VN Ren'Py Abandoned Mind Palace [Ep. 1-2] [Kirkus Camus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
Here is my unofficial android port of Mind Palace - Ep.1-2 - v0.2.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Grant permission for 2nd persistent save location.

Join my

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
Couldn't stand the text flow so I tuned the script a little to make it more palatable.
Turned down the fades, removed text staggering, etc.

Just extract it to the game/ directory so you have game/Scripts.
Overwrite if necessary.

On a related note: I hope the devs name isn't actually read as "Kirku scam us".

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hmmm...

I wanted to like this, had a bit of an Engrish problem but not too bad. As someone who likes player impact and player choice in games it feels like there is very little the player gets to decide. Once "Jackson" showed up I was disappointed, I figured that was where this game was going but held out hope for something different. The renders are decent though the same we see everywhere.

Overall, I hope the developer finds great success, but it is too linear for me.

Reactions: VossJck

JeremyCole300

Nov 25, 2019
No mac version??
How to play on macOS:
  1. Download & extract (DMG file)
  2. Open RenPy app
  3. Click preferences on bottom right of window
  4. Set projects directory(I recommend creating&setting to "documents/renpy_games" folder)
  5. Download and extract Windows game to RenPy projects folder
  6. Open Renpy and select game from projects list
  7. Click "Launch game"

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hmmm...

I wanted to like this, had a bit of an Engrish problem but not too bad. As someone who likes player impact and player choice in games it feels like there is very little the player gets to decide. Once "Jackson" showed up I was disappointed, I figured that was where this game was going but held out hope for something different. The renders are decent though the same we see everywhere.

Overall, I hope the developer finds great success, but it is too linear for me.
I was about to make a post about that and how the MC seems to just be another lil lamb ready for the slaughter. I haven't even made it to the point you apparently did. I stopped after the meal and when we are talking to Marissa at the top of the stairs. But, yeah, you beat me to it. lol

I wish the dev well on his project.

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
Hi Dev

Please please don't add enforced pauses into lines, just display the line and let the reader choose how quickly they read it.

Props to the guy above who removed the pauses (y)

Reactions: VossJck

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
On a related note: I hope the devs name isn't actually read as "Kirku scam us".
:unsure: Well, I have to agree: Twitter account was made last month, and probably their Instagram too.

So far this demo of theirs didn't introduce any important choices or forks in the storyline so I'm not impressed. I've seen longer prologues than these two episodes... :D

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Here is my unofficial android port of Mind Palace - Ep.1-2 - v0.2.0
Grant permission for 2nd persistent save location.

Join my
Hey DA. Thanks for the port! Came across the below errors. I have no idea if they are from the original game (haven't checked it on the PC) or from porting.

Edit: I have no idea if it's super annoying for me to list every error I found, but I'm doing it anyways and apologize if it irks you!

@Kirkus Camus, there's also a MC name error at the burger joint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Too soon to tell, the text pause is horrible. And it's very much a kinetic novel as right now.

Like the psychologists model. And while its been super slow,there might be an interesting story in here.

And please no more of the vegan dude.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Too soon to tell, the text pause is horrible. And it's very much a kinetic novel as right now.

Like the psychologists model. And while its been super slow,there might be an interesting story in here.

And please no more of the vegan dude.
I couldn't even finish it. Not just because of the text pause. I won't trash the game though. I'll just wait for a few more updates before I actually make a decision on it.

VossJck

Dec 31, 2019
Models are decent.
I like the story premise, it's interesting, but it was so long-winded like reading a novel, but the interactions didn't really move any plot along. I felt like I was at my boring ass job. Not something I want to emulate in my entertainment.
Basically, nothing significant has happened to move the plot in two episodes except for the introduction of Jackson. Which is being really drawn out.
I do wish the developer good luck.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Too soon to tell, the text pause is horrible.
The text pause is my biggest complaint. I max out text speed to avoid this kind of thing (waiting for text to pop up).

If the Dev wants a dramatic pause, well...

...leave in the ellipses and put the remaining text after the next click.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
models very similar to other games
In all fairness, it's hard to find models that aren't similar to other games, and when people alter them, that can do bad quickly.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes