4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

oh god oh fuck

Jul 30, 2018
Yooo!!!! This is the guy who did tower of succubus right? That shit was awesome, so I'm really looking forward to playing this! Thanks for the up!

liltimmy

Aug 14, 2018
The spot on the left requires the double-jump ability, which you get shortly after that zone. I *think* it's before you enter the door maze, but there's a new ability in there too which might be double-jump. I don't remember the spot on the right being tricky at all so you probably just need double-jump for it.

W65

May 31, 2018
Yooo!!!! This is the guy who did tower of succubus right? That shit was awesome, so I'm really looking forward to playing this! Thanks for the up!
You know, the artist is the same, but apparently it was actually developed by a different group. I didn't notice either at first.

You get this situation once in a while with Japanese devs, where an artist with a very distinct style freelances or whatever for a different circle. They have a pretty strong freelance community, or whatever you'd call it, over there, I guess.

RottenBlock

Nov 3, 2017
So, I just finished the illusion village. I'm still using the Thorn Whip but enemy HP is getting pretty high. Am I missing a weapon upgrade or is the game just like that?

pomonomo

Jan 23, 2018
Bit of a glitch that should be watched out for—if you press Space (the pause button) while you're transitioning from one screen to another, it's possible that you'll be stuck on a black 'Now Loading' screen. When you un-pause, you can still move around, but the screen will stay black... but if you move back to the screen you just came from, the screen reverts to normal with the side effect that the screen no longer blackens when you pause and the map disappears. You need to completely close and restart the game again to fix the glitch...

...also, whatever you do, don't press Space when you die or you'll soft-lock your game. None of the buttons will work, and you'll be forced to close it down entirely and restart.

Now that that's been said... whew. This game is definitely more of a slog than Libra Heart's other titles. Every other 'Succubus' title, I can usually bang out in about an hour. I've already put in about twice as much time for this game, and I'm only about halfway through the game myself. I've only just gotten to the B-side map (yes, there's a B-side, kind of like SotN) and beaten the first boss. And the one thing I can say about this game so far? ...I really wish this game had a map legend of some kind. I can't remember exactly where the merchant is that gives you the sub-weapon fire rate boost; all I know is that it's before the Succubus' castle in a hallway. Just having a marker on the map (and preferably, lines connecting the dozens of warp points) for things you haven't been able to retrieve would be a nice quality of life improvement.

EDIT: Finished the game after a total of six hours. Found 18 (out of a possible 19) crowns and all (16) of the missing girls. The one thing that bothers me is that during the credits sequence, there's an interactive locked door you come across near the end. It makes me wonder, are there more than 16 keys... or are you supposed to reserve one of the keys? Because technically, you can get to one of the girls without using a key to unlock their door, but you might have to sacrifice map completion to manage it.

EDIT #2: Found the nineteenth and final crown. It's in the shipwreck area, shortly after where you find the Thief, in that pit of water you have to escape from by heading into a warp door farther below the water. Unfortunately, I think you need the Succubus' swimming ability to get it, which requires a lot of backtracking at that point in the game. The other eighteen crowns should be easily found just by walking around with the Thief as an active partner.
The key does work on that last door. It's a monster gallery. It puts you on a floating platform and you go passed all of the enemies and bosses you fought throughout the game.

Edit: I saved the one key but it looks like you don't have to. After the The End screen it gives you control and if you go to the left you'll find stairs. Go down and break some blocks and you'll find another key.

Somehow I still only have 56% of the gallery unlocked. No clue how I missed so many CGs

shittyguy

Jun 8, 2017
How can I get this PV sphere ? It's in the door labyrinth before the succubus.
you need succubus curse to get the wall jump but you need to find the parts of the succubus you just kill to get that power. if you have not change your binds hold down and press X to change form when it have the power.

mayfly

Jun 25, 2017
The key does work on that last door. It's a monster gallery. It puts you on a floating platform and you go passed all of the enemies and bosses you fought throughout the game.

Edit: I saved the one key but it looks like you don't have to. After the The End screen it gives you control and if you go to the left you'll find stairs. Go down and break some blocks and you'll find another key.

Somehow I still only have 56% of the gallery unlocked. No clue how I missed so many CGs
I was struggling with this until I started a new game on accident. It gives you access to a shop room for your crowns, which you can use to unlock the full gallery. After the normal scenes (56%), its just CGs and not scenes that aren't normally in the game.

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
I was struggling with this until I started a new game on accident. It gives you access to a shop room for your crowns, which you can use to unlock the full gallery. After the normal scenes (56%), its just CGs and not scenes that aren't normally in the game.
Most of the CGs are just defeat scenes for the main characters.

Like mayfly said, there's a shop you access when starting a new game after beating the game once that uses the crowns you find. For three crowns, you can unlock the full gallery; for three more (each), there are also two options where you can play as a more faithful version of the succubus from the Libra Heart games, and a second succubus hunter character (looks more like a gender-bent NES Castlevania character to me) with no upgrades, for a total of four playable characters. The CGs you're most likely missing are defeat screens for those other two characters.

For the curious, the other upgrades you can buy (for a number of crowns) are:
  • get the Succubus' curse at the start of the game (3);
  • unlock all discoverable upgrades for both main characters (3); and
  • "immortality" (4), meaning you cannot fall below 1 HP you won't lose HP at all when you're hit.
The last one makes the "Instant Death" difficulty setting moot, where you normally die in up to two hits.

Nissiku

Feb 21, 2019
So, I just finished the illusion village. I'm still using the Thorn Whip but enemy HP is getting pretty high. Am I missing a weapon upgrade or is the game just like that?
There's whip upgrades hidden around the game. There's a flame whip in the bog, an ice whip I forget where, and a magic whip in the stage just before the succubus.

obake

Oct 4, 2017
Finally Done! after 8 hours of indie game grinding finally completed with all the cg and all the characters unlocked!
now I wanna brag but then I realize where I am XD!

Jul 24, 2017
you need succubus curse to get the wall jump but you need to find the parts of the succubus you just kill to get that power. if you have not change your binds hold down and press X to change form when it have the power.
Thanks ! I got the wall jump ability but it looks like I can't use it. Does it work on any walls or with double jump ? I am stuck here because of that. I can only double jump.

liltimmy

Aug 14, 2018
Thanks ! I got the wall jump ability but it looks like I can't use it. Does it work on any walls or with double jump ? I am stuck here because of that. I can only double jump.
It's a bit fiddly. What tends to work is wait until you're falling before you press the jump button again, and don't press anything on the d-pad at all.

RottenBlock

Nov 3, 2017
There's whip upgrades hidden around the game. There's a flame whip in the bog, an ice whip I forget where, and a magic whip in the stage just before the succubus.
Thanks, sounds like I'm nearly at one, and at least I don't have to backtrack!

Kara Dabbe

May 2, 2017
What to do here? I dont have a key and I didnt learn how to fly, there seems to be only this two options to continue. What did I miss?

RottenBlock

Nov 3, 2017
So, even withthe map above, I still haven't found the third whip. You'd think it would be at a "Buyable things" point between the Thorn Whip (the start of the game) and the Flame Whip (the bog) but it's not at any of the points so far as I can tell. Does anyone know where it is?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in the ship area, I had overlooked it somehow.

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes