RPGM Mind and Magic [v0.09] [Axl/SleepDeprivedAxolotl]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
Same response to the other guy: Bea's quest messed up a bit the PC, I'll upload a fix as soon as it's ready. For now, doing the Learning magic 3 before anything with Bea should do the trick, sorry for the inconvenience.
Sorry to have bugs messing up the experience, programming isn't my forte and it's something I'd rather leave to someone else xD
This still wasnt repaired i suppose, as when i tryed to load my save i was still not able to use the PC. Soo i have to start a new?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
i encountered a glitch where i interact with Audrey and suddenly the game screen goes blank. Any idea on how to fix this?
Audrey too, huh? If it's the same as the Bea one, I think the dev just forgot to add the "fade back in" command after leaving that screen. The game is still running as normal, so things like opening the menu and moving around and interacting with stuff will work, but it's covered by a black screen that only goes away when you trigger something else that gives the "fade back in" command. I'm not sure if leaving the room will work, and interacting with them again will fade in but then fade out again when you leave... You could try making a separate save (make sure not to overwrite your previous one in case it doesn't work) and see if loading it puts you back to normal. I already had a save right before hitting that bug so I was able to just open the menu and load it.

saphirel

Feb 15, 2021
The bats puzzles feels insanely impossible. I just don't have the reflexes for that I guess. It feels like I picked ultra-extra-difficult mode.

Reactions: Novadrone

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
Pretty good so far. I'd say the questlines need to be tidied up a bit. Hypnotizing Alice while she's sleeping mentions doing the same thing that you did to Liz, even if you haven't done it yet, and entering the Inn seems to mention an event with someone named Victoria, even if you haven't met her before. Some of the triggers cause events to happen twice, such as telling the crystal what happened, and the first meeting with Audrey.

The bat event when mining gems can go straight to hell though. I thought that this was one of those games that didn't have a Game Over screen. I'd figured that failing 3 times would cause Liz to save you, or that I'd be asked if I wanted to skip the minigame, like when avoiding the Facility guards.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
entering the Inn seems to mention an event with someone named Victoria, even if you haven't met her before.
I'm pretty sure Victoria isn't in the game yet. It's hinted multiple times that the protagonist has some kind of history from when he lived in the city, possibly involving a criminal group, and Victoria is likely a woman from his past who will show up later as a potential victim.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Added a new function to see the girls' stat: Press "P" to look at them anytime you want!
Is there some other way to access this? Like, a menu screen that has P as a shortcut or something? Because this seems like the kind of thing that the player could easily forget or not know about, so it helps if there's some other way to get to it that also reminds the player that they can do it any time with P. Most people are only gonna remember the basic controls of RPGMaker games, especially when they wait months between updates.

Chillion

Aug 16, 2019
There's a slight continuity issue, the part where you make Alice take off her outer layers has the player say "I need to find that friend" [referring to Liz], even though you can find Liz before doing this.

Chillion

Aug 16, 2019
got a black screen, here's what i did
>interacted with bea in the early morning "she hasn't noticed me yet"
>chose "mind control" option
>chose "give her a command" option
>saw nothing of interest, chose "leave"
>chose "leave" again
>black screen

also some of bea's dialogue isnt waiting for the player (and i think some of audreys)

Draccs

Jan 29, 2018
bro, fix this viewing distance for the characters, with them seeing from afar through the walls it was easier not to have a wall

edit: NPC movement is very simple, but the fact that they are not fixed and their vision simply goes from one end of the map to the other makes this simple passage practically impossible, I'm already about 20 minutes away just trying to get through this hell of a minigame

edit2: I think that about 35 minutes later, saving at specific points, it was possible to restart the game directly with f5, but it's absurdly boring with the NPCs seeing through the walls, other than that the game is very interesting
1711865634704.png

Last edited:

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
bro, fix this viewing distance for the characters, with them seeing from afar through the walls it was easier not to have a wall

edit: NPC movement is very simple, but the fact that they are not fixed and their vision simply goes from one end of the map to the other makes this simple passage practically impossible, I'm already about 20 minutes away just trying to get through this hell of a minigame

edit2: I think that about 35 minutes later, saving at specific points, it was possible to restart the game directly with f5, but it's absurdly boring with the NPCs seeing through the walls, other than that the game is very interesting
View attachment 3494463
If you just fail 10 times it'll let you skip

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
Guys, I don't know if it's because I'm using joi play, but the events don't seem to work for me, "control liz 1" talk to her at night in the library, I talk and nothing happens, "lear magic 1" study in the library, I clicked on all the possible interactions there and nothing happens...
Edit: I think I understand what happened, I did the mission to find Liz before getting the body, that's why everything went wrong

Last edited:

L12@

Feb 7, 2018
Stuck on the "Learning Magic III" quest, it tells me to go to my laptop in my room, but nothing happens. No sparkles on the computer in the MC's house, what do I do?

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes