Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Thicc
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Thread Rule #1 violation: off-topic
Keep it on topic. If you wish to discuss whether your Computer extracts an archive differently, create an off-topic thread or send a PM.

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo and Exocrine

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Thread Rule #1 violation: off-topic Keep it on topic. If you wish to discuss whether your Computer extracts an archive differently, create an off-topic thread or send a PM.
It was actually a comment about path-based errors in a comment chain about possible causes for errors. Not how computers extract archives.

But whatever. I'll move on. My follow up was definitely too hostile. Nothing pisses me off quite as much as people making generalizations from anecdotes.

Reactions: JungleNuts

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Thicc
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
It was actually a comment about path-based errors in a comment chain about possible causes for errors. Not how computers extract archives.

But whatever. I'll move on. My follow up was definitely too hostile. Nothing pisses me off quite as much as people making generalizations from anecdotes.
To be clear, it's not specifically about your comment, but the series of comments in general. If the conversation gets derailed, then we will typically remove all from the "chain", so that we're removing the desire for someone else to start another conversation point on it.

Any further issues, DM me.

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
It's a joke ability. A few characters have special interactions with it, but using it in battle is never going to be a smart move.
Special interactions I know of:
- Feng (First fight) can be entirely skipped. Subsequent fights you can skip the first phase.
- Sofia instantly forces you to lose, pretty sure
- Venefica apparently has an interaction if you win by using it as the final hit against her "wild form" or whatever it's called but I'm not sure
- One of the hellhound chicks, the one that has a big hat, has an interaction with it that I don't remember
Ceris also gets "stunned" the first time you use it on her in any labyrinth run and tells you that you can run away if you want to.
I dunno if Sofia counts since she takes offence to being hit with any kind of holy damage.

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
To be clear, it's not specifically about your comment, but the series of comments in general. If the conversation gets derailed, then we will typically remove all from the "chain", so that we're removing the desire for someone else to start another conversation point on it.

Any further issues, DM me.
I should accept my fair share of responsibility for the thread in question as an active participant in it. My apologies. also, to ccccccccccc, no probs brah. We're all friends here.

May 14, 2020
It's a joke ability. A few characters have special interactions with it, but using it in battle is never going to be a smart move.
Special interactions I know of:
- Feng (First fight) can be entirely skipped. Subsequent fights you can skip the first phase.
- Sofia instantly forces you to lose, pretty sure
- Venefica apparently has an interaction if you win by using it as the final hit against her "wild form" or whatever it's called but I'm not sure
- One of the hellhound chicks, the one that has a big hat, has an interaction with it that I don't remember
You also unlock a new cuddle scene with Gren (the frog girl) if you use it against her, there were others but I don't remember

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HumanRug

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Thread Rule #1 violation: off-topic Keep it on topic. If you wish to discuss whether your Computer extracts an archive differently, create an off-topic thread or send a PM.
I'm actually very amazed that THAT is the number one thread rule instead of something more important... Well, actually, something important at all.

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
I'm actually very amazed that THAT is the number one thread rule instead of something more important... Well, actually, something important at all.
You and me both, brother. If I had a dollar for every such violation I've seen in threads on this website, I'd be filthy stinkin' rich. BUT I took responsibility for what was my own misdeed because we should all strive to make this space fair and free for all.

Umbral Knight

Aug 12, 2019
Are the difficulty settings purely for difficulties sake or is there any hidden additional rewards for playing on hard mode?

Upsetdark

Oct 21, 2023
Are the difficulty settings purely for difficulties sake or is there any hidden additional rewards for playing on hard mode?
The only reward for picking a harder difficulty is you get to experience more loss scenes. I'm pretty sure it also only affects your starting stat spread i don't think it actually makes the enemies more powerful.

Piston Honda

Jan 19, 2022
I'm pretty sure it also only affects your starting stat spread i don't think it actually makes the enemies more powerful.
A month ago you would have been correct. The 25.9 update added many changes to Easy and Hard difficulty.
Still no hidden rewards for doing Hard mode, but some of us like a bit of challenge in our games.

From the patch notes:
**Hard Mode Difficulty Tweaks**
* Monsters no longer give you a grace period for stance moves, meaning group fights can lead to you getting swarmed much more rapidly.
* Using an escape skill now only gives you a grace period for the remainder of the turn instead of 2 turns.
* When charmed, escape skills have their odds cut down by 75% instead of 50%.
* When charmed, temptation checks have their difficulty increased by 5 instead of 1.
* Sleep drains 25% more energy from the player. * Energy costs to auto pass failed checks is increased by 25%.
* The minimum possible cost to auto pass a check is 25 instead of 10.

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
Huh, it's been almost 3 years since I reviewed this game and it still isn't finished yet?
This game has almost been in development for 7 years total now and is largely text last I recall, so that's a definite shame.

peanut666666

Jan 2, 2018
I do not know anything about the developer of this game, so I can't say whether it applies in this situation or not- But it isn't uncommon for developers to intentionally slow down or halt production of their game to keep bringing in monthly cash though platforms like Patreon.

However, at the end of the day, what I do know is that:
I did not pay for this game.
I am enjoying this game. And
I will eagerly await any updates to it.

Of course it would be preferable to have more game to play, but that would just be like additional good stuff, on top of the good stuff that already exists. If that makes any sense.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Anywho, I got a tier list to get us back on discussing the good girls.
The only ones I agree with are Feng, Beris, Jora, Elena, Nova, Iabel, Salarisi, Ghost, Matangos and the Dark Knight. But for an Android player who thinks making tiers is too time-consuming and difficult to get the hang of, I'm lazy as fuck as to even gather the images, so I won't be posting my tier anytime soon. I don't include Lucille because I can't judge without art.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Umbral Knight
4.60 star(s) 82 Votes