• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.80 star(s) 17 Votes

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
I thought my GPU would take flight while playing this. Weird artifacts, wall and window textures have some strange effects added to them it seems, way too many light sources and still not bright enough at some spots. 2.6GB for such a small sample? You've definitely added resources that are not used in the final project. My estimate is that it should be at least 1GB less.

elstupidwolf

Jun 2, 2017
Yeah, my computer who is more than ok took a beating with your game.
And agreed, the lights. It's way too dark & the lights sources are way too bright.
But the concept is intriguing so..

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
FPS is terrible, clearly using UE's inbuilt upscaler on by default as well with all the ghosting happening. I'm guessing lumen/nanite as well but the objects must not be converted for nanite yet for some reason, and maybe too many lumen bounces but with how dark some parts are makes me think there's other issues caused by importing files making it not receive the lighting properly.

Game needs some config options for sure, but as an ultrawide user when walking around the game is zoomed in a bit which makes it feel unplayable but if you're on the main menu or in a cutscene (e.g the shower) it puts up black bars and looks correct. Needs either black bars added to gameplay side or fixing how it handles the cameraview in ultrawide.

Reactions: CherryWhy

Elisabeth_hypno

Jun 13, 2020
The fading in eyes in the beginning was very nice, put it reverse when she return to recharge. The set up is amazing so many possible plot for an abusing relationship, put more content about it, untill you fix the graphic issue put a warning as she wakes up like: "A network error may give some issue even in the envoirmental visual perception"

CherryWhy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2022
Day 2 is here with a lot of tweaks!

Remember, nothing is final at this point. There will be more performance improvements, more items in the rooms, more available rooms in the house etc.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
v0.01
Win
:

Reactions: Cruiser80

BczILher

Nov 29, 2017
Downloading just to see the house design .... previews are looking great & also love for Unreal Engine.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Tried the update, so since I left some feedback before I'll do it again.

Performance I wouldn't say is better all around, but is certainly more stable which I would imagine is due to disabling lumen (being able to see in the kitchen etc is nice though!). Didn't have any more stutters walking around but my fps was lower compared to the last build, maybe on average the same or a bit lower but it the fps could never peak as high as it was doing previously (my peak fps was double in previous build). Stability and no stutter is definitely a smoother experience unquestionably though.

Resolution still bugged, since I'm ultrawide it started up fine and looked right when I loaded in and upon testing it that's when it broke lol, could never get it back into ultrawide mode even with going into the config files. Bigger issue though, the settings HUD doesn't seem to work / update correctly - the resolution only had 4 options (none ultrawide, but still a low number) so even if I set it to 1440p Windowed for example, it would go windowed mode etc but if you open the settings it would think it's in fullscreen 1080p. Going down from Epic settings to High settings didn't change performance either so not sure if it applied anything.

Also if you spam F/E? in the yoga cutscene the character model glitches around :D

Reactions: CherryWhy

MitFORKL

Jul 24, 2018
Just a tip, it's incredibly frustrating to have the camera distance locked. I know you probably have a reason for that but in general is a massive improvement to give freedom of zoom/movement/position to the player with Camera controls. Just my 2cents, great work so far.

CherryWhy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2022
Just a tip, it's incredibly frustrating to have the camera distance locked. I know you probably have a reason for that but in general is a massive improvement to give freedom of zoom/movement/position to the player with Camera controls. Just my 2cents, great work so far.
You can use mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Camera controls are disabled in the cutscenes for a reason :)

Performance is something that I will improve with every update. I have to take a closer cool what's up with the resolution issues. Spamming F seems to cause something to trigger while in the cutscene, I need to fix that too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Snogardragons

Apr 27, 2017
I request the ability to turn off motion blur. It will help performance on older machines, it's more realistic without it, and it gives some people motion sickness. Thankfully, I think the low frames help a little bit with that for me.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if changing the settings actually does anything at all. Certainly doesn't change the amount of memory used for me.

Reactions: SerpentWave

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
I did the dishes and can't find anything else to do. The yoga thing won't initiate.

SerpentWave

Aug 1, 2017
I request the ability to turn off motion blur. It will help performance on older machines, it's more realistic without it, and it gives some people motion sickness. Thankfully, I think the low frames help a little bit with that for me.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if changing the settings actually does anything at all. Certainly doesn't change the amount of memory used for me.
I second this, as I just dont care for it regardless. However, it does have a fair resource cost, as well.

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
Why do developers think we want this shit? :ROFLMAO:
Because not all gamers are into competitive multiplayer titles. Some, like me, are more interested in games as a story-telling medium, as an art form. Funny that I'm searching here for that "shit". :ROFLMAO:
In such a case, motion blur "done right" can add immersion and depth to the movement speed in a certain gameplay/cutscene moment.

I personally cannot stand any competitive shooters for more than an hour of continuous gaming. But I don't go bitching about how I feel these games are shit everywhere I go.
1660928894095.png
So you do you.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 17 Votes