D

Deleted member 224355

It's been a while since I last posted, but I've been eagerly checking for updates, and enjoying them all. For a long time I was looking forward to Shizu finally getting art, and it did not disappoint. Now I'm waiting for Amy to get the same treatment - I really hope she gets fleshed out a bit more.

Also, it's really awesome to see a couple of mods have popped up for the ModLoader I threw together. If there's interest, I might look into putting together a GUI for making mods more easily.

Reactions: L30 and Lewdidimus

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
It's been a while since I last posted, but I've been eagerly checking for updates, and enjoying them all. For a long time I was looking forward to Shizu finally getting art, and it did not disappoint. Now I'm waiting for Amy to get the same treatment - I really hope she gets fleshed out a bit more.

Also, it's really awesome to see a couple of mods have popped up for the ModLoader I threw together. If there's interest, I might look into putting together a GUI for making mods more easily.
I genuinely would consider having a go at a small mod if the modding process was a little easier, so the GUI would be very welcome in my case at least.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Well, there's some good news, bad news, and mixed news with regards to information about the NPC system update. For the good news, the Town NPCs have been converted over to the new system and the old code has been cleaned up and excised. Additionally related systems like the Inn/Brothel and Donations for blessings from Venereae have also been converted to the new system. There has also been other content added such as several fluff scenes for when you go to visit Lillian in the Church, the following is just a sample of one such scene:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As an accompanying part of these changes, working at the Inn/Brothel can also award a small amount of experience if a lewd event happens while working there. In addition to this, Vivian's new art has been implemented. Of course, plenty of new content still needs to be added to the Town's NPCs as of yet and then there will also be new Brothel events such as early teasers and scenes for Mara the Arch-Succubus who will not make a proper introduction until sometime around the Capital, and of course the modified version of Vivian's old art that will be used for Mara will likely still need to be added as well.

Now for the bad news, all progress/affection with Town NPCs is being reset with this update. So for fans of Elena, you'll have to work your way up through her affection again if you want to spend more time with her during one of her drinking sessions at the Inn/Brothel. This also means that building affection may be necessary to see all of the new content rather than just being able to take advantage of progress that was built before this update.

Another unfortunate side effect is that Debt is being reset, so if you have paid any or all of it off before this update, all of that work will be undone and you'll have to start paying off the whole balance once again. In addition to all of this, Church Donations for blessings from Venereae are also being reset, although this one is not purely negative as the previously earned stat bonuses will remain and can be earned again.

Finally, in terms of mixed news, it is possible that this NPC system update may be split into two separate updates due to potential scale. If so, the Church and Inn are likely to be the first two parts of Town to receive new content, at least that was the plan when this was first brought up. So in this case, part 1 of the Town NPC system update will feature the updated mechanics and focus on additions to the Church and Inn while part 2 will expand upon the Guild and Shop's content.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update finds this information at least a little useful.

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
Well, there's some good news, bad news, and mixed news with regards to information about the NPC system update. For the good news, the Town NPCs have been converted over to the new system and the old code has been cleaned up and excised. Additionally related systems like the Inn/Brothel and Donations for blessings from Venereae have also been converted to the new system. There has also been other content added such as several fluff scenes for when you go to visit Lillian in the Church, the following is just a sample of one such scene:

As an accompanying part of these changes, working at the Inn/Brothel can also award a small amount of experience if a lewd event happens while working there. In addition to this, Vivian's new art has been implemented. Of course, plenty of new content still needs to be added to the Town's NPCs as of yet and then there will also be new Brothel events such as early teasers and scenes for Mara the Arch-Succubus who will not make a proper introduction until sometime around the Capital, and of course the modified version of Vivian's old art that will be used for Mara will likely still need to be added as well.

Now for the bad news, all progress/affection with Town NPCs is being reset with this update. So for fans of Elena, you'll have to work your way up through her affection again if you want to spend more time with her during one of her drinking sessions at the Inn/Brothel. This also means that building affection may be necessary to see all of the new content rather than just being able to take advantage of progress that was built before this update.

Another unfortunate side effect is that Debt is being reset, so if you have paid any or all of it off before this update, all of that work will be undone and you'll have to start paying off the whole balance once again. In addition to all of this, Church Donations for blessings from Venereae are also being reset, although this one is not purely negative as the previously earned stat bonuses will remain and can be earned again.

Finally, in terms of mixed news, it is possible that this NPC system update may be split into two separate updates due to potential scale. If so, the Church and Inn are likely to be the first two parts of Town to receive new content, at least that was the plan when this was first brought up. So in this case, part 1 of the Town NPC system update will feature the updated mechanics and focus on additions to the Church and Inn while part 2 will expand upon the Guild and Shop's content.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update finds this information at least a little useful.
Thanks for the warning

Reactions: L30

LanceSmites

Dec 5, 2017
Mantacore and Amy seem to have moves that ENTIRELY ignore Heroic Cumback, effectively screwing you if you're at 1 or 2 spirit and they pop it with high rolls (or you just don't have a lot of hp)

For clarification, the move just seems to not check for Heroic Cumback at all and just ends up doing the damage and taking the spirit point (tested at 51% chance to stay up over a dozen times, all lead to losing the spirit).

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Hey, just a quick question about the first 'real' boss.
Can you beat Sofia when she 'gets serious'? Or is it just impossible to beat her?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Can you beat Sofia when she 'gets serious'? Or is it just impossible to beat her?
The second half of her third fight she's being pretty serious but if you're talking about when she reacts to the demon layer, i doubt it, though it may be technically possible just functionally undoable at the moment.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
It is, it's just hard. You have to pump both your willpower and technique and have a cargo of panaceas to deal with her hypnosis.

Razeluxe

Mar 18, 2018
Man, every time I think about downloading a newer version (the one I have is quite old at this point) I see the planned updates and figure I'll just wait a bit longer. And it just keeps happening.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
The second half of her third fight she's being pretty serious but if you're talking about when she reacts to the demon layer, i doubt it, though it may be technically possible just functionally undoable at the moment.
Thanks, I was talking about the demon layer bit.
Man, every time I think about downloading a newer version (the one I have is quite old at this point) I see the planned updates and figure I'll just wait a bit longer. And it just keeps happening.
I can work with that, any concrete numbers on the willpower and technique?

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I've been toying around with the idea of specific builds in future playthroughs. So far I've gone for an even spread of points, and usually focusing on perks to up my spirit and resistance, as opposed to improving specific types of skills. Anyone got an idea of how good of an idea this is? I'm pretty sure taking resistance points is a waste of perks, but beyond one or two bosses having pain in the ass hypnosis, I haven't run into many walls with my build. (and both those cases were optional and didn't stand in the way of progressing)

Just from a utility standpoint, it seems like 20 or so in each stat is a good idea, to allow you all the skills currently available. But would focusing on a stat, say willpower, and using magic, give you big enough numbers when using said skills to overcome enemies that would normally just shrug off that skill when used by a generalist?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I've been toying around with the idea of specific builds in future playthroughs. So far I've gone for an even spread of points, and usually focusing on perks to up my spirit and resistance, as opposed to improving specific types of skills. Anyone got an idea of how good of an idea this is? I'm pretty sure taking resistance points is a waste of perks, but beyond one or two bosses having pain in the ass hypnosis, I haven't run into many walls with my build. (and both those cases were optional and didn't stand in the way of progressing)

Just from a utility standpoint, it seems like 20 or so in each stat is a good idea, to allow you all the skills currently available. But would focusing on a stat, say willpower, and using magic, give you big enough numbers when using said skills to overcome enemies that would normally just shrug off that skill when used by a generalist?
To a degree, yes. i generally go for a jack of all trades till late game then hose the points into will + tech because i know that's what end game content currently needs, this mix and adapt approach has seen me right so far, however i fave also gone for a power main build before as well and it is harder in general but it can have benefits against enemies with no clear weakness like the salarians, when you can't play the opponents's weaknesses you can play your strengths, that does mean certain fights are far harder especially if they happen to prevent certain actions, such as no penetration being viable on some girls.

Personally i would actually advise someone to pick a "main" stat, just don't let the others fall too far behind, you can't get away with min/maxing IMO, at least not yet, rather pick a stat of choice and build around it, rather than just it.

Redhawk

Aug 13, 2017
Quick question, but how do I evolve Kotone's hypno slave to hypno lover ? I did everything she asked, got the sex scene after beating the 2 onis but for some reason I still have it ? And at no point did it tell me to change.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
You first need to have talked with her about everything concerning her. That includes with Minoni about the Eromanga she is reading and with Feng about her Master so you can talk about those and not forget the candle in her hypnoroom.
Then you should be able to talk about her first love and after you speak about your releationship, you should be able to do some trustbuilding tailpetting. After you reached there the last step you can speak with her about releationship again where she changes the condition.

Redhawk

Aug 13, 2017
You first need to have talked with her about everything concerning her. That includes with Minoni about the Eromanga she is reading and with Feng about her Master so you can talk about those and not forget the candle in her hypnoroom.
Then you should be able to talk about her first love and after you speak about your releationship, you should be able to do some trustbuilding tailpetting. After you reached there the last step you can speak with her about releationship again where she changes the condition.
ah, alright thanks.

Reactions: Konstantinus

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Well, either after the NPC system series of updates is complete, so you don't have to worry about losing progress with your debt or the Town NPCs, or after the next update that will have balance changes would be an excellent point to jump back into the game and experience all of the new content.

Just a little food for thought that I hope you find helpful, Razeluxe.

Now for those who are interested, here is the current news on the status of the NPC system update. Firstly, the NPC system update is being split in half, the first half of the update will include the actual system overhaul along with the updates and expansions to content in the Church and the Inn. The second half of the update will feature content expansions in the Guild and the Store, so more Elena, Elly, and Amber, along with the implementation of the Day/Night system.

Given that this will include spoilers of varying degrees, for those who want a heads up of what to expect in this first part of the NPC update, just open the following spoiler:

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds it at least a little helpful. Also, thank you to everyone for answering the recent questions here, life has been a little busy lately.

EDIT: One final piece of information, Threshold is aiming to have the first half of the NPC System update ready around the end of the week. So, one more thing to look forward to around this weekend or early next week, depending on if any issues occur or notable bugs are found during testing.

Last edited:

Rapahel

Aug 6, 2017
Well, either after the NPC system series of updates is complete, so you don't have to worry about losing progress with your debt or the Town NPCs, or after the next update that will have balance changes would be an excellent point to jump back into the game and experience all of the new content.

Just a little food for thought that I hope you find helpful, Razeluxe.

Now for those who are interested, here is the current news on the status of the NPC system update. Firstly, the NPC system update is being split in half, the first half of the update will include the actual system overhaul along with the updates and expansions to content in the Church and the Inn. The second half of the update will feature content expansions in the Guild and the Store, so more Elena, Elly, and Amber, along with the implementation of the Day/Night system.

Given that this will include spoilers of varying degrees, for those who want a heads up of what to expect in this first part of the NPC update, just open the following spoiler:

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds it at least a little helpful. Also, thank you to everyone for answering the recent questions here, life has been a little busy lately.

EDIT: One final piece of information, Threshold is aiming to have the first half of the NPC System update ready around the end of the week. So, one more thing to look forward to around this weekend or early next week, depending on if any issues occur or notable bugs are found during testing.
Is this update gonna drop at the start of the month?

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes