darklink5222

Jul 16, 2017
Seems this newest update, maybe the last one, made it so all the mods involving combat crashed the game.

Which is sad, because there's some great stuff that I can't read anymore. Guess I'll wait for the next update.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
did they add more scenes in the game or is it still mostly
text?
It's still text with occasional illustrations for the majority of it. But the text is well written and the still images of are good quality. I believe that's been the creator's design choice from the beginning, and so it will continue as such.

Reactions: L30

Bytespace

Nov 29, 2020
Seems this newest update, maybe the last one, made it so all the mods involving combat crashed the game.

Which is sad, because there's some great stuff that I can't read anymore. Guess I'll wait for the next update.
The next update will not fix the mods as far as we know, as this mod-breaking has been the result of a change that the Dev has been planning to do for a while and will probably not change anymore.

You should rather watch out for the hotfixes of the mods themselves!

A few mods have already been hotfixed, I don't know if the wiki has this information, but the official MGD Discord should have the newest versions of the mods uploaded in the mods channel.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Not so much new content, still nice to see that one of my favourite games are getting updated nonetheless :)
Keep up the good work!

shakey2

Mar 6, 2018
It's always a good day when I see this game in the latest updates. Especially when I realize I've missed a bunch of updates and have a bunch of new content to peruse. Now to figure out where to find this Rosaura character...

Yay its a bunch of new venefica content, my 2nd favorite character.

Last edited:

Keyen

Nov 7, 2017
Ok, just discovered the game today, and looks good. Just a few questions on what I should be expecting:
-Is time important (are you on a timer, or is time important, or something?)
-Can you miss stuff (due to time or choices)?
-Are you supposed to do multiple playthroughs, or can you do more or less everything with one character?
-Can you reset stats or something if you think you messed up your character?

Bytespace

Nov 29, 2020
Ok, just discovered the game today, and looks good. Just a few questions on what I should be expecting:
-Are you supposed to do multiple playthroughs, or can you do more or less everything with one character?
-You are not on a timer and afaik it's not important for anything atm

-I think you can miss some stuff atm, one relationship with one character can apparently not be progressed after certain choices (at least I read that in the wiki some time ago), but the game also has an autosave before every choice feature so as long as you notice it right afterwards you can just load that. Also, the wiki should have 'walktroughs' for every character that has some sort of relationship feature.

-You can do everything with one character

-With enough story progression, yes

shakey2

Mar 6, 2018
only in relation to monstergirls getting buffed at night and a newer event thats only available at night.
Not that I know of, most stuff is designed to be repeatable
as of right now you should be able to do everything in 1 playthrough. afaik there is no mutual exclusivity
Elena the guild master has a respec option

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
v23.5b is now out for bug fixes, system/modder things, Selena art, and a few other things!
still no elly/venefica quest finale and no labyrinth...

also

The next update will not fix the mods as far as we know, as this mod-breaking has been the result of a change that the Dev has been planning to do for a while and will probably not change anymore.

You should rather watch out for the hotfixes of the mods themselves!

A few mods have already been hotfixed, I don't know if the wiki has this information, but the official MGD Discord should have the newest versions of the mods uploaded in the mods channel.
that's just sad...

also
It doesn't feel right, it's a turn-based combat, and a fast character getting several turns in succession, sure, but infinite turns?
In Feng's case, it's an issue when you're strong enough to keep making the dodges, if you're weak you just fail and get hit.
the dodging is your turn of action you got a choice what to to on your turn:WeSmart:
you can't do much else when a bitch comes flying at you:sneaky:
just man up and catch that butt then spank her ass and pull the fluffy tail:p

Last edited:

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Ah, cool. I didn't think it felt right.

I also had a couple of ideas for inventory enhancements it might be nice to see, the first being an option to sort the inventory instead of the items being in the order you picked them up, it gets a bit confusing if you have multiple saves and the items are in a different order. The second would be an auto-sell button, to quickly get rid of useless items like elf herbs or alraune nectar, runes you have more than three of or accessories you have more than one of.
I would not classify Elven Herbs and Alraune Nectar as useless given you need those items for recipe quests to unlock the specific meal perks. Their usefulness may currently diminish after completing those quests but they do serve a purpose, helping establish a relationship with Belle as well as opening up useful perks. Belle's Deluxe Spice Burger requires Elven Herbs and rewards a fairly potent perk after all. Additionally, Silver Runes are useful to have more than three of since takes those as payment for some of her specific services such as upgrading your sex toys. Said upgrades are represented by perks with the general upgrade requiring 1 Silver Rune as payment and the fine-tuned upgrade requiring 3 Silver Runes as payment.

So auto-sell would be a nice QoL feature, but it could cause problems and hinder quests without the ability to fine-tune it and say include or exclude items from the quick sell/vendor trash category. Either way, implementing something like this could be something for the future, but is likely not in the cards at the moment given the remaining work on Elly and Venefica's quest as well as the need to start moving the main story forward once again given how long it has been since the story has moved forward and the Labyrinth is awaiting creation and implementation.

Just wanted to shed a little more light on the subject and point out that those items are not truly useless, Master of Puppets.

Hey there folks, need abit of help with something, did abit of a mess up and ended up losing all my save files so looks like i'm going to start from scratch, question being:
Anyone got any suggestions for making a quick build to beat the game? i would really appreciate it, feel free to go into detail, it's been ages since i've played a new game lol.
Hey NODOGAN, long time no see and apologies for the late reply, work is quite hectic lately. I have an updated version of my cheat start save that I'll attach to this post if you're interested and would like to save some time diving back into the game. The name is Hero though, so you'll need to activate the and use

Code:
 player.name = "Hero"
with Hero replaced with your name of choice, just be certain to retain the quotation marks. As for which builds are viable, the stats are far more equal now. Luck is still a support stat and Willpower is now support as well as its magical offense has been split off and turned into Intelligence. Technique is still the all-rounder physical offensive stat able to target any body part weakness an enemy may have and Allure still has incredible damage potential. Now that Allure can help with Temptation checks, Technique and Allure is probably the strongest build and can cover just about anything except for weaknesses to Magic. Technique and Intelligence is similar to the old Technique and Willpower builds, just not quite as solid defensively given that Willpower retained those defenses. Intelligence can also help with Temptation checks, so Intelligence will still offer some defenses. So if you wanted to have the best two-offensive stat builds, those are it.

Of course, you could always add in either Willpower or Luck as a third stat with the former providing more defenses, further bolstering your rolls on Temptation checks, and even a few skills while the latter can still help with succeeding with all stat checks while also increasing how much treasure and loot you can find which can help with say Belle's fetch quests for new meal recipes or farming for Silver Runes to pay for Amber's sex toy upgrades.

I do hope that you find this helpful, NODOGAN.

I hate to say this, but I think the update just busted all the mods. Well, it busted a mod or two - maybe all of them. When you update your save in town you can't interact with the church, the adventurers guild, the inn or anything. All you can do is go inside one of these places and then select the option to leave - you honestly can't do anything in the town anymore. I dunno, maybe I did something wrong. I'll try uninstalling all the mods and then try installing them one at a time to see which one is at fault.

Edit: The Beach mod is broken to hell. It causes those white screen error messages and for all the locations in town to only have the option to 'Leave'. GorgonGarden is experiencing the same problems. So is Ilveria. IzebelsMansion, MariTheButterfly, NightGauntsLair, Waifupocalypse, Wonderland... All of those are broken. However, Oneiros and Pale Priestess still work. I don't know if this information will help those mod owners out or not, maybe they can figure out the problem based on what does and doesn't work.

Bytespace is correct in that this update broke all mods due to recent internal changes that are improvements in the long-term. So future updates to MGD will not restore the functionality of the mods. So far, , , , , , , , , and have been updated. The page of the wiki should also be appropriately updated and include all functional mods in the correct category. While it may be inconvenient to have to replace all of the mods with new and updated files, this is a positive change for the health of the game.

I do hope that you find this informative, Link_Xp4444 and darklink5222.

did they add more scenes in the game or is it still mostly
text?
Madfoole is correct in that this title is largely still text-based. The vast majority of the characters in game now have their artwork with Beris the Hellhound, Stella the Bag Mimic, Tabitha the Batgirl, and the Bubble Slime who's name we do not know being the only characters without artwork at this point in time. One of the upcoming Guardians for the Labyrinth, Ushris, the third sister and smuggest of the four, will arrive with her artwork as it can already be previewed on Patreon. Most of the major locations have background CGs as well as the Town, Mystic Forest, Mountain, and the Caverns all have their backgrounds. Individual locations in the Town as well as the Forest Dungeon and Will-Power Temple currently still have their old placeholder backgrounds but the art is steadily coming together.

While not true erotic CGs, Kotone does have some samples such as your new role as her sandals that you can enjoy. Then of course, Sofia and Vivian have their VFX as well. The priority for artwork has and will continue to be character sprites, backgrounds, and then finally erotic CGs. But for the latter, I wouldn't really expect a great deal of CGs, perhaps one or two per a character with exceptions for major characters like Sofia or Kotone. Even then, I still recommend this title as it is quite enjoyable.

While this may be disappointing, I do hope that this answers your question, PRINCE2126.

Bytespace and shakey2 have already answered this, and thank you very much for that, but I'll attempt to elaborate.

Right now, you do not have to worry about time at all beyond the increased dangers of adventuring at night as many enemies are strengthened at night but they also have higher rewards as a result. There are a few perks that can be obtained that will wear off with time and currently one relationship route that requires building up an addiction, Manticore Venom in this case, with said addiction slowly ticking down as time passes until you have established a relationship and obtained the related perk to lock it in. Additionally, some NPCs like the Manticore can only be found while adventuring during the day while others can only be encountered at the Inn's bar at night for now. You can also find the Manticore at the Inn during the night as she does make use of its services on occasion.

You can miss a handful of content due to choices. Perpetua does not have any repeatable content at the moment, so defeating her or experiencing her loss scenes can only be viewed once per a playthrough for now. Similarly, the Black Knight currently has only one non-repeatable encounter. For other special one-off scenes, during your very first fight with Feng, you can view a sweet and wholesome scene by using Holy Headpat on her. It only works during the very first fight and will not fire during later fights, so it can be missed. There is also a potentially funny scene, depending on your sense of humor, with Minoni the Minotaur suffering an unfortunate event if you decide to ignore her and proceed through the Power trials in the Will-Power Temple without trying to talk with her.

Additionally, you can lock yourself out of characters depending on your choices. You can break the heart of some characters and that will essentially remove them from the game. Jora (Hint: Do not accuse her of a misdeed she actually did not do despite how the situation looks) and Mika (Hint: Do not sell a precious gift she gave you that has an enchantment that allows her to know where you're at and can come to help you if necessary) stand out here for having heart-wrenching scenes while Ancilla is another character who you can become locked out of through a combination of cruelty, being utterly depraved and viewing MGs as nothing but outlets for your lusts rather than as people, and otherwise being a terrible individual. So, be nice unless you want to lose access to content and potentially face the consequences later on if the joke ending of the enchantment doing Mika a solid and allowing her to kick you in the groin full force for being a jerk comes to pass.

Currently, there does not appear to be any exclusive content or routes that lock you out of content based on your choices with the exception of you doing something to cause a character to want nothing to do with you and locking yourself out of their content. There could be some variance later on for end-stage content for some characters like how whether or not you are Sofia's pet could impact any relationship content you may be able to unlock with her after all of her fights are implemented, but there is nothing definitive yet.

There is a respec service offered by the Guild in Town once you clear the Will-Power Temple. It will become more expensive with each usage, so I would not recommend using it frivolously, but it is a useful service and you can always save beforehand, try out a build, and then reload and try out another while you fine-tune character.

I do hope that this is an adequate response to all of your questions, Keyen.

No real update news yet other than development should move on to attempting to finish Venefica and Elly's questline which will likely be followed by another road of bugfixes before moving on to the Labyrinth. That said, for those who would like or want MEGA links to download from, here are the MEGA mirrors for the latest build:

MGD 23.5b PC:

MGD 23.5b Mac:

MGD 23.5b Android:

As for those interested in modding, as I noted above, this update made internal changes that broke almost all of the mods. , , , , , , , , and have been updated and are functional once again. The page of the wiki should also be updated to reflect these changes.

I do hope that everyone interested in these links and/or modding find this at least a little useful.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I would not classify Elven Herbs and Alraune Nectar as useless given you need those items for recipe quests to unlock the specific meal perks. Their usefulness may currently diminish after completing those quests but they do serve a purpose, helping establish a relationship with Belle as well as opening up useful perks. Belle's Deluxe Spice Burger requires Elven Herbs and rewards a fairly potent perk after all. Additionally, Silver Runes are useful to have more than three of since takes those as payment for some of her specific services such as upgrading your sex toys. Said upgrades are represented by perks with the general upgrade requiring 1 Silver Rune as payment and the fine-tuned upgrade requiring 3 Silver Runes as payment.
Looks like I've been missing some areas of the game, I haven't seen quests from Belle or anything really from Amber. Maybe as an intermediate thing a 'sell all' button when you go to sell things would be a quicker and easier thing to implement? Currently there is a lot of clicking to sell an entire stack of items, a button on the sell popup to simply fill the quantity to the number we have would help a lot.

Gooblygoop

Jun 2, 2017
After implementing a series of mods (much love for the mod community) I end up getting an error message at the start of the game. If i click ignore, it takes me into the game, however, I then become unable to access any of the town features, cant even use the Inn to recover. Seeing this, I removed all the mods and readded them one by one until i found the "problem child." After a long process of adding, starting up game, moving a round and closing, I found out that was the one causing the game error. I dont believe this mod is complete or fully made enough for a stable release. (giggity)

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Getting errors on startup, and I don't have Izabel's Mansion. Just DL'ed the stable updated mods I believe.

Last edited:

Bytespace

Nov 29, 2020
Getting errors on startup, and I don't have Izabel's Mansion. Just DL'ed the stable updated mods I believe.
That error is still caused by mods. Try this:

Put an _ in front of every mod folder's name (this excludes them from the game). There's an "_ExampleMod" in your mod folder that's already excluded, so use that for reference (don't remove the _ there though, it'll also crash the game on startup)

Remove the _ for 1 mod, start the game. If it crashes, put the _ back, if not, don't put it back.
Repeat for all the mods.
This way, you can identify which mods are already fixed and which aren't.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Yes I'm familiar with that method to cancel the mod in the folder and troubleshoot; however I DL'ed the mods that were (I believe) already updated for this error according to what L30 posted.

Bytespace

Nov 29, 2020
Yes I'm familiar with that method to cancel the mod in the folder and troubleshoot; however I DL'ed the mods that were (I believe) already updated for this error according to what L30 posted.
Well if you DL'ed the the hotfixes and don't have any other mods installed that could cause the problem then I don't really know any solution either, sorry to say

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Just discovered the mods and it was a pleasant surprise to find. Some of them are really well made.

On another topic, do we know what are all the upcoming locations ?

I suppose that the next one is the labyrinth located in the purple miasma on the map ?

Then we possibly have the pyramid and dark tower ?

Or do we know more locations ?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I was wondering, how important is updating saves in the menu for new versions? If I forget to do it will it fuck my game up?

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes