noticed, we're story-heavy and you won't need any patch to understand the story

hopefully the story won't go to waste in a fuckfest like so many other games.
they always start well, the lost and suffering from the MC...and bääämm 1-2 ingamedays later he saves the world with his magic Stick and forgot all that.
Not in this one

Reactions: DonkeyFace
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote