Goblincore

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2022
So you decided to abandon the game for good?
I might come back to it at some point in the future but right now I just don't have any motivation to continue it. Losing the files was the final straw but all the constant complaints about the art style and people telling me to hire an artist wore down the will to keep putting out content.

• Sad
Reactions: jackeasy

Dolno

Apr 2, 2024
I might come back to it at some point in the future but right now I just don't have any motivation to continue it. Losing the files was the final straw but all the constant complaints about the art style and people telling me to hire an artist wore down the will to keep putting out content.
If its any consulation, Im still looking forward to the mc fucking the goblin bullies. Just... Yknow.

kuntsman69

Apr 14, 2022
Seeing what other types of drivel survives and thrives on here I think you should abandon the thought of entertaining the complaints of those who have a problem with the art style. Personally, I like a more realistic, thick and "grimey" look to the women in VNs, and your artstyle matches that. And with huge tits too. Hiring an artist/co-developer would just make it less of a hassle to update.

On the other hand, pretaining to the abandonment of the game, I think you (as some others) have made an error in scaling. So many games with great potential have been abandoned because the devs want to make the Witcher 3 of family fucking video games. If you ever decide to get back in the saddle, I think a very basic story of one or two scenes with a random whore and one teaser of a related relation would be a good enough start, where people can whack off, but still feel the ache of half-empty balls, which can only be released with the vision of intercourse between relatives, by which point you cheekily flash the text: "Coming in next update;)" and keep to a schedule (be it weekly, bi-monthly, quarterly or whatever works) of always adding substance with quality.

You get to it when you get to it.

Feb 11, 2023
ahh man, that really sucks, I enjoyed the art and the game as a whole, have a good career break and see you later on.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
I still see daily posts of "tits too big" on threads where the banner makes it obvious that the models are hyper-sexualized. At the end of the day, there are countless accounts where people pop there head in, say something to the affect of "I don't like X" and disappear. If I ever developed a game and had to choose one category where I'd probably ignore/take most advice with a grain of salt, it would be art direction. At least regarding advice from this platform.

My take; your art is unique. In a platform drowning in games made with honey-select and other same-face art styles, I prefer this.

Reactions: Shirohige19

Rohse

Jan 4, 2018
Sadly the game's hit a bit too much of a hurdle, I lost a lot of files after my hard drive got corrupted and I couldn't get them back. Basically a lot of the game assets that would take too long to replace, and even then it wouldn't be the same as it was before.
I put a lot of time and energy into what I already put out and honestly just don't have the motivation to essentially start from scratch. There's more to it but that's the summary of the situation.
Well that's a giant pile.
Hope you find the motivation to go back to it at some point, and if not, then I hope you're feeling better without the pressure to create hanging over you.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes