picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
img/characters/%24Hero04_Shd01.rpgmvp:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

because this is the file.
'$Hero04_shd01.rpgmvp'

If you want your game to support OS's Linux, mac or android, that'll require the use the right case of filenames.

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
img/characters/%24Hero04_Shd01.rpgmvp:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

because this is the file.
'$Hero04_shd01.rpgmvp'

If you want your game to support OS's Linux, mac or android, that'll require the use the right case of filenames.
Sorry i'm dumb. :)

I didn't provide any Mac, Linux or Android version still. :)

And shield working correctly under Windows. After which action you get this message?

upd. Hmm... i can make MAC deployment very easy. But i can't test it because i only have Windows. May you test my MAC deployment?

upd. Link to the non-tested MAC version

Last edited:

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
I love the concept of the game, but god damn the execution is the absolute worst.... RPG maker, shitty forced "gameplay", terrible spelling... call me in about a decade when this game is finished and someone decides to make a ren'py version without all this shitty gameplay and fixed dialogue.

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
shitty forced "gameplay"
What exactly you mean by forced gameplay?

7 Psi points for opening Van Der Snork house aura? :) Game is non-linear. You can choose between two quests for plot exploration. And between two levels to gain Psi Points. 2x2=4. :) And Carlsons quest are non-lineal by themself. This mean even 2(non-linear)x2=4(non-linear). :)

upd. People please don't forget to inform how much your advanced in the story. This information may be crucial for balancing arcade elements.

Last edited:

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
I'm kind of amazed that you'd consider important information like HP values and stamina for your attacks as "ugly and distracting," good lord. Especially when there's nothing telling you that moving/running drains your stamina.

Reactions: cakeny

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I'm kind of amazed that you'd consider important information like HP values and stamina for your attacks as "ugly and distracting," good lord. Especially when there's nothing telling you that moving/running drains your stamina.
Moving didn't drains stamina here. And i can't remember arcades when running didn't drain stamina.

For this arcade mechanics i'm using Portuguese plugin for RPG Maker. Manual for him didn't exist. HUD tweaks are very limited and those HUD didn't intended to be arcade HUD at all. And believe me if i'm saying about adding more information will look "ugly and distracting" it will be ugly and distracting. :)

Whatever, there is lifebar and he working properly.
And in small Cat's level you can enjoy ugliness of stamina bar for testing purposes.
There is many arcade games when you never see stamina bar and many others hidden stats.

Whatever, this is a simple arcade game. Your blasting spells, moving, using shield. There is no need to develop deep strategies or calculating something. But i can accept that fact that for RenPy, HTML and Rags players it may look very dynamic, aggressive, unknown and subconsciously deeply horrifying.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
But i can accept that fact that for RenPy, HTML and Rags players it may look very dynamic, aggressive, unknown and subconsciously deeply horrifying.
Um... Dude, the problem isn't just that these people "aren't ready" for an arcade-style game. As someone who's studied game design for 20 years, I can tell you that there are some major issues. For example...

There is many arcade games when you never see stamina bar and many others hidden stats.
An important part of those games is that stats like stamina are apparent in other ways, and are integrated carefully into the gameplay. A character may only be able to run for a certain amount of time, but this is made obvious through their animations, and gameplay is designed in a way that ensures that you only need to use it in short bursts anyway. This game, meanwhile, has a setting in the options that says "always run", and it causes your character to move very strangely because they're constantly trying to run and using up their stamina. This even happens in town. It's clear that RPGMaker wasn't designed around a stamina system, but you tried to add one without having all the stuff that usually goes with it. If you're going to do something like that, it's important to at least include it as part of the UI.

There are other issues, but I don't really have the time to go into detail about them all.

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
This game, meanwhile, has a setting in the options that says "always run", and it causes your character to move very strangely because they're constantly trying to run and using up their stamina.
Oh, my... :eek:

I forgot about people who may want to turn On this setting. This setting is turned Off by default. YES(!) with turning "Always Dash - On" this arcade may be unbearable. :(

Need to look what i can do to restrict this option.

And i was confused why ppl have problem to kill couple of bats? :(

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
gremlin_shaman said:
Moving didn't drains stamina here. And i can't remember arcades when running didn't drain stamina.

For this arcade mechanics i'm using Portuguese plugin for RPG Maker. Manual for him didn't exist. HUD tweaks are very limited and those HUD didn't intended to be arcade HUD at all. And believe me if i'm saying about adding more information will look "ugly and distracting" it will be ugly and distracting. :)

Whatever, there is lifebar and he working properly.
And in small Cat's level you can enjoy ugliness of stamina bar for testing purposes.

Whatever, this is a simple arcade game. Your blasting spells, moving, using shield. There is no need to develop deep strategies or calculating something. But i can accept that fact that for RenPy, HTML and Rags players it may look very dynamic, aggressive, unknown and subconsciously deeply horrifying.
You're not exactly making an "arcade" game here, so maybe that's your first problem. You're obviously not a native English speaker so maybe something is getting lost in translation here, but even difficult & engaging games like Dark Souls have a stamina meter, because it's a critical part of the gameplay. You should never consider a stamina meter "ugly," considering you've implemented no other method of telling if your stamina is out or not. It looks just fine in the stupid cat level you never fail to mention, so why not just have it visible at all times?
"Very dynamic, aggressive, unknown and subconsciously deeply horrifying" are not the words anyone would ever use to describe this game. It's also funny how you mention those game engines to imply that people criticizing the game don't ever play anything else, or that you've created some entirely new gaming experience.
And i was confused why ppl have problem to kill couple of bats? :(
No one's having problem "killing a couple of bats," the issue is that killing those bats isn't fun or intuitive.

Look, I can tell you've spent some effort on this game and you're genuinely proud, but if you can't accept that what you've made has some major flaws, you're not going to last long.

Reactions: cakeny and greenp

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Quick fix v0.2fc released!

What's new?

* Battle HUD with stamina and HP numbers
* Running now didn't cost stamina points (you can use 'Always Dash - On' option without any penalties)
* New spell: Big Fire Ball (choose it by using 'W' button)
* Spells descriptions now more informative
* Evasion rate for enemies rebalanced
* Knife as testing option for your last resort

What may be still unobvious?

* Shield protect only yours front.
* Each enemy type have their own evasion rate from magical and physical attacks.
* The impact happens when projectiles reach not your tile but the tile next to yours. Therefore, be very careful when fast projectiles flying to your direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: icollectsouls

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
v0.2i released!

* New character Zoe and her quest part 1/N
* Mrs. Carlson 'home sessions' are fully redone. Now it's lineal and cost much less Psi Points to complete.
* Three new mini levels
* Two new spells
* Minor improvements

And maybe new bugs. :)
Untitled.png Zoe_02_03.png

Last edited:

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
You said you were using Portuguese plugins, so I guess it must be MOG's ones. MOG made a pretty convenient related to hud, which can be easily modified within the plugin parameter or using plugin command in events.

Otherwise it's possible to modify, change or create the hud the way you want, but it require learning some javascripts.

Reactions: ShamanLab

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
You said you were using Portuguese plugins, so I guess it must be MOG's ones. MOG made a pretty convenient related to hud, which can be easily modified within the plugin parameter or using plugin command in events.

Otherwise it's possible to modify, change or create the hud the way you want, but it require learning some javascripts.
Thanks for comment. But request for stamina bar was already completed relatively quickly. :)
You can see result on the last screenshot.

I'm 'modified' the hud drastically. :)

By the way as was said before this is not RPG but arcade/adventure with opportunity to chose the spells. Still didn't have enough comments about difficulty, spells efficiency or level design. :(

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
- I did all doors in the reception desk (except Mr. Carlson because I got tired of the game softlocking while trying to open the menu and save)
- I did the level outside the mansion
- I did that one scene with Zoey in the park
- I invited Ms. Carlson to my house and did so many scenes that now I'm always watching the same scene

Did I miss something?

Reactions: ShamanLab

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
- I did all doors in the reception desk (except Mr. Carlson because I got tired of the game softlocking while trying to open the menu and save)
- I did the level outside the mansion
- I did that one scene with Zoey in the park
- I invited Ms. Carlson to my house and did so many scenes that now I'm always watching the same scene

Did I miss something?
Wow! I'm so happy! :) Seems like you the first man who complete Mrs. Carlsons scenes (rebalanced version). :) This mean my last rebalansing work.

Nope, it seem's like you didn't miss anything. There is still more arcade then story or sex scenes mostly because of lack of feedbacks. :(

I will appreciate if you get me this testing information to understand how to make the game better:

- There was enough of Psi Points to complete all scenes by grinding it on those small animal levels without completing big Mrs. Carlson level?
- So you skip Mr. Calrson level because of lack of savepoints on the level? There is one savepoint in the middle of the level and opportunity to get back to this point when you approach to the end of the level.
- Did you use default Psi Ball spell only or experimenting with others spells too?
- Scenes (story quests) with which character you want to see on the next updates: Mrs. Carlson, Zoe or Van Der Snork?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
- There was enough of Psi Points to complete all scenes by grinding it on those small animal levels without completing big Mrs. Carlson level?
- So you skip Mr. Calrson level because of lack of savepoints on the level? There is one savepoint in the middle of the level and opportunity to get back to this point when you approach to the end of the level.
- Did you use default Psi Ball spell only or experimenting with others spells too?
- Scenes (story quests) with which character you want to see on the next updates: Mrs. Carlson, Zoe or Van Der Snork?
- I had to re-do the snake level like 6-8 times.
- I skiped it because sometimes when I opened the menu and everytime I tried to save in that place you mention, my game had an error and softlocked. It was something similar to the error mentioned here before "img/characters/%24E" something and the only action I can do is re-try which tries to load the save point and gives the same error again and again.
- I tried all but I found Psi Ball the most consistent and fun spell over all by a lot. Somnambulator was fun too.
- The misterious mansion looks interesting so Van Der Snork I guess but none really. For Mrs. Carlson I would recommend you make the game ask if the player wants to do another session or stop after each session instead of having to talk to her again.

Now about the game itself:

It isn't a surprise that I got here only after meeting you here and reading your opinion about incest games and its players. As I said in that thread, just based on the OP, it looks like a game that would never call my attention and now that I played it I can say that I wasn't wrong about that. The difference now is that at least I understand why the OP is like that, it's not like you have something better to show in a preview (maybe add one picture of the dog level with the new stamina and HP bar), those three images will give player a good impresion about what kind of game this is.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Honestly, if for some reason I would've played this game without meeting you in that thread and your opinion about incest games and its player, I would thought that you are just a 15 years old trying to make a game even if it sucks but you had your best intentions for the game, and that would be the most important thing for me because even if it sucks it's okay to suck because that's how we all learn to do things better. But now that I know that you think this:

Sure there is no any reason to make good game with 'incest' tag. The people who playing this have no idea about what interesting game or story or even real sex may be. You can make tons of shitty 'incest' games very quickly and easy and people with 'problems' will bring you money. In other side if 'normal' people see incest tag they know there is no way to find something decent like game play, or visuals or writing under this title. So they just skip it. :)
And you're a dev, and this is the kind of game you make... No. I still think that you're a 15 years old trying to make a game that sucks but now I really feel that the way you try to compensate for your bad game is insulting others games and players, trying to make them "open their eyes" and play other games like this one. I really get the vibe that it was a sad attempt of a frustrated dev becuase no one was interested in his game. I think the very first comment here summarizes everything I said very well in one short sentence.

Last edited:

ShamanLab

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I really feel that the way you try to compensate for your bad game is insulting others games
This is illogical. Not because my game is such a unrivaled masterpiece but because i wrote opinions like this many times long before the creation of my (unrivaled!) game.

But it is logical that people from NTR and incest niches have no interest to my game and are not able to objectively evaluate its quality.

But you right about one thing: The real story in this game has not yet begun.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: greenp and Zerdet

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
This is illogical. Not because my game is such a unrivaled masterpiece but because i wrote opinions like this many times long before the creation of my (unrivaled!) game.

But it is logical that people from NTR and incest niches have no interest to my game and are not able to objectively evaluate its quality.
Thanks for answering my long wall-post with only those two sentence. I trully appreciate that.

Sure, keep telling that to yourself until you believe it. Releasing a game and not having a single like or comment after 5 hours, releasing an update and not having a single like or comment on your thread after an entire month... I think those things talk a lot about what kind of game you have here, but sure, the problem are those damn NTR and incest fan who aren't able to recognize or objectively evaluate how much quality this game has.