boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
I find this whole thread hypocritical and nigh unbearable. On the one hand people are screaming for blood that updates are sparse, on the other hand people are screaming for blood for not enough animations.

TBH this should all either be put to a poll (my least preferred option), or the creator goes a bit more transparent and says: "This is how things will be, this is what I've envisioned and what I can deliver".
Imho, the problem isn't him working slow or updates not being big enough, it's him not delivering on his promises/estimates. Remember he went from delaying 0.6 from March to August, to September, to October, to November, to December and now 0.7 from October to December, to January, to February.

Can't blame people for seemingly unreasonable high demands when he sets up the expectations himself.

I've mentioned several times I have no issues with him taking his time, I actually would want him to pause or abandon the game completely if it's such a burden on his mental health.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I find this whole thread hypocritical and nigh unbearable. On the one hand people are screaming for blood that updates are sparse, on the other hand people are screaming for blood for not enough animations.

TBH this should all either be put to a poll (my least preferred option), or the creator goes a bit more transparent and says: "This is how things will be, this is what I've envisioned and what I can deliver".

Then people are free to either like that and support him, or not and not.
Screenshot_2020-02-03 ICSTOR is creating ADULT GAMES Patreon.png

Garthane

Jan 21, 2020
Im not sure whats going on but I've tried 4 different downloads and the game constantly freeze's/ stops working the farthest I've got is able to click around my room at the start but if I try to save it will immediately freeze and stop working, I'm not the best with computers so I'm not sure whats going on.

Any help will be appreciated it always says the .exe stops working anytime I right click to save in the room, and in between scenes it freezes on the black screen and "stops working" before taking a minute or two to continue.

Last edited:

Yarini666

Jan 29, 2020
I love this game, it is one of my favorites, I look forward to version 0.7 although it is valid to clarify that the v0.6 for android gave many error problems and others, I hope that v0.7 compensates for these errors

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Im not sure whats going on but I've tried 4 different downloads and the game constantly freeze's/ stops working the farthest I've got is able to click around my room at the start but if I try to save it will immediately freeze and stop working, I'm not the best with computers so I'm not sure whats going on.

Any help will be appreciated it always says the .exe stops working anytime I right click to save in the room, and in between scenes it freezes on the black screen and "stops working" before taking a minute or two to continue.
What are your system specs?
Can you play other Ren'Py games?
If yes, can you play other Ren'Py sandbox games?
Have you done a virus scan lately?

Reactions: Q Who

Garthane

Jan 21, 2020
What are your system specs?
Can you play other Ren'Py games?
If yes, can you play other Ren'Py sandbox games?
Have you done a virus scan lately?

well its a i7-8550U Cpu @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
16.gb ram 64 bit os x64 processor

I have played a few other ren'py games
a few sandbox ones too
and yes just did recently today

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Any new update incoming???
As much as I'd like to think it's out today/tomorrow/by the weekend. You'll have to wait, due to the "neverending" requests about release dates.

Icstor: "It's out when it's out"

Says it all, don't you think?

This from his channel, from Judy's Therapy Couch [yesterday]

Judys Therapy Couch.png

• Haha

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
I bet the update would come out quicker if peeps stopped asking every day. Icestor is probably sitting there like oh they asked again, let me delay another day.

I knew someone who did something like that once....

Reactions: jdw6

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019

That's because of the main menu "animation". It's very poorly coded and will break the game if your system isn't top of the line.

Here's a method to fix it:
  • Extract the scripts with rpatool or one of the tools of the forum
  • Remove \Milfy_City-0.6e-pc\game\script.rpyc (or move it somewhere else as backup, just don't leave it in the game folder because ren'py will actually still try to read it). This is the bytecode version of script.rpy
  • Drop the script.rpy I attached here in the \Milfy_City-0.6e-pc\game\ folder
Basically what I've done is change line 29 of that script from the bad webm to a random game image.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
well its a i7-8550U Cpu @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
16.gb ram 64 bit os x64 processor

I have played a few other ren'py games
a few sandbox ones too
and yes just did recently today
Does the task manager show anything using a lot of CPU or memory?
When the game hangs, does the whole system hang, or just the game?
Does it hang when you click, or just when moving the mouse around the room?
Does "stop working" mean the game crashes to the desktop?
That's because of the main menu "animation". It's very poorly coded and will break the game if your system isn't top of the line.
Top of the line? Not hardly. Mine isn't, and plays the game just fine. And his problem isn't the main menu; it's actually playing the game.

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
Top of the line? Not hardly. Mine isn't, and plays the game just fine. And his problem isn't the main menu; it's actually playing the game.
He clearly states that his game freezes when he tries to save, so I'm 100% certain that this is solely because of the main menu webm. I have the same framedrops and I just fixed it.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
He clearly states that his game freezes when he tries to save, so I'm 100% certain that this is solely because of the main menu webm. I have the same framedrops and I just fixed it.
"and in between scenes it freezes on the black screen and "stops working" before taking a minute or two to continue. "
I don't think that's the main menu animation.

Given my i5 can handle the save screen with no issues, his i7 should have no problem.

Might be an ancient webm codec.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes