Mod Ren'Py Monster College Walkthrough Mod + Gallery Unlocker [v0.8.11] [zinacke]

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Can you develop ?
Both name and contents of the script file changed, so you'd need to provide an altered translation file for cap_05_sc_14A - Nina camera. Be sure to tag ' new "Answer the phone"' with [recommended] and you're golden.

Hm, while I'm at it, you may want to revisit cap_06_sc_02 - Sofia Sharp Lily Ufficio Rettore, provide your own translation for line 317 '
"Intervieni"' – as the game pulls that from somewhere else – tag it with [recommended], tag 'new "Doubt Lily's guilt [Lily1]"' with [recommended], and go into cap_06_sc_01 - Sofia camera Edward to finally tag 'new "I am convinced! [Sofia1] Much more content"' with [recommended], as well. Elsewise people may miss the last scenes of chapter eight. *nudge nudge wink wink*

MrBenny, see above. :giggle:

No, it doesn't come from your mod, I'd already played the game without it and there were already problems. I think it's more to do with the translations implemented in the game (I play in French), which make the script buggy at times.
That's not how translations in Ren'Py work… Anyhow, it's an error in the game's script. There's a few others like it that I've reported to the dev, already. Seeing as I didn't stumble upon this one, it's not on the harem route. Will look into it.

i can try to...in the shower scene with zombie girl after all the hussle i dont have the option for go to harem,...in the scene with ex girlfriend and the wolf girl ,after all the bla bla game gave me 3 diferent scenes,..like if all the paths come to play after you talk to her....
Maxine's not the starting point for your harem, though. You need to set it up be set up with it like so. Hope this helps!

Reactions: MrBenny

BigWilli

Nov 3, 2022
"Yes it will, but im currently sick and don't have the energy to update the mod (considering that i have a lot of work for this version)"

Never made a post before here. But I very much hope you prioritize yourself and take the time you need. It is very much appreciated, anyone who does the mods and the work. I don't have the skills. I don't have the time or the energy or the effort left after work to learn them. So I appreciate those who do, and can appreciate if IRL they need time to recover from illness, from good things, from life and whatnot. Updates are always appreciated just to get a head's-up in those cases. Modding in general seems like it is a community, and I appreciate that. So I hope you get to feeling better.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
when you install the mod you can't even start the game but as error occurs.
I will make this as clear as I possibly can: the mod hasn't been updated to work with the current version of the game so there will be errors. now I know it's hard for people to check and see if others talked about this but ffs, do 10 seconds of looking to see why the problem is happening instead of being dense

Myg-Ames

May 7, 2022
Hordragg

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about this. I was wondering why (and I'm not using the mod) the saves don't allow the MC name change to carry forward. I also noticed my option settings are all reset to the default when I load a saved game.

Punto

Jun 18, 2020

Overview:
A walkthrough mod that show variables in choices and advice the best one, and a gallery unlocker to see all the scenes​

Updated: 22/08/2024
Game/Creator: Monster College /
Modder: zinacke
Mod Version: v0.8.11
Game Version: v0.8.11
Language: English/Italian

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

Download:

View attachment 2980271 View attachment 2980273 View attachment 2980279
Please update your mod for v. 0.8.13.1 :love:

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Hordragg

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about this. I was wondering why (and I'm not using the mod) the saves don't allow the MC name change to carry forward. I also noticed my option settings are all reset to the default when I load a saved game.
There can be only one!
The game tracks your character's chosen name in a global variable; the actual value isn't persisted to a save file. They do this so the replay gallery uses your chosen name without bugging you about whether or not you're fine with being called 'Peter' every time… Basically, whatever you last entered on starting a new game will be used throughout the whole game. So, restart, set your name, load your save, boosh. Hope this helps!

Please update your mod for v. 0.8.13.1 :love:
Apart from the game apparently having entered a state of substantial rework(s), the modder's currently sick, to boot. To tide you over, use URM to sleuth relationship changes, use this to stay on the harem route and the rather cryptic information herein to get the maximum out of investigating Lily. (Basically siding with Sofia at the start of chapter six – despite your spidey sense tingling, mind – to speak up in Sharp's office afterwards, telling Lily that you believe her to be innocent…ish.) Hope this helps!

Reactions: Soulafein

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I downloaded the game, and then the mod just now, but I get this error when I click on the 'notepad' in the top left corner:
<snip/>
Don't know if your issue still persists, but MonsterEye changed a variable name in the script, the old one of which is still referred to by your save. You can either fix this by loading a save from before the ritual with Keiris, or by altering the value stored inside arrayNina. Either load up URM for this (don't forget to save afterwards) or drop the following code into an rpy file (name doesn't matter) inside the game's 'game' directory:
Python:
label after_load:
    if hasattr(store, "arrayNina"):
        $ i = len(arrayNina) -1
        while i >= 0:
            if arrayNina[i] == "[arrayNina07_sc_14!t]":
                $ arrayNina[i] = "[arrayNina07_14!t]"
            $ i -= 1
You can drop the above file safely once all offending saves have been updated (as in saved afterwards). Hope this helps!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aurelius Ambrosius

KoDiNi

Feb 17, 2018
I have a problem immediately after starting the game (I copied the mod files to the right directory) the following window appears:
Снимок экрана 2024-10-09 154011.png

The difference between the mod and the game in version 8.11 versus 8.13