Antoon

May 13, 2018
Pretty much everyone can distinguish between real life and fiction. There's a diagnose for people who can't. So this argument is very much missing the point. Do you think people who have emotional reactions to fiction are convinced that what's happening is actually real?
I'm sure you have heard of what's called suspension of disbelief. In order to enjoy fiction we do have to deceive ourselves (or be deceived?) somewhat in order to enjoy a good story. That allows as to 'believe' what is happening, it allows as to empathize with the characters. If we don't, we don't really care about what's happening in the story.
Have you noticed that even in a video game it's much easier to kill a monster or some thug with a gun than a character with a personality, or someone who's begging you to spare them? That's because they are humanized - they're given actions or emotions you can relate to. Most people, unless they have psychopathic traits, will be at least somewhat distraught about killing such characters. Feels a bit real. That's when the whole "It's just a video game" defense kicks in.
What does this have to do with NTR? The genre usually (yes, there are plenty of exceptions) portrays a sociopathic, aggressively masculine, immoral character manipulating, coercing or raping a woman until she starts liking sex with him, because apparently that's sexy. It portrays a ruined relationship or ruined hopes for one, it mocks sexual inexperience, shyness, low social skills and it tends to bodyshame. And the characters involved, even if the plot is dumb as hell, tend to be plenty humanized, because that's kind of required for NTR to work. And yet here we have hordes of NTR fans not only having no trouble with it (or purposefully desensitizing themselves to it), but masturbating to the whole idea. So why are ntr fans acting surprised that some people might have problems with how popular the genre is.

You're incorrect in a lot of ways. But it's not about being surprised that "some people might have problems with how popular the genre is." Being sensitive to NTR is one thing, but I've seen people say sex toys don't belong in a harem, and that is really concerning. I'm not trying to ridicule anyone or do any kink-shaming whatsoever, but you really must know this extreme aversion is not normal sexual behavior. And I can't emphasize this enough: some of these remarks truly worry me, and I think those who are experiencing these types of anxieties ought to get help. It's not normal. Of course, the severe fetishes on this site are likewise abnormal, but most people are already aware that these fetishes have no connection to reality. And sometimes exploring these can be somewhat healthy, within certain boundaries. But sometimes I have the feeling that people with extreme aversions towards NTR also have extreme and/or distorted views about sex in real life.

pedrohefe

Dec 28, 2022
You're incorrect in a lot of ways. But it's not about being surprised that "some people might have problems with how popular the genre is." Being sensitive to NTR is one thing, but I've seen people say sex toys don't belong in a harem, and that is really concerning. I'm not trying to ridicule anyone or do any kink-shaming whatsoever, but you really must know this extreme aversion is not normal sexual behavior. And I can't emphasize this enough: some of these remarks truly worry me, and I think those who are experiencing these types of anxieties ought to get help. It's not normal. Of course, the severe fetishes on this site are likewise abnormal, but most people are already aware that these fetishes have no connection to reality. And sometimes exploring these can be somewhat healthy, within certain boundaries. But sometimes I have the feeling that people with extreme aversions towards NTR also have extreme and/or distorted views about sex in real life.
Im a jealous person in relationships, been single for 1 year and a half now. I was having a conversation with an user of this site once, about how fetishes and tastes are reversed on what we like/dislike rationally, Freud could explain it. I used to be concerned about enjoying ntr and being jealous irl but right now I think being extremely anxious like youre being cucked seeing characters cheating in a ficctious novel is far worse.

• Angry
Reactions: bryonsmothers3DX

karlsberg

Aug 16, 2019
If I'm incorrect in a lot of ways, then say what I'm incorrect about instead of weaseling out and starting to talk about the favourite punching bag of ntr fans.
I'm not here to defend all the vanilla fans who are obsessed with chastity, they are just as neurotic as the majority of vocal ntr fans. Neither of them are likely to have healthy attitudes towards sex and relationships.

Galaktur

Aug 3, 2020
Well, if you dont like definition of NTR, im not the one you should blame. But I will take your criticism to the department...
No one blames you) It's just that if it concerns his mother and sister, then the genre of NTR is not there...

pedrohefe

Dec 28, 2022
No one blames you) It's just that if it concerns his mother and sister, then the genre of NTR is not there...
your pov makes sense, but Its not widely recognized this way. Specially in this case, where there is a romantic incestuous relationship. Usually, when the MC got the hots for family members but have not hooked up with them, NTR genre is aplied, even if its only voyeur content at the point.

Reactions: EJW

Galaktur

Aug 3, 2020
your pov makes sense, but Its not widely recognized this way. Specially in this case, where there is a romantic incestuous relationship. Usually, when the MC got the hots for family members but have not hooked up with them, NTR genre is aplied, even if its only voyeur content at the point.
Just without incest, the NTR genre fits perfectly there without any problems...

3.20 star(s) 55 Votes