• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Mod Ren'Py Midnight Paradise - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.24] [Shawnchapp]

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Sorry, it was https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/
Put into game folder.
I'll ask the creator to take a look at it. No worries.

open console (shift+O) and type
Code:
character.mc = Character("[mc.name]")
let me know

Or edit file "variables_anim_chars.rpy " and replace line 79
Code:
define -1 character.mc = Character("[mc.name]", namebox_background="#606060")
to the above mention earlier
Code:
define -1 character.mc = Character("[mc.name]")

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
open console (shift+O) and type
Code:
character.mc = Character("[mc.name]")
let me know

Or edit file "variables_anim_chars.rpy " and replace line 79
Code:
define -1 character.mc = Character("[mc.name]", namebox_background="#606060")
to the above mention earlier
Code:
define -1 character.mc = Character("[mc.name]")
In order to not have to do that each time I start a new version of the game, I have modified the transparent.rpy I was using to include the following:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This will also allow me to customize character colors too!.
Thanks for your input as well as LightmanP for finding the source of my original issue. I will pass this onto the transparent textbox creator as he may will to update his version to include this for others.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
In order to not have to do that each time I start a new version of the game, I have modified the transparent.rpy I was using to include the following:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This will also allow me to customize character colors too!.
Thanks for your input as well as LightmanP for finding the source of my original issue. I will pass this onto the transparent textbox creator as he may will to update his version to include this for others.

Ya that works too Lol as long as it has a higher init number then the game and my mod. (if its working its higher Lol)

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Caught an error, any solution?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('game/patch.rpy', 1684138124, 0) is defined twice, at game/midnight_paradise_patch.rpyc:1 and game/patch.rpyc:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Midnight Paradise\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.20-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Midnight Paradise\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.20-pc\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\Midnight Paradise\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.20-pc\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\Midnight Paradise\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.20-pc\renpy\script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "D:\Midnight Paradise\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.20-pc\renpy\script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "D:\Midnight Paradise\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.20-pc\renpy\script.py", line 501, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
ScriptError: Name ('game/patch.rpy', 1684138124, 0) is defined twice, at game/midnight_paradise_patch.rpyc:1 and game/patch.rpyc:1.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Wed Aug 30 19:55:01 2023

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi sorry to ask, but this mod also include incest? Or only the gallery from Bibifoc?

Because i have install both his patch. If i use you mod, what happen to Bibifoc patch?
Just to understand.
Thank you

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Hi sorry to ask, but this mod also include incest? Or only the gallery from Bibifoc?

Because i have install both his patch. If i use you mod, what happen to Bibifoc patch?
Just to understand.
Thank you
post right above yours Lol

Yes mod adds the patch if you use the standalone it will cause errors so delete it :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
post right above yours Lol

Yes mod adds the patch if you use the standalone it will cause errors so delete it :)
lol so the mod have all the Bibifoc mod? I mean also the sleep sex scene right? So to remove both the mod, and using only you mod.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
lol so the mod have all the Bibifoc mod? I mean also the sleep sex scene right? So to remove both the mod, and using only you mod.

sleep stuff is part of the game the only thing the mods patch does and bibifoc does is this

Code:
patched = True
night = True
all it does is set the dafualts to True to enable all the stuff.

Reactions: Bahamut Zero