Midnight Paradise [Lewdlab] Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPinkCake

Cake Baker
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2018
I'm pretty sure it's the reflection of the plane primitive used for lighting the scene. It's a common technique.
Once you become aware of it, you can spot it easily in renders. One technique to employ when you want to avoid the reflection in the eyes is ghost lighting. Which basically is to lower the "Cutout opacity" parameter to near 0, making the plane transparent and thus not showing in reflections yet emitting light. You have to increase the Luminance to compensate for the loss of light when using ghost lighting.
Here are some examples from my renders. Just google it and there are excellent tutorials on it.
ghost_light.jpg

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Oh you are all such vibekillers! Just lie! Say she can shoot rays from her eyes!! I wanna have a superheroine sister as a lewdpet! Don't trample on my hopes and dreams!:cry:

dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
Thank you for your reply @Lewdlab .
I don't mind less content, I was just curious due to the expectations in this thread.
I know anything you throw at us will be top notch (I really liked DoD) and please, don't tire yourself out, the community needs devs like you and your quality content.

Reactions: Lewdlab

Lewdlab

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
foot fetish still in the game?
Yes. I will make it as optional as I can as I did in DoD.

I'm pretty sure it's the reflection of the plane primitive used for lighting the scene. It's a common technique.
Once you become aware of it, you can spot it easily in renders. One technique to employ when you want to avoid the reflection in the eyes is ghost lighting. Which basically is to lower the "Cutout opacity" parameter to near 0, making the plane transparent and thus not showing in reflections yet emitting light. You have to increase the Luminance to compensate for the loss of light when using ghost lighting.
Here are some examples from my renders. Just google it and there are excellent tutorials on it.
View attachment 226930
Sure, ghost lights can be useful. My advice though: don't overuse them.
It is actually a terrible way to light characters.

A 'ghost light' is not a naturally occurring phenomenon (eg light appearing out of thin air without something emitting it).
Therefore there is nothing in the reflections on the skin for example.
That's why ghost lighting produces flat renders.

They are useful in some situations but I'd still advise to use regular mesh lights 95% of the time. (I know it's harder)
Another tip: Try to make sure that at least one eye of any given character has a light reflection on it. It helps to eliminate the 'dead look.' Your renders on the right are automatically more aesthetically pleasing.

On another note, yeah her tits look weird. Thanks daz. I fixed them for the final renders though.

alex798

Apr 1, 2018
Yes. I will make it as optional as I can as I did in DoD.

Sure, ghost lights can be useful. My advice though: don't overuse them.
It is actually a terrible way to light characters.

A 'ghost light' is not a naturally occurring phenomenon (eg light appearing out of thin air without something emitting it).
Therefore there is nothing in the reflections on the skin for example.
That's why ghost lighting produces flat renders.

They are useful in some situations but I'd still advise to use regular mesh lights 95% of the time. (I know it's harder)
Another tip: Try to make sure that at least one eye of any given character has a light reflection on it. It helps to eliminate the 'dead look.' Your renders on the right are automatically more aesthetically pleasing.

On another note, yeah her tits look weird. Thanks daz. I fixed them for the final renders though.
Glad to point it out, and thet U corrected it- Can't be "too" cautious when it concerne your beautiful ladies(y)

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
View attachment 226549

Midnight Paradise 0.1 Preview - TV Time
That couch will be a place for a lot of interesting things in the coming months...

She is about to shoot some rays from her eyes or something? :geek: Yes, obviously i can focus on other parts of her body beside her boobs! ...afterawhile...
i like her feet :D
Hmm,she looks pretty hot,Hotter than tracy?hmm idk....
ima going to say nope

Reactions: L☹VE

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Lets be honest she is just dead gorgeous! I kinda like everything about her. Uhm.. except that :censored: Jane Eyre hairstyle.
well sure but to be honest i dont think any girl could match the sexiness of the girls of dreams and desire except for probably milfy city either way i cant wait for the game

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
Lewdlab I'm sorry but I would like to ask you two questions:

1) will there be scenes on the Milf / Mom?

2) are there any hopes that the update will come out at the end of the week?

(Sorry my english)

Reactions: Pippone

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
I don't think that needs to be said, but I'll say it anyway. I wouldn't yet compare any of the characters to DoD. For all we know they could be one dimensional shit characters who have shitty poses and unsatisfying sex scenes... or they can blow our minds by their complexity, funny lines, loveliness and great looking erotic scenes. Let's see... oh god damn it, I am hyped as fuck. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.