Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
I doubt dev knows what 25% means. Had 8 meetings in a row with denial of new rules or cheerleading club.
Student relation requirement is 2 corruption, I have 16.7 and still get denied every single time, with 27% chance.

BTW, if you count each vote separately to be 25% positive chance, then total chance of success is 1.56%
because there are three votes. And that means in 52 weeks (a year) you will be successful just once, if you are really lucky.
yeah I made a mistake in the calculation. probability calculation was never my strong suit, but I just checked it, and as far as I see it, with 25% chance for each vote to be yes, the chance of the rule passing the vote is ~15% as it is a simple majority vote. So you need two out of three votes for. I'll fix the calculation and I'm still working on balancing the values, so please bear with me.
And before anyone says, I shouldn't release it when I'm still struggling with balancing. Please keep in mind, I'm solo developing this game, and except for you peeps, I have absolutely no feedback on the game, so I'm happy with every sort of constructive critique I get, but please still keep in mind that this game had it's first release in september 2023 and this is the first big update and so of course it is still rough on the edges.
No personal offense to you though. Just wanted to put that out there :)

BPMWM

Oct 1, 2023
Dude, I have to grind for stats AND THEN for the % of the vote? in 0.something increments?! Dahell were you thinking with this kind of grind?! Go look at Bimbo Life Coach/Summertime Saga for pacing this is not worth it... at all. Thought your idea was cool, corrupting the school and all that, but wolly molly does the grind kills this game. You shouldn't even cut it in half, you should get rid of like 80% of your grind... and for the love of... If the player hits the stat requirement IT SHOULDN'T BE A GRIND FEST FOR THE CHANCE TO PASS A RULE.

• Haha
Reactions: Sihn8

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
Soo, after some "cheating" with save load, i was able to get the chearleader rule approved.
Other than that, the two girls that allows you to unlock the relationship rule, it workked for me after a second time. When i first spoke with them and sayed i will take care of the rule, it didnt opened for me in the rules, but after i spoke to them the second time it did.

PS: I thought the chearleader club will be in the gym on the weekend, but its not (i tryed all of the times of the day of both days). So where actually, if it is implemented, it is? Or was it because i tryed the weekend right after the vote and need to wait another week?

Last edited:

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Soo, after some "cheating" with save load, i was able to get the chearleader rule approved.
Other than that, the two girls that allows you to unlock the relationship rule, it workked for me after a second time. When i first spoke with them and sayed i will take care of the rule, it didnt opened for me in the rules, but after i spoke to them the second time it did.

PS: I thought the chearleader club will be in the gym on the weekend, but its not (i tryed all of the times of the day of both days). So where actually, if it is implemented, it is? Or was it because i tryed the weekend right after the vote and need to wait another week?
Sry, the cheerleader club is implemented, but there are no events for it yet. There will be in the next update.

Kai956

Jun 15, 2017
It looks interesting and a bit like hentai highschool with getting new rules for the scool and girls and so on. The only thing that is bugging me personally is the only male protag. At least a choice between a male and female protag would have been good for that. But that is just my opinion

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
And before anyone says, I shouldn't release it when I'm still struggling with balancing. Please keep in mind, I'm solo developing this game, and except for you peeps, I have absolutely no feedback on the game, so I'm happy with every sort of constructive critique I get
I think you are approaching another big problem with current game meachincs. Since voting is chance-based, players will grind high above required stats to unlock something, while stats have a max at 100. Chances of successful voting will rise exponentially when stats get close to 100. And it breaks the pace of the game. At first you struggle to unlock anything, and later all stats are maxed and every vote is successful.

As for me, it seems better to spread content evenly from early game to lategame.
Most of the time its even better to have more content early, to hook players on your game and they will gladly grind for bits of content in lategame. But right now your balance works backwards.

Reactions: JaySpill

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
If you want to keep vote system, while keeping control over when something will be unlocked you need to change voting formulas.

For example, if I need 10 corruption for relaxed uniforms, that means at 10 corruption successful vote is 100%. But I can try voting for it earlier, with 5 corruption and have 50% chance of success.

Reactions: BPMWM and ArhraCole

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
If you want to keep vote system, while keeping control over when something will be unlocked you need to change voting formulas.

For example, if I need 10 corruption for relaxed uniforms, that means at 10 corruption successful vote is 100%. But I can try voting for it earlier, with 5 corruption and have 50% chance of success.
Yeah that sounds reasonable. I was experimenting with the current system, but I'm looking to change it more in the direction you mentioned.

I think you are approaching another big problem with current game meachincs. Since voting is chance-based, players will grind high above required stats to unlock something, while stats have a max at 100. Chances of successful voting will rise exponentially when stats get close to 100. And it breaks the pace of the game. At first you struggle to unlock anything, and later all stats are maxed and every vote is successful.

As for me, it seems better to spread content evenly from early game to lategame.
Most of the time its even better to have more content early, to hook players on your game and they will gladly grind for bits of content in lategame. But right now your balance works backwards.
That is actually something I already considered. Currently the inhibition stat should be capped according to the schools level. So you need to progress the school to the next level to continue improving the inhibition stat. On the other hand the level progression will be locked behind certain rules and other criteria. I'm also looking for modifier, managing the rates of stat progression throughout the game. And I guess, when I figured out how to have the voting system best integrated some of these problems should fix themselves.

But thanks for your input :)

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
I got the rule for student relatioship approved and it opened another rule, for teacher student relationship. I think thats too abrupt, i would suggest a rule for teachers relationship, like the second one, or maybe even change it to teachers relatioship at first, then students relatiohsip and then teacher student. I think that would be the right order for the corruption.
Putting teacher student at such a phase, is i think too soon.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
I got the rule for student relatioship approved and it opened another rule, for teacher student relationship. I think thats too abrupt, i would suggest a rule for teachers relationship, like the second one, or maybe even change it to teachers relatioship at first, then students relatiohsip and then teacher student. I think that would be the right order for the corruption.
Putting teacher student at such a phase, is i think too soon.
I'll think about it :)

EXPERTO

Sep 29, 2018
The game needs to give personality to its characters, now they are just people in the background. I don't like the voting system, it would be nice if you had to personally convince the rest of the teachers with a quest (After reaching some minimum requirements, e.g.: 50 education, 45 respect)

JoStark

Mar 28, 2020
000000101010.jpg

Can we have a better word than (Locked) ...locked until Vote is passed? ...locked in the game? ...locked till school level 3 ...locked in this iteration to be implemented at a later date?

ChaosStar0

Jul 16, 2023
My complaint is if the students are 18-22 it should be called a College, not a High School. The Headmaster gets away with it by being a remedial High School for students who failed their finals. Otherwise, I love this type of game.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
My complaint is if the students are 18-22 it should be called a College, not a High School. The Headmaster gets away with it by being a remedial High School for students who failed their finals. Otherwise, I love this type of game.
I understand you, but that school system is not american. I oriented myself a bit with the japanese school system. Then oriented myself with the typical age of students achieving A-grade in germany, which is currently at about 18-20 and then chose high school to make it more aligned with the two other schools included by a patch. The terminology high school will be abandoned anyway in the next major update and will then be referred to as school. So that should make it better then, I hope.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JoStark

kohrah

Sep 24, 2018
yeah I made a mistake in the calculation. probability calculation was never my strong suit, but I just checked it, and as far as I see it, with 25% chance for each vote to be yes, the chance of the rule passing the vote is ~15% as it is a simple majority vote. So you need two out of three votes for. I'll fix the calculation and I'm still working on balancing the values, so please bear with me.
And before anyone says, I shouldn't release it when I'm still struggling with balancing. Please keep in mind, I'm solo developing this game, and except for you peeps, I have absolutely no feedback on the game, so I'm happy with every sort of constructive critique I get, but please still keep in mind that this game had it's first release in september 2023 and this is the first big update and so of course it is still rough on the edges.
No personal offense to you though. Just wanted to put that out there :)
so i've been playing through and trying to ignore the grind as much as possible, went to unlock the cheerleader club, as you stated should be a simple majority, i have Yulan Chen votes for, Yuriko oshima Vetos, Adelaide Hall Votes for, and the vote fails. cheerleading club will not be implemented

Also i've yet to figure out how to unlock TSE, states need inhibition 95- and corruption 10+ which is green and well beyond those points

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
so i've been playing through and trying to ignore the grind as much as possible, went to unlock the cheerleader club, as you stated should be a simple majority, i have Yulan Chen votes for, Yuriko oshima Vetos, Adelaide Hall Votes for, and the vote fails. cheerleading club will not be implemented

Also i've yet to figure out how to unlock TSE, states need inhibition 95- and corruption 10+ which is green and well beyond those points
yeah it failed, because yuriko vetoed. a veto is not a simple no, it's an official protest against the topic, which automatically fails the vote no matter the remaining results. a veto occurs when the result of the randomizer is more than 50 points below the needed threshold or the calculation falls below 0. That doesn't tell you much, but I want to say with that, that it occurs when a party strongly opposes the topic instead of just being against it.

yeah tse can't be voted on yet. that's why it says locked instead of showing a probability value. I know that people did misunderstand it. I thought that would have been enough. I'm working on a small patch for the beginning of january where I'll make things more clear in the journal among other things, like making the vote less grindy until the rework for 0.1.3

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes