BelloFiore

Jul 12, 2020
If I remember correctly , Mad Scientist DLC was scheduled to release within first half of 2024 .

So can we get an estimated release date ?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Is there a chance that the final DLC's release date will coincide with the completion of the migration to Godot?

...I guess I'm asking for an ETA for the "definitive" version of the...franchise? :unsure:
A very rough one at that, you are comfortable saying would do, even.

Pls don't hit me! :ROFLMAO:

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
Is there a chance that the final DLC's release date will coincide with the completion of the migration to Godot?
maybe, maybe not

the progress of either is not linked to the other
since there is no coding needed to be done for the DLC, I can focus my spare time on coding for the Godot build and the same goes for Archast and celtic1138 who are busy with the DLC content and don't have to worry about any coding

so... it's done when it's done and there won't be a date given unless we are comfortable in beeing able to meet that announced date

asking for it will not, I repeat, will NOT yield anything other than annoying us

like... wtf is the thought process here? "oh I bet they have a date already but are not telling us so let's keep asking them for it"
no, there will be no commitment to a release date/eta just because someone is asking for it
we decide when to announce it so there is absolutely no point in asking for it

• Wow
Reactions: Dafoster and Zippix

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Welp, that would be some fucked up thought process indeed, lol.

But alas, was just asking since I have been putting off getting the game for a good while now, and was curious about a rough guesstimate regarding the definitive version's arrival - now that it's in the not-so-far-away future. Well, at least probably, I guess.
Wrong time wrong place? Hehe. At any rate, godspeed then!

Slovetalot

Jun 22, 2024
Wow, this is the best game I have ever played. The renders, the story and dialogs are superb, much better than the overhyped Eternum and the rest of the "top rated" games on here.

A few wishes for some animations but it's not a deal breaker at all because I haven't seen many great 3D animations despite searching for years for my game modding and 3D modeling samples.

Thank you. I'm going to support this game via itch.io.

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
so... it's done when it's done and there won't be a date given unless we are comfortable in beeing able to meet that announced date

asking for it will not, I repeat, will NOT yield anything other than annoying us

we decide when to announce it so there is absolutely no point in asking for it
You don't have to be a dick/asshole about it, especially when you have people who bought your game and would like to know some info. They gave you money, the least you can do is communicate. Don't have to give an exact date, but just a little crumb of info.

If I remember correctly , Mad Scientist DLC was scheduled to release within first half of 2024 .
If it was and it wasn't released when it was supposed to, I'll take that as a lie.

the date will be given when ready, there is no point in asking for it
How about the people who bought it? don't they deserve to know what's up with their last piece of DLC? especially if they bought your overpriced Season Pass? you got some attitude bro. Just remember, without paying customers, you wouldn't have shit.

Give me a refund option on Steam and I'll refund the shit out of it. Could have enjoyed it for free too, remember that.

Reactions: Bishop Robert

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
You don't have to be a dick/asshole about it, especially when you have people who bought your game and would like to know some info. They gave you money, the least you can do is communicate. Don't have to give an exact date, but just a little crumb of info.

If it was and it wasn't released when it was supposed to, I'll take that as a lie.

How about the people who bought it? don't they deserve to know what's up with their last piece of DLC? especially if they bought your overpriced Season Pass? you got some attitude bro. Just remember, without paying customers, you wouldn't have shit.

Give me a refund option on Steam and I'll refund the shit out of it. Could have enjoyed it for free too, remember that.
Wow! "Spleen has been vented"!!!!

Personally, I've been following this game from the start & yes, I bought the DLC a couple of years ago... but I cannot recall at ANY STAGE, any dates EVER being given by the devs...

Any supposed release dates are forum members here spouting what they "think" or "believe" the release date should be - not a lot of people bother with facts nowadays... it's not expedient!!!

Don't call anyone a liar other than the blowhards who bring up false release dates though...

Yep - Panda Penguin can be a bit tetchy but that comes from him being the one who deals with so many opinionated troglodytes here at F95 - any dev would get to a point where frustration takes over from 'being nice'!!

If I read your blurb correctly, you also bought the DLC... it will still get you the content eventually.

If you wanna be angry, that's on you - nobody else bud!

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016

That's a strong reaction if I've seen one. We never committed to a release date because we frankly cannot give one, the team has 3 ppl on it, for the release to happen we need the work of all of them ready, but life happens, and none of us are doing this as a main job. Our plan was to get things shipped before July, and we said we were aiming at that release date, but things are still finishing, we have most of the update ready but things are never as easy as they seem.

Sorry if sometimes we're not clear, but honestly, what good would it do to be coming here and saying we're still working? Situation is still the same as last time. We were never fast but we've always delivered so far, we don't have a patreon or shit like that to be milking, we don't gain by taking more time, but we do that so we can have a better product in the end.

But try to fit in our shoes for a bit, how do you think the nerves are after being asked all the time about something we don't have the ability to respond? We're indie devs, we don't have a manager, or a PR sector to interact with our players, it's us and the world, and it gets tiring.

So the info we have is that we still have things to wrap up, all 3 of us are working in what time we have. And yes, you all could've enjoyed it for free and we remember that, but we could also just pay attention to paying customers, but you still see us here don't you? Panda helped a bunch of "free players" with problems even.

In the end the work is being done and you'll all be able to see it, the "when" will be shared when we have a firm date, until then it's still in the works.

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes