Team Monolith

Creator of Monolith Bay and Home Together
Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Version 0.27.0 flirt and have sex with pedestrians!

Hi everyone :)
When you talk with pedestrians you now have the option to flirt with them. Depending on your dialogue choices and character stats they might even be convinced to follow you somewhere private to have some fun.
Did you know you can name your character creations "NPC_Name" and they will show up as pedestrians in town?
Supporter download:

If you are just here for the update that's it :)
Here is some info about changes to our Patreon tiers:
We got feedback from the community that the prices for our cheat codes are too high. The reason for the pricing was that cheats add nothing no new content and are not necessary to play the game. They were meant as a small reward for especially generous support. But the high prices shed a bad light on it when people thought they are necessary.
We reduced the price of most cheats by half, and there are no more cheat rewards for the VIP tier.
As an alternative reward, the community suggested different amounts of voting power for different tiers. So we added that now to our tiers.
For the details of all the different tiers check:
We plan to now do monthly polls from now on. The first of these polls will come soon and will decide a sex position that will be added to the game.

have a nice day,
Team Monolith

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Been watching this game develop for a while, being patient and biding my time.

Since seeing your updated pledge levels and descriptions and the recent discussion regarding the cheat codes,
just adding my 2-bits, if you care.

I am leaning on the side that having such high Monthly rates just to feel like you get all the in-game perks (the cheats) is a little too far. Id be a little less turned-off if it was billed on major releases vs monthly.. but regardless.
I get the need to draw in funds, I get the whole thing of "they are not necessary", but when they are treated with this kind of laissez-faire, people are going to want all the cheats.
And again, looking at the page with the update descriptions.. beyond getting all cheats, I could care less about any of the other non-in-game perks beyond the $13 level.

And briefly on the money side of things, (not just directed at Monolith, but this is also in general); I think for most things, anything beyond what I would pay for an MMO subscription is ridiculous. I think honestly most game devs who start to have levels beyond the 10-15 range a month (for super early release, or highly desired content, etc. not including custom-request/handcrafted content) are seriously mental/greedy/out-of-touch.
Sure you get more PER person.. but you get LESS people... if most things were within the 5-10 range, i would suspect more people would be willing to pay-in and end result is more overall money (isnt that the goal?). To have really high amounts, is kind of twisting the blade. If it was charge on major release it would hurt just a bit less, but it would still hurt. Again.. yes running a "company" taking "donations".. but still i think there are lessons to be learned in the "creator community" when it comes to this stuff.

Now as for Monolith's pledge levels.. I would be willing to do the $13 (even monthly if the update cadence is high and its kept to a consistent quality) but id want all the cheats. You could toss out everything else and id be fine.
So.. maybe consider that?... I have a feeling there are others who would rather get all the cheats.. vs "experimental VR builds".
I certainly could care less about that right now. So lets say make a 2nd $13 tier, or hell 10 or 15, whatever you feel would be fair, (i hate it when #'s dont end in 0 or 5) and have it just be latest build and all the cheats.

Thoughts?

(I know having high cost amounts for things like custom or handcrafted requested content is something that needs to be throttled else.. you got everyone and their dog asking for their special waifu and then nothing would get done. So, I do get the need for things of that nature, but for what would be normal game content.. no.)

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Been watching this game develop for a while, being patient and biding my time.

Since seeing your updated pledge levels and descriptions and the recent discussion regarding the cheat codes,
just adding my 2-bits, if you care.

I am leaning on the side that having such high Monthly rates just to feel like you get all the in-game perks (the cheats) is a little too far. Id be a little less turned-off if it was billed on major releases vs monthly.. but regardless.
I get the need to draw in funds, I get the whole thing of "they are not necessary", but when they are treated with this kind of laissez-faire, people are going to want all the cheats.
And again, looking at the page with the update descriptions.. beyond getting all cheats, I could care less about any of the other non-in-game perks beyond the $13 level.

And briefly on the money side of things, (not just directed at Monolith, but this is also in general); I think for most things, anything beyond what I would pay for an MMO subscription is ridiculous. I think honestly most game devs who start to have levels beyond the 10-15 range a month (for super early release, or highly desired content, etc. not including custom-request/handcrafted content) are seriously mental/greedy/out-of-touch.
Sure you get more PER person.. but you get LESS people... if most things were within the 5-10 range, i would suspect more people would be willing to pay-in and end result is more overall money (isnt that the goal?). To have really high amounts, is kind of twisting the blade. If it was charge on major release it would hurt just a bit less, but it would still hurt. Again.. yes running a "company" taking "donations".. but still i think there are lessons to be learned in the "creator community" when it comes to this stuff.

Now as for Monolith's pledge levels.. I would be willing to do the $13 (even monthly if the update cadence is high and its kept to a consistent quality) but id want all the cheats. You could toss out everything else and id be fine.
So.. maybe consider that?... I have a feeling there are others who would rather get all the cheats.. vs "experimental VR builds".
I certainly could care less about that right now. So lets say make a 2nd $13 tier, or hell 10 or 15, whatever you feel would be fair, (i hate it when #'s dont end in 0 or 5) and have it just be latest build and all the cheats.

Thoughts?

(I know having high cost amounts for things like custom or handcrafted requested content is something that needs to be throttled else.. you got everyone and their dog asking for their special waifu and then nothing would get done. So, I do get the need for things of that nature, but for what would be normal game content.. no.)
This is what we've / I have been saying for the last 2 weeks.
Notice: from the last time I looked, to now, their subscription count has dropped (in fact it has dropped even more since I looked earlier today) $746USD (from 4760 on 8/22) and 178 (from 653) patrons. Do with that information what you will. But that should be a giant red flag on the field to indicate a problem. You just lost 27% of your patron base and 15% of your revenue.

Anyways, coretex if you go back a couple pages (3-4) you'll see we've been going back and forth for the last 2 weeks or so basically saying the very thing you just stated. is the example I keep using for how to market and sell an adult game on Patreon the right way. $1-3 for a current monthly beta build; This is a person/team that knows how to market and sell their game.

Edit: Monthy Revenue is still going down after I refeshed just now, another 5 people and $17.

Last edited:
Reactions: coretex

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
This is what we've / I have been saying for the last 2 weeks.
Notice: from the last time I looked, to now, their subscription count has dropped (in fact it has dropped even more since I looked earlier today) $746USD (from 4760 on 8/22) and 178 (from 653) patrons. Do with that information what you will. But that should be a giant red flag on the field to indicate a problem. You just lost 27% of your patron base and 15% of your revenue.

Anyways, coretex if you go back a couple pages (3-4) you'll see we've been going back and forth for the last 2 weeks or so basically saying the very thing you just stated. is the example I keep using for how to market and sell an adult game on Patreon the right way. $1-3 for a current monthly beta build; This is a person/team that knows how to market and sell their game.

Edit: Monthy Revenue is still going down after I refeshed just now, another 5 people and $17.
Don't read too much into the amount shown on Patreon, it updates very weirdly. Our patreon count and support has been steady for 6 months and even grown the last two month. So don't worry.
We reduced the price of the cheats by 50% which is quite a lot at once. We might do more when needed in the future.
Getting the game for $1-3 doesn't work for a game like ours, since we aim for $19 price tag for the final version. Andrealphus game can go with a smaller price because it has a way bigger target audience (2D game runs on every PC, and 2D adult games just have a way bigger player base in general) we cater to people with a decent gaming PC. We compare ourselves more with the likes of wild life and fallen doll, which have similar price tags as we do.
But that it costs $13 kinda bothers me too. It really should just be $10, idk why Patreons conversion is so weird. But nothing we can do about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: f95zone69

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Ok.. so.. point was missed.

And I will end my part with this:

I guess I'll be waiting an indeterminable timeframe for a while longer and hope that everything is then included eventually in that desired price.
You are certainly on the average getting more than the desired $20 for the finished product out of anyone who does manage to stick around for at least a couple of months, and certainly of anyone who goes all-in, when in the end.. what was the point?
If someone doesnt care about the polls, and doesnt care about the experimental stuff, why would they pay more than $20 and end up not getting all the cheats?
EOL

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Ok.. so.. point was missed.

And I will end my part with this:

I guess I'll be waiting an indeterminable timeframe for a while longer and hope that everything is then included eventually in that desired price.
You are certainly on the average getting more than the desired $20 for the finished product out of anyone who does manage to stick around for at least a couple of months, and certainly of anyone who goes all-in, when in the end.. what was the point?
If someone doesnt care about the polls, and doesnt care about the experimental stuff, why would they pay more than $20 and end up not getting all the cheats?
EOL
Just keep in mind the main point of every pledge (especially 10+) is to make the development of the game possible (crowdfunding). You give your financial support and the developers can use that money to make the game better. For example by being able to hire an animator, and bringing more sex animation into the game (see our goals on Patreon).
So the rewards are just a bonus thank you, that is the reason they are pricey relative to the reward. So if it is too much money for you and you are not interested in the reward for that price that is totally fine and intended. Only get them if you have the money to spare and spend as much as you think the game is woth supporting. :)

Last edited:

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
Version 0.27.0 flirt and have sex with pedestrians!

Hi everyone :)
When you talk with pedestrians you now have the option to flirt with them. Depending on your dialogue choices and character stats they might even be convinced to follow you somewhere private to have some fun.
Did you know you can name your character creations "NPC_Name" and they will show up as pedestrians in town?
Supporter download:

If you are just here for the update that's it :)
Here is some info about changes to our Patreon tiers:
We got feedback from the community that the prices for our cheat codes are too high. The reason for the pricing was that cheats add nothing no new content and are not necessary to play the game. They were meant as a small reward for especially generous support. But the high prices shed a bad light on it when people thought they are necessary.
We reduced the price of most cheats by half, and there are no more cheat rewards for the VIP tier.
As an alternative reward, the community suggested different amounts of voting power for different tiers. So we added that now to our tiers.
For the details of all the different tiers check:
We plan to now do monthly polls from now on. The first of these polls will come soon and will decide a sex position that will be added to the game.

have a nice day,
Team Monolith

I'll give it a once over and do some hard testing when I get some time. Let's see if I can break the game again by getting some place the game swears I shouldn't be able to get.

For context, somehow I got stuck on the roof of the church.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Every time i want to sit down and give this game a real look/chance I read through the last couple pages of the thread and abort out. For what feels like years now.

$6.50 a month and you don't even get the latest build that has been out for what, a month now? And pay for cheats? Good grief lol

SpamD9

May 10, 2018
I cant get into the garage to talk to lloyd and the blonde neighbor never leaves the house next door that i cant enter, and after her saying to watch through the wall never shows up. Pretty sure may game is bugged as the only quests i got after going to the ghost girl and dealing with the jock are to date her and spy on her which i cant do

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I cant get into the garage to talk to lloyd and the blonde neighbor never leaves the house next door that i cant enter, and after her saying to watch through the wall never shows up. Pretty sure may game is bugged as the only quests i got after going to the ghost girl and dealing with the jock are to date her and spy on her which i cant do
This is a bug that got fixed many weeks ago in 0.26.1 and many people in this thread asked about it.
0.26.0 was pirated here and I gave my consent for someone leaking 0.26.1 since it is just a bug fix. But no one did...

But since 0.27.0 is now released and no one seems to want to leak the fix I guess I do it myself now (it is not the latest version anymore, anyway).

So here you go:

But in general, I recommend playing the versions from our Patreon. Remember, anyone can upload anything here so you can never be sure you are not playing anything broken or full of malware (anti-virus programs come to their limit if you actively start a malicious .exe hiding as the game, so that won't help). ;)

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 48 Votes