VN Ren'Py Abandoned Misary Lake [v0.2] [johannes89]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
The sandbox is really cranky. Right now it's a hot mess.
As soon as 'sandbox' is mentioned I'm OUT!
To me sandbox means either A: clicking everywhere to find what to do next or B: Repetitive Grind!
No thank you to either!

That being said I do have to give a thumbs up to the Dev for reading comments and taking everything as constructive criticism. Good luck in the future man! Stick with it and keep learning.

Reactions: qaywsx

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Rough work.. Misary is fine, it's the name of the town.. easily could be just a play on the word Misery.. or just.. the name of the town. BUT the voices.. just drop the voices (in my opinion) If you want sound effects that's fine.. but the voices just sound too computerized to add anything to the game. Keep fighting the fight though.. I've seen games come in rough and as the DEV progresses the game improves.. Good luck!

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
thank you its just something ive tried and like i see it didnt work so ill remove it until i can improve the voices

Daniele69

Feb 22, 2020
here is the Italian translation
Misary Lake [v0.1]

Traduzione italiana By Mario69sex

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Is this some sort of spin-off from your other game? The characters look familiar and the whole bar thing to of course.

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Is this some sort of spin-off from your other game? The characters look familiar and the whole bar thing to of course.
Because of all the bad reviews and images that was bad ive went and rerender the whole game the other game received way to many bad reviews regarding the story and the images so it was about the bar girl but now the story is more about the town

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
I will be removing the voice over text in the next update i saw many complaint that its not working

thank you for those who give positive feedback and those with the Negative thank you even more because if there are no negative reviews how will one know its problems

jezzoo

May 12, 2020
This. Why always the english people complain about the english write from other country's people?
I would want see how these people write in another language that is not their first.
Because no matter the reason, the English in the game is still bad. I know it's not easy to learn and I'm not saying people have to be assholes about it, but that doesn't change the fact that the language in the game is still poor. If I decide to write something in Swahili, people might point out my Swahili sucks. And they'd be right, because it does.

Hell, the comments may even move someone to help the dev with the language.

I will be removing the voice over text in the next update
I think this is the right choice. I prefer text-only to crappy algorithmic text-to-speech. Properly voice acted speech would be great, but that's hard.

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Because no matter the reason, the English in the game is still bad. I know it's not easy to learn and I'm not saying people have to be assholes about it, but that doesn't change the fact that the language in the game is still poor. If I decide to write something in Swahili, people might point out my Swahili sucks. And they'd be right, because it does.

Hell, the comments may even move someone to help the dev with the language.

I think this is the right choice. I prefer text-only to crappy algorithmic text-to-speech. Properly voice acted speech would be great, but that's hard.
well in south africa the english are not actually bad but because english are ur first language you do find it worst than what we do and thank you for the feedback

dheadmaster

Jul 30, 2017
Let's try it, the renders look pretty good
This person needs to go back and learn Daz 3d properly, as well as Photoshop. They look like they are hustling to create a patreon page to ask for money for a game that will never be completed!

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
This person needs to go back and learn Daz 3d properly, as well as Photoshop. They look like they are hustling to create a patreon page to ask for money for a game that will never be completed!
No hustling im trying hard to learn daz and i just know the basics for photoshop not everyone try to get money ive being creating gameplay videos for 2 years now and found it really interested to play the games and would love to create my own game

dheadmaster

Jul 30, 2017
No hustling im trying hard to learn daz and i just know the basics for photoshop not everyone try to get money ive being creating gameplay videos for 2 years now and found it really interested to play the games and would love to create my own game
Sorry if I was a little harsh on you, but there are a lot of people who start games for Patreon support and abandon it after. Focus on your artwork! For this kind of game, artwork is the most important part. Render it bigger then decrease the size in photoshop for better quality. You also don't have to use the highest resolution, I'll play a good looking 720p game over an awful looking 1080p one.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes