grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Great job on getting this Windows 7 compatible. I can confirm it works (though it appears it's being polished for release in a few days so be patient my Windows 7 brothers).

I just played the current version I was given to completion (telling step sister about farmer), and have 1 question and 1 recommendation. The question: Are those H scenes and events unlockable yet? Do I just need to level my girls in order to get them? The recommendation: I would consider shortening the length of the "Battle!" animation that plays at the beginning of each battle. 5 seconds each time might drain some players patience, especially in the long run over what I imagine will eventually be hundreds of battles.

Anyway, great start. I'm looking forward to more.

Nebulix

Mar 28, 2018
Great job on getting this Windows 7 compatible. I can confirm it works (though it appears it's being polished for release in a few days so be patient my Windows 7 brothers).

I just played the current version I was given to completion (telling step sister about farmer), and have 1 question and 1 recommendation. The question: Are those H scenes and events unlockable yet? Do I just need to level my girls in order to get them? The recommendation: I would consider shortening the length of the "Battle!" animation that plays at the beginning of each battle. 5 seconds each time might drain some players patience, especially in the long run over what I imagine will eventually be hundreds of battles.

Anyway, great start. I'm looking forward to more.
I can answer the question. Yes, they're unlockable now. Try increasing the monsters love :)

Reactions: grgrgr5

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
This is why I will 0.1.0, 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 will have all dropped within one week of each other. I needed testing and feedback so all the comments are very much appreciated. I will take a look into everything mentioned and they should be resolved by the time 0.1.2 drops Friday.

By the time we get to 0.1.5 all the necessary balancing, nit picky things, small bugs, and odd bits should be nearly smoothed out. Goal is 1 release per week for the first month before I get to the heavier updates with much more content.

We will get there folks so stay tuned.

Reactions: Antoris

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Great game, really enjoyed it.
Although you have mentioned in the game that the girls will not replenish their health after battles which will make getting to the southern town a nightmare.
Other than that, I am looking forward to more girls. Will there be character development for the monster girls too or am I looking too much into it?
On the question of character development for monsters, it's yes to a degree. Use the talk button. For now they are random one liners about how they feel at the moment (think fallout 4 companion) and change as love levels go up. Each level has multiple one liners, too. It might change in the future to be more of a conversation, though.

Basically the goal is to fallout 4 style companion relationship system if you made everyone a half naked monster girl. It's light relationship system, but still there. You will have to spend time working on each monster, but no so much time that you get stuck on just one.

Last edited:

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I've always liked Pokémon-styled games, and this ain't the exception. Character design is very good, and it fits your artstyle very good.

However, I'd work some more on the overworld design. Maybe improve some sprites (tall grass looks... like anything but grass), and give the forest a more natural look.

Gud luck with your game!

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
This is why I will 0.1.0, 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 will have all dropped within one week of each other. I needed testing and feedback so all the comments are very much appreciated. I will take a look into everything mentioned and they should be resolved by the time 0.1.2 drops Friday.

By the time we get to 0.1.5 all the necessary balancing, nit picky things, small bugs, and odd bits should be nearly smoothed out. Goal is 1 release per week for the first month before I get to the heavier updates with much more content.

We will get there folks so stay tuned.
Hearing you talk about nitpicks made me remember a few small things about the feel of the game. These are in no way game breaking bugs or impossible to overlook, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. In there will be a couple of suggestions as well, feel free to either use or ignore them.

Some thoughts:
-when talking to a companion the text speed is set and clicking doesn't show the whole text at once. This feels kinda jarring, because it clashes with how text works for the rest of the game. It also makes people who read faster wait a while before they can read the whole thing and continue with playing.

-combat feels slow right now. An option to speed it up, either from the options menu or by holding shift, would make fighting a bit smoother and grinding less tedious.

-as of right now, there is no benefit to using different skills. The best option for the player is to spam the most damaging move of the current monster girl. Adding things like stat increase/decrease, multi hit, higher crit chance and other bonuses would make the skills actually feel different than just "Skill 1 - deal 7-10 damage" and "Skill 2 - deal 5-7 damage". For example, adding an armor melt component (reduces enemy defense) to the Slime attack, making the kick unlock at a bit higher level for the Cow, giving the mushroom girl more options in terms of skills(the weak attack could give her an attack buff, since even on higher levels her attacks do underwhelming damage) - these would all add flavor to the game and make the player feel like they are making tactical choices on what skill to use. Of course, this is only the first version, so the lack of these details is completely excusable. Just wanted to bring it up for future large content updates.

-since all menu navigation is done with the mouse, having the player be able to open the main menu with a right click instead of pressing "esc" would be nice.

-the player travels a lot. Being able to move faster by pressing the Shift key would make a huge difference. You could even reduce the encounter rate by a bit while they are doing this so that moving between from point A and point B multiple times for a quest doesn't get annoying. This little touch could be hidden from the player, given as a loading screen/NPC tip and is also easily justifiable in-game by saying that the MC runs too fast for some monster to challenge his party to a fight.

-I'm only saying this because a few players have noticed it before me:
+a loop works just fine for the solo monster girl scenes, but being able to control when the player cums by pressing a button would have a better feel to it. Something like this: ("->" represents a button press) looping sex animation -> animations speeds up a bit -> player cums. Still picture stays on screen -> sex loop starts again.
+the grass looks more like a tentacle trap. It might clash with your style a bit, but making it a bit bendy, thinner and sharper will make it look better.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-when capturing a new monster girl you could add a bit of an introduction scene where she introduces herself to the MC, telling him her name(like Nim did, that was a nice touch).

These are just small nitpicks, all in all I quite enjoyed your game. The art is really beautiful, loving the crisp lines with a bit of a cartoonish style, the pace and character development feel smooth for a 0.1 version. I definitely want to see more of Monster Girl Hunt!

P.S.: As a side note, your logo looks absolutely amazing! The sketchy/asymmetrical style of it really fits your studio name :)

Reactions: Antoris

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Hearing you talk about nitpicks made me remember a few small things about the feel of the game. These are in no way game breaking bugs or impossible to overlook, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. In there will be a couple of suggestions as well, feel free to either use or ignore them.

Some thoughts:
-when talking to a companion the text speed is set and clicking doesn't show the whole text at once. This feels kinda jarring, because it clashes with how text works for the rest of the game. It also makes people who read faster wait a while before they can read the whole thing and continue with playing.

-combat feels slow right now. An option to speed it up, either from the options menu or by holding shift, would make fighting a bit smoother and grinding less tedious.

-as of right now, there is no benefit to using different skills. The best option for the player is to spam the most damaging move of the current monster girl. Adding things like stat increase/decrease, multi hit, higher crit chance and other bonuses would make the skills actually feel different than just "Skill 1 - deal 7-10 damage" and "Skill 2 - deal 5-7 damage". For example, adding an armor melt component (reduces enemy defense) to the Slime attack, making the kick unlock at a bit higher level for the Cow, giving the mushroom girl more options in terms of skills(the weak attack could give her an attack buff, since even on higher levels her attacks do underwhelming damage) - these would all add flavor to the game and make the player feel like they are making tactical choices on what skill to use. Of course, this is only the first version, so the lack of these details is completely excusable. Just wanted to bring it up for future large content updates.

-since all menu navigation is done with the mouse, having the player be able to open the main menu with a right click instead of pressing "esc" would be nice.

-the player travels a lot. Being able to move faster by pressing the Shift key would make a huge difference. You could even reduce the encounter rate by a bit while they are doing this so that moving between from point A and point B multiple times for a quest doesn't get annoying. This little touch could be hidden from the player, given as a loading screen/NPC tip and is also easily justifiable in-game by saying that the MC runs too fast for some monster to challenge his party to a fight.

-I'm only saying this because a few players have noticed it before me:
+a loop works just fine for the solo monster girl scenes, but being able to control when the player cums by pressing a button would have a better feel to it. Something like this: ("->" represents a button press) looping sex animation -> animations speeds up a bit -> player cums. Still picture stays on screen -> sex loop starts again.
+the grass looks more like a tentacle trap. It might clash with your style a bit, but making it a bit bendy, thinner and sharper will make it look better.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-when capturing a new monster girl you could add a bit of an introduction scene where she introduces herself to the MC, telling him her name(like Nim did, that was a nice touch).

These are just small nitpicks, all in all I quite enjoyed your game. The art is really beautiful, loving the crisp lines with a bit of a cartoonish style, the pace and character development feel smooth for a 0.1 version. I definitely want to see more of Monster Girl Hunt!

P.S.: As a side note, your logo looks absolutely amazing! The sketchy/asymmetrical style of it really fits your studio name :)
Yeah, there's a lot to do in the next few updates, a lot of which you mentioned.

• The attack thing is just pick the best one for now, a stamina system sometime in the next few updates. You will have to balance stamina drain and regen in battle. Heavy hitting attacks may leave you drained and unable to heal. Also getting a stat readjustment in 0.1.7 so monsters won't be on completely equal footing. Some will be hard hitters with lowered heath and stamina, some will be tanks but slow as hell, some will be fast and always get first hit, etc. And yeah, always having first will change.
  • Combat feels slow. reminded me that I have a few spots of dev code that could be removed to speed things up. Sorry about that. We will see how it feels after I remove that stuff.
  • Shift key to run is actually already in the next update! Took a look at notes, its general speed increase not a run key.
  • If you hit the "Talk" button again it will speed the text up. It's a middle ground solution as the click to advance feature on main conversation uses a full screen transparent panel to detect clicks. Fine if your stuck in conversation, not so much if you want to just click the Events button. Maybe I will revisit that soon.
  • The "Nut when your ready" feature is already planned for release 0.1.5. Not a promise though. This version does an okay job
  • But I like my phallic grass.... Joking aside they over world will change as time goes on, grass may be included in that. Don't take this as sounding pretentious, but art is a process.

As for the introductions, that is a great Idea. I am going to take that into serious consideration. A gold star to you good sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: James Eveleth

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
New version out! Check out the change log!
Those are quite a lot of improvements for such a short time. You even added new scenes! You are the second developer I've seen interact so closely with the community here. Great job!

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Those are quite a lot of improvements for such a short time. You even added new scenes! You are the second developer I've seen interact so closely with the community here. Great job!
Thanks, I appreciate kind words. Felt odd getting into this line of work, but everyone's been super fucking nice. Sure beats optimizing mobile game meshes and textures for indie devs.

MeepMoop123

Nov 1, 2017
Tiny_Devil I would have a couple of questions if you want to answer them.
Are evolution planned later down the line or is it gonna be mainly the breeding thing that was mentioned?
Will there be some kind of rival figur later on or is the sister character supposed to be that?
Are there going to be "Gyms" or something of that nature?

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Tiny_Devil I would have a couple of questions if you want to answer them.
Are evolution planned later down the line or is it gonna be mainly the breeding thing that was mentioned?
Will there be some kind of rival figur later on or is the sister character supposed to be that?
Are there going to be "Gyms" or something of that nature?
No to evolution, monster girls are humanoid, so you start getting into the whole eugenics territory no matter how you look at it and I ain't touching that. Anyways this is an "heavily inspired by" game, not "cloned" game.

Rival is a yes, but until the next story update (very soon) that's about as far as I am going into it. No spoilers here.

I don't think "gyms" is the right way to put it. Lets say regularly placed adversaries that are necessary to beat to continue the game.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
No to evolution, monster girls are humanoid, so you start getting into the whole eugenics territory no matter how you look at it and I ain't touching that. Anyways this is an "heavily inspired by" game, not "cloned" game.

Rival is a yes, but until the next story update (very soon) that's about as far as I am going into it. No spoilers here.

I don't think "gyms" is the right way to put it. Lets say regularly placed adversaries that are necessary to beat to continue the game.
So... Battle-Fuck Brothels instead of Gyms? :sneaky:

Nebulix

Mar 28, 2018
Is the Creep going to be a recurring character? And if so can we maybe have a way to obtain his 'collection'? Think it'd be pretty cool. Maybe battle him, maybe just buy them.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Is the Creep going to be a recurring character? And if so can we maybe have a way to obtain his 'collection'? Think it'd be pretty cool. Maybe battle him, maybe just buy them.
I do plan on having a journal section with unlocked images, so yes you able to collect things like that.

As far as the creep himself, you will just have to wait and see.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Do you have to start a new game in order to find the creep? I am currently using a v 1.0 save.

3.80 star(s) 25 Votes