FeLisk

Oct 17, 2017
Welp I guess I made it
It was a good one, really good one
Although there were some rough moments and performance issues

I'm not going to b*tching about anything for the fact that this game is totally FREE but if someone interested in critique there it goes

- Performance
I don't really know why, I even pressed F3 and changed settings to "powersafe", but game sometimes spikes from stable 60 fps to 3 and freezes all the time I checking Items and in battles with many enemies

- Interface
Item menu and other menus are just plain awkward
It gets worse when you get more and more items + with performance issues it's just oof!
Imagine scrolling every item you have to finally get to some Ugli or Anaph potion you just happen to buy AFTER you're completely run out of its stock with 3 fps

- Text
After some time I got really tired of reading such escalations of describing every tiny detail around that I cant see with my eyes using the existing character sprites
I mean it's not a bad thing to try and describe everything but when it becomes really unimportant and already surreal enough, then tons of texts before your eyes will just leave you exausted with lack of emotional impact
At some point of the game I just start skipping like half of the text and I lost nothing at all
And I'm experienced reader, I know that sometimes you can skip text without consequences but some other people may just drop it after sensing a lack of interest
So I recommend being more short unless it's something really important

- Pictures
Welp, yep
Lack of pictures of the surroundings
I hope author find a good artist aaand I really appreciate that he didn't use some free pictures from free library or at least it seems so

Well that will cover the critique part, now time for praising

+ Story
The story seems more or less original, with enough of everything in it
It doesn't look like a casual fairytale, MC and other characters have their motivs with enough surrealism and comedy in it
So it's just good (and not finished)

+ Characters
Characters have their personality and behavior
They really let you immerse yourself in the game world, not fully tho
But that goes mostly to BF (battle fuck) game genre
There is much of "slice of life" part, sometimes you can feel their feelings and sympathize with them
Some of girls may be really dear to you
But nothing of too much deep here, at least for now

+ MC system and battle system
I guess I'll just say that it's comfortable
There are some interface and performance issues, but I've criticized it before
Despite that, it works smoothly enough and entertaining for BF game

+ Music
I love the music choices here
It sets the right tone and atmosphere through game
Though sometimes it feels kinda out of place, but that's rare (like the sad Caverns tune)
I guess it will be improved later and be even better

+ Art work
It's gorgeous
Every character looks uniq
I can't say that every appearance is my slice of pie (some of them even terrify me), but it's good
Never I imagined that a bat girl can be such a thrill...
Yeah, Tabitha definitely my type

I think that's enough
Could talk more about it, but not here
Anyway
Thanks for the game
And I wish you continued success in your progress

Last edited:

spotmark8

Feb 6, 2018
just overlevel yourslef like i did when i was getting to capital i was 178 and both Perpetua and the coated imp looked at me like really n*gga i'm also playing on hardest mode and tbf whole time i was playing it so safe that i haven't entered church other way then through main gate (yes i haven't been beated once and if i was beated i just loaded last save to keep it clean tho idk if it's right way to do since i have no idea if there are some events that can only happen when you get defeated)
Right but my point is this is the only battle that is a total game over, kick the title screen... No other boss fight does this and if you make the mistake I did and save at any point past the deciding to go the capital you are fucked and you are soft-locked in this game over loop...

either warn me hey this fight is a massive event its advised not to save during the build up to the next fight so that when you kick me to the game over I can reload my save in a safe place OR kick me to the town like EVERY other boss fight does before her...

Its a simple fix to a save losing gameover loop...

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Right but my point is this is the only battle that is a total game over, kick the title screen... No other boss fight does this and if you make the mistake I did and save at any point past the deciding to go the capital you are fucked and you are soft-locked in this game over loop...

either warn me hey this fight is a massive event its advised not to save during the build up to the next fight so that when you kick me to the game over I can reload my save in a safe place OR kick me to the town like EVERY other boss fight does before her...

Ohh... So you use your main save to save in-battle... Sorry, buddy, but I guess you learned the lesson the hard way. If you don't mind cheating, you can temporarily mod your save, save again after the fight, and mod back such save to its original values. Otherwise, you're doomed to start all over again.

Reactions: triplebrc and lnppo

YamiAi

Sep 14, 2021
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, the rest of the mods I have work, but any time I try to install this the game crashes. This is the error code:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 412, in script call
    call loadDatabase from _call_loadDatabase_2
  File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 20, in script
    python:
  File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 624, in <module>
    blankLayer.StartOn = int(contents["StartOn"])
KeyError: u'StartOn'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 412, in script call
    call loadDatabase from _call_loadDatabase_2
  File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 20, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 624, in <module>
    blankLayer.StartOn = int(contents["StartOn"])
KeyError: u'StartOn'

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v25.5a
Mon Sep  4 13:27:31 2023
It happens immediately after loading the mod, so if I restart the game then it crashes on startup.
One other person has reported this error too. It doesn't occur in ver 25.2 and earlier of the main game. No idea why it happens in the latest releases of the main game. Seems to be nothing in the changelogs that would break the mod.

FeLisk

Oct 17, 2017

Ohh... So you use your main save to save in-battle... Sorry, buddy, but I guess you learned the lesson the hard way. If you don't mind cheating, you can temporarily mod your save, save again after the fight, and mod back such save to its original values. Otherwise, you're doomed to start all over again.
Pals, this game has this folder
2023-09-04_23-32-15.png <-- (clickable)
Maybe you'll get lucky
But yea, always make tons of saves if you can, in any game

RobBob17

Mar 18, 2018
Cant remember because I cant really go back and find out but perhaps it does warn not to save? But with this kind of game over sending you right to the title screen rather then the town you would think disabling the save would be a simple solution to avoid this kinda soft locking
I went and checked, you get two entire chances to dip out back to town and save before going to the Capital. First when you meet Perpetua and then again when you meet Rika, who literally warns you to prep your very best before going ahead. Not to mention you can try and check autosaves in case there's one that's not too far back. Besides, you should never ever have only one save. You have how many pages of saves you can use and you only ever use one? Also, the warnings at the top of every patch notes goes as such: "Remember to load your save from the town square." to avoid bugs and shit. Why did you overwrite your town save?

Accounting for all of this, I don't think I can fault the game dev for anything at all.

thow459

Apr 8, 2022
You have how many pages of saves you can use and you only ever use one? Also, the warnings at the top of every patch notes goes as such: "Remember to load your save from the town square." to avoid bugs and shit. Why did you overwrite your town save?

Accounting for all of this, I don't think I can fault the game dev for anything at all.
Literally keeping 2 town square saves. Sometimes you can missclick or brain can just shortcut.

ASERDDERERT

Jun 8, 2019
Nah, the ability to save whenever shouldn't be removed because some people refuse to use more than one save.
Yep. It sucks for him, but it doesn't mean that all other ppl should pay for it. Nor it mean, that only cuz of this dude, dev should cater to him only.

That said. Truth to be told. It was indeed very unexpected when I got game-over over it. :3
So I guess auto-save, just before, would be nice. Or something of that sort.

RyderReliX

Jan 27, 2020
can someone ask dev to fix the skip button function? it's hard searching for stuff you saw and didn't already seen without it to have it easier to progress with some relationships
Also is there more content with Kotone or just growing her sixth tail i was digging in files and found image with 9 tails but idk if it's just not used for now or i'm missing something because i did her whole relationship till earning sixth tail and try to spend some days on doing multiple tries of all possible sex and cuddle options but nothing progressed i even went to Sophia and was really happy finding out that she still takes Kotone as her best friend but this won't change anything in Kotones dialogues sadly so i'm stuck for now and don't know if i'm doing something wrong

JingleB

Formerly 'Junkie Mate'
Sep 22, 2019
Great game! Only discovered is a couple of week ago but been playing it quite a lot since. The Wiki is excellent as well. There's been a few error messages pop up but Ignore jumps past them OK (might be Mod related, not sure).

So far I've had two achievements/scenes that were troublesome (i.e the Wiki didn't help). I couldn't get either of the Holy skills or related conversations with Lilian until I removed the Mods. Not sure which Mod was breaking this, but once I'd progressed past this I could put the mods back in the correct folder.

The one scene I can't access is Vivian's Ass Training. Even with mods disabled, a level of Ass Fetish and most other content complete. I leave my room at night and can't seem to access it.

Any ideas how I can trigger the Ass Training Scene with Vivian?

spotmark8

Feb 6, 2018
Yep. It sucks for him, but it doesn't mean that all other ppl should pay for it. Nor it mean, that only cuz of this dude, dev should cater to him only.

That said. Truth to be told. It was indeed very unexpected when I got game-over over it. :3
So I guess auto-save, just before, would be nice. Or something of that sort.
Didnt say they should cater to me but alright, but like I said this is the first instance of a game over kick to title screen how was I suppose to know if I lost i wouldnt go back to town?

Learned from my mistake nothing more I can do :shrug:

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Note regarding mods for Android in v25.5 (didn't test v25.5a yet): mods using sound effects (and possibly music, I didn't care to try) can still be installed according to the "v25.3a and higher" instructions, but for the time being the "sfx" folder (or whichever sound folder your mod uses) has to be implemented in the same fashion the mod's images folder used to be in v25.1a and lower.

Oct 10, 2021
I want to play a thief sorta build, what would be the recommended set up? I'm thinking using tools from the dom elf shop. Anything else that'd fit?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I want to play a thief sorta build, what would be the recommended set up? I'm thinking using tools from the dom elf shop. Anything else that'd fit?
Technique skills. The Distract skill. Maybe other Allure skills? Plus the escape/evasion/crit perks, and the extra treasure perk. The game isn't really set up for that kind of archetype though.

Oct 10, 2021
I wish there was some technique based skill to boost the damage on the arouse items. Wish the dom elf had a few more toys you could buy from her. Also, there should be a joke about backstabbing a monster girl with a dildo in the butt. Wish the dildo actually did that in game.

Reactions: ThresholdMGD

CRYSISYS

Dec 18, 2022
can you download nude mod like inside the game because i dont know where is the link example 1694253632352.png normal one and i want like this when inside the game help 1694253668592.png

4.60 star(s) 80 Votes