Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Midlife Crisis Gallery Mod [v0.29] [OEJ]

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
OEJ Can you update the mod please?
v0.21 Fix ?
Updated the mod. Do let me know if there are any errors in the 3 new scenes, coz the last one is really big scene.

Yep, I can't do .21 due to the gallery mod, I tried a fresh install and it's error'd out I'd have to start fresh all overagain. :(
i don't think this mod is the problem, coz this is a standalone mod and it has nothing to do with your save files. i did test it on a new system and it worked fine for me.... then again i cant be absolutely sure either.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Updated the mod. Do let me know if there are any errors in the 3 new scenes, coz the last one is really big scene.
There seem to be issues with these lines including [player_lname] in gallery.rpy for Midlife Crisis. Lines 10903, 10938 & 10972. I posted each traceback on Warehousse Discord.

OEJ

Donor
Dec 9, 2017
There seem to be issues with these lines including [player_lname] in gallery.rpy for Midlife Crisis. Lines 10903, 10938 & 10972. I posted each traceback on Warehousse Discord.
Thnx, will fix it. (y)

OEJ

Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Thnx, will fix it. (y)

Reactions: Black Swamp Ent.
Jul 20, 2020
i don't think this mod is the problem, coz this is a standalone mod and it has nothing to do with your save files. i did test it on a new system and it worked fine for me.... then again i cant be absolutely sure either.
I was able to get the game to work after removing the gallery mod and files (replacing the version 20.rpy/rpyc with the original). Then it all worked out ok, not sure why I was having issues, but from my testing it was something to do with the mod. In any case with it being updated I'll likely reinstall it again as it's always nice to have a gallery with these games. :)

Much appreciated for the quick update.

• Love
Reactions: OEJ

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Every time I try to go to page 4 or more of the gallery, it throws an error and I can't ignore. Is it just me or is it a bug? I. Pass ing the traceback to see if I can solve it or the mod needs a fix.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Must be something on your end, cause mine works perfectly fine.

OEJ

Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Every time I try to go to page 4 or more of the gallery, it throws an error and I can't ignore. Is it just me or is it a bug? I. Pass ing the traceback to see if I can solve it or the mod needs a fix.

your installed version may have some missing CG's from v19

Sep 9, 2017

I get the same problem while using the latest compressed version linked in the main game description. I tried using the uncompressed v2.0 + update and that seems to work fine.

Reactions: Budokai and OEJ

Budokai

Jul 16, 2017
Well, yes, it was apparently due to using the compressed version. The problem is that now, it seems that although I have installed the full 0.20, and the patch to 0.21fix, I get the scene in the gallery. But the game stops at the end of 0.20.... some proficient in renpy could suggest were to look for the problem? Is the same problem Tldoguy was reporting?

Jul 20, 2020
Well, yes, it was apparently due to using the compressed version. The problem is that now, it seems that although I have installed the full 0.20, and the patch to 0.21fix, I get the scene in the gallery. But the game stops at the end of 0.20.... some proficient in renpy could suggest were to look for the problem? Is the same problem Tldoguy was reporting?
I didn't use the compressed version, in order for it to load I removed all of the Gallery mod files, replaced the version 20 file from a vanilla .20 install and then loaded up a save that was a bit before the final screen at .20 and it worked just fine. I also have courteous mod installed as well as the inc. patch.

Budokai

Jul 16, 2017
Still, it seems the gallery mod messes with the original .20 script... Maybe it could be updated?

OEJ

Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Still, it seems the gallery mod messes with the original .20 script... Maybe it could be updated?
you can use remove the ver20.rpy in the gallery mod and try... let me know if it works,

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
There is script version20 in mod and at the end there is missing jump to version21 it goes to end screen
Code:
label endversion20:
    scene black with fade
    "That is it for version 20. Save here."
    show endscreen
Code:
label endversion20:
    scene black with fade
    jump version21
suggestion, both files should be removed from mod (version20 and version21)

enuthral

Jul 29, 2018
with all the problems with the mod and the update.
I did something simple..

renamed the old game that was modded

the reinstalled the game and update, it worked normally, got past the ver20 screen till i got into new content. Saved there.
Then went back to modded game and opened that save and the game and the mod worked. havent found any problem since.