Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Hi, I just want to make sure you all know this. There is no building bug.
There currently are no buildings to unlock. All the unlocked buildings you see in the buildings tab, are the starter locations, like the kiosk, the office building. Buildings like the sports field, the bath, the swimming pool, the cafeteria are not unlockable yet and thus are not listed.
The only exception is the cafeteria, which can be put on spot by playing through a certain variant of a certain event, and a bit of luck. Make puts the cafeteria on the list in the journal, but that one also isn't unlockable yet.

I'm sorry there isn't yet much content, and the other locations will be introduced over time. I'm working on adding more content. I released this game so early to make sure the gameplay features end up to your likings, before adding a lot of content that relies on a system that would have to be overhauled heavily, so I'm dependent on your feedback.
One of those examples is the voting system. I experimented with a new kind of system, that required people to put more thought into raising the stats, instead of just blindly ticking off goals. I knew it wasn't fleshed out. So now I recieved your feedback and I will work on making the voting system better.

Now with this message at the beginning of 2024, I wish you all a happy new year!

Reactions: Logan1377

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Hi, I just want to make sure you all know this. There is no building bug.
There's definitely a building bug that happens on one of the first days. It seems super inconsistent but buildings will end up permanently inaccessible if you see the lewd events from drugging the students on Jan 9
screenshot0002.png
There's also an event the day after that sometimes doesn't play and other times seems to play incorrectly.
Here's a save with everything but the main school buildings and gym are broken. I've got others where everything is broken except the gym. I've got one where everything is broken except the admin building too.

Reactions: santiago_campanella

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
There's definitely a building bug that happens on one of the first days. It seems super inconsistent but buildings will end up permanently inaccessible if you see the lewd events from drugging the students on Jan 9
View attachment 3234284
There's also an event the day after that sometimes doesn't play and other times seems to play incorrectly.
Here's a save with everything but the main school buildings and gym are broken. I've got others where everything is broken except the gym. I've got one where everything is broken except the admin building too.
Can you explain in detail, what you did to have the buildings inacessible after finishing the first potion part? I can't reproduce it. for me all the buildings become acessible again on the 10th of january.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Minor Game Update 0.1.2B

As I did after the first release of the game, I spent a lot of time after the 0.1.2 release reading all your messages and answering your questions and criticisms. Answering the same things over and over again, telling people that they've been grinding for stuff that hasn't even been implemented, is pretty stressful. But I took all those ideas and all that feedback and put this update together.

More info on :

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Can you explain in detail, what you did to have the buildings inacessible after finishing the first potion part? I can't reproduce it. for me all the buildings become acessible again on the 10th of january.
Okay I think I figured it out. If you replay Jan 9 without closing and reopening the game then this scene in the screenshot doesn't play. If you don't get this scene then the buildings that lock on the ninth stay locked.
screenshot0003.png
So run through all the January 9th events, start January 10th and reload a January 9th save without closing the game and the buildings will stay locked after. If you close the game and open it again then for some reason that Jan 10 morning event plays correctly and the buildings will unlock after.

Reactions: santiago_campanella

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Okay I think I figured it out. If you replay Jan 9 without closing and reopening the game then this scene in the screenshot doesn't play. If you don't get this scene then the buildings that lock on the ninth stay locked.
View attachment 3234335
So run through all the January 9th events, start January 10th and reload a January 9th save without closing the game and the buildings will stay locked after. If you close the game and open it again then for some reason that Jan 10 morning event plays correctly and the buildings will unlock after.
mhh okay, I guess I could know how I could fix that. The saving and loading seems to be the problem here.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Public News 01.02.24

Welcome back! It's time to talk about the current state of the development. Here I talk a bit about the new replay gallery and the new events.

More info on :
HS2_2024-01-31-18-15-20-025.png

skyward1785

Jan 19, 2023
I have all the requirements for TSE & Student-Teacher Relationship, but I can't select them for voting :-/

FoundALurker

Jan 29, 2024
Hey Su.IT,

Just want to give you the heads-up that your game has been flagged by Jiangmin as malicious containing 'Trojan.Generic.hpekt'.

I am sure this is most likely a false-positive case as other antiviruses and sandbox do not consider it malicious, and that Jiangmin had some reputation of flagging multiple false-positive cases, but I think it would be helpful to address this concern now so to avoid any accusations in the future. An explanation as to what part of your game executable could be triggering this false flag will certainly be enlightening.

Many thanks and goodluck with your projects.

Best regards,

A Lurker that desperately needs therapy and something good in life

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Hey Su.IT,

Just want to give you the heads-up that your game has been flagged by Jiangmin as malicious containing 'Trojan.Generic.hpekt'.

I am sure this is most likely a false-positive case as other antiviruses and sandbox do not consider it malicious, and that Jiangmin had some reputation of flagging multiple false-positive cases, but I think it would be helpful to address this concern now so to avoid any accusations in the future. An explanation as to what part of your game executable could be triggering this false flag will certainly be enlightening.

Best regards,

If the only virus scanner out of virus total's massive repository that flags a file is the sketchy Chinese one then it's a false positive. Jiangmin is shit and flags viruses where there aren't any all the time. It has terrible user ratings and pretty well universally bad industry reviews. It's a garbage AV that should not be part of virus total.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Hey Su.IT,

Best regards,

Thanks for the info but yeah that's definitely a false positive. I know it's not really evidence when it comes from the dev but my code is open source so if anyone is sceptical, you can review the code.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Public News 01.03.2024

Hello welcome back. Today is time for the monthly update for Mind the School.
First things first: The work on the new events is progressing well. The event texts are complete, and the images are 40% finished.

More info on :
HS2_2024-03-01-10-54-14-915.png

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes