Mar 22, 2023
I guess you are right, the story is less important and much "lower stakes" than in mgq, but my experience with this one is as close as it gets to my initial experience with hgames 6 years ago which was mgq.
Personally, I think the game is closest to Desire Dungeon.

A game where you go into a dungeon and go forward while random events happen.
Switch game sexually with an emphasis on the maledom as the "true" route. Most of the romance scenes in the game being maledom. Loss scenes usually not increasing affection.

Basically no plot.

Guess you could say it's a mix at the end of the day, cause Desire Dungeon only had one locale.

===

Btw, what I said was basically no plot.
That is not the same as lower stakes.

I've played a ton of low stakes games with really nice thematic throughlines and concepts that made me invested in the narrative. Having stakes and having a good plot aren't the same.

Dietra.Gaskell

Oct 14, 2021
Is "Enduring Body", the Power perk that reduces crit chance of attacks on you by 10%, supposed to have CritChanceBoostSelf +10 in its .json file? The _ListOfPerkTypes documentation says CritChanceBoostSelf "alters the chance to crit the OWNER of the perk. (higher more damage)".

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I've played a ton of low stakes games with really nice thematic throughlines and concepts that made me invested in the narrative. Having stakes and having a good plot aren't the same.
Would you say having a theme is necessary for a good plot? Lots of stories out there just feels like a series of events.

Mar 22, 2023
Would you say having a theme is necessary for a good plot? Lots of stories out there just feels like a series of events.
Hmm... that's a good point. I think it helps, but it's not necessary.
As a former fiction writer I would say that a theme is not necessary for a good plot, BUT it helps pull a plot together, in both the author's and readers' (players') minds.
Yeah what you said.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes