Tads Completed Meteor [Goblinboy]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

mfa

Jun 30, 2017
So i know this is a longshot, and was essentially answered just above, but I'm very slowly trying to convert this game into Ren'Py (and i do mean very slowly xD), does anyone know if a cg rip or a full script exists somewhere? The CG's i can at the very least just screenshot if i have to, but trying to get every line in a branching game is...tedious xD

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
So i know this is a longshot, and was essentially answered just above, but I'm very slowly trying to convert this game into Ren'Py (and i do mean very slowly xD), does anyone know if a cg rip or a full script exists somewhere? The CG's i can at the very least just screenshot if i have to, but trying to get every line in a branching game is...tedious xD
Well i did rip it a LONG ass time ago. From what i remember though some of the picture files came out tiny.
Anyway im posting a link here to what i have.

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
Man, I miss GoblinBoy terribly. Playing through his games so many years ago was so much fun. He inspired me to learn TADS and I was going to make a game as an homage to him before work got in the way. Now TADS and ADRIFT are pretty ancient (I still love them), so I guess if I ever finish my game I will probably have to port it to Renpy or Unity.

Reactions: Tiasung and loqex

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
Would love to see a ren'py remake of this game. :cry:
From what I remember on the old AIF sites GoblinBoy had something happen to him that caused him to delete everything and cease making games. People guessed either his wife found out about his games or his workplace did that made him go scorched earth. This was like 6 or so years ago, too, so I don't think any further GoblinBoy games, remakes or remasters are ever coming.

I remember some guy named "Blue" I think tried to "remake" Summer Dreams in RPG Maker years ago but English wasn't his first language and his art wasn't as good as GoblinBoy's so it just came off as really shoddy and cheap.

Reactions: loqex

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
From what I remember on the old AIF sites GoblinBoy had something happen to him that caused him to delete everything and cease making games. People guessed either his wife found out about his games or his workplace did that made him go scorched earth. This was like 6 or so years ago, too, so I don't think any further GoblinBoy games, remakes or remasters are ever coming.

I remember some guy named "Blue" I think tried to "remake" Summer Dreams in RPG Maker years ago but English wasn't his first language and his art wasn't as good as GoblinBoy's so it just came off as really shoddy and cheap.
Too bad Goblinboy didn't give the password for his AIF games. If I recall correctly, most tads type game code is protected by a password. I want to say the tads file can be looked at with the password.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes