Mod Ren'Py Midnight Paradise - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.24] [Shawnchapp]

2hhiihhoopp2

Aug 18, 2022
can you send the error file/traceback, it should work on the steam deck AFIK steamdeck is linux
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/scripts/locations/home.rpy", line 263, in execute
File "game/scripts/locations/home.rpy", line 288, in execute
File "game/scripts/locations/home.rpy", line 289, in execute
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 21, in execute
init 969 screen toolbar(blacklist=[], whitelist=[]):
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 24, in execute
frame:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 30, in execute
has hbox
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 81, in execute
frame:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 85, in execute
imagebutton:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 85, in keywords
imagebutton:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 89, in <module>
action If((mom_level >= 18 and isabel_level >= 22 and ruby_level >= 22 and mainstory_level >= 24 and logan_level >= 6 and jane_level >= 29 and maid_level >= 8) and not lain_complete16, Show("mod_completed_substar"), ToggleScreen("modmenu"))
NameError: name 'mom_level' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/locations/home.rpyc", line 260, in script
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
[Previous line repeated 1 more time]
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "Z:\home\deck\Desktop\Games\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/scripts/locations/home.rpy", line 288, in execute
File "game/scripts/locations/home.rpy", line 289, in execute
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 24, in execute
frame:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 30, in execute
has hbox
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 81, in execute
frame:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 85, in execute
imagebutton:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 85, in keywords
imagebutton:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 89, in <module>
action If((mom_level >= 18 and isabel_level >= 22 and ruby_level >= 22 and mainstory_level >= 24 and logan_level >= 6 and jane_level >= 29 and maid_level >= 8) and not lain_complete16, Show("mod_completed_substar"), ToggleScreen("modmenu"))
NameError: name 'mom_level' is not defined

meltyquestfan

Aug 2, 2020
so I should put mod file inside game file or the directory of the game? installation guide is written in a complex way.

game file from mod will replace stuff, thats ok. What about mod file? is it going to be inside game file or not?

Okay I fixed it, god damn that installation spoiler is so complex. Here is a better one just copy and paste it.

HOW TO INSTALL:
Mod has 2 files (mod & game)
1- Unzip game file inside the MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc file (replace everything)
2- Unzip mod file inside MidnightParadise-Elite-0.19-pc/game file
3- Clicking "objectives" or tapping the "m" key opens mod menu

Last edited:

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Added a button at the top to go to the basement at night. Needs to be put into /game/mod folder.

Shawnchapp Thanks for the mod, consider adding the above :)
Also, 'mod' folder from your download needs to be inside 'game' folder not separate.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Added a button at the top to go to the basement at night. Needs to be put into /game/mod folder.

Shawnchapp Thanks for the mod, consider adding the above :)
Also, 'mod' folder from your download needs to be inside 'game' folder not separate.

pressing "m" opens mod menu at anytime, i did already have another mod in the main thread that has the mod button show at all times tho, as for the mod folder ya i just checked not sure how that happened honestly

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
pressing "m" opens mod menu at anytime, i did already have another mod in the main thread that has the mod button show at all times tho, as for the mod folder ya i just checked not sure how that happened honestly
I meant adding Basement or Sleep button at the top menu at night would be handy to speed things up.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Shawnchapp update time, whenever you do find the time v0.20 is here :coffee:

downloaded and updating

Quickly added LightmanP suggestion of a"sleep" button
1693425558553.png

Note: puts you in the basement the following morning so if you want to actually sleep in your apartment you still have to do it manually.

Also so far i see no story content added just SB events...

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
downloaded and updating

Quickly added LightmanP suggestion of a"sleep" button
View attachment 2891098

Note: puts you in the basement the following morning so if you want to actually sleep in your apartment you still have to do it manually.

Also so far i see no story content added just SB events...
Nice.

Yip, sadly you are correct, there are only sandbox events, as when I was compressing it (I just use my old one as a donor), literally had nothing new but that.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Hi, Is it possible to remove the grey background on the MC namebox? I use transparent textbox and everything goes except the MC grey background. Thanks.
i have no clue what you used to change your textbox... so that would depend on what you did and how you did it

Last edited:

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Reactions: Chrisdarock19