3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

maidenmasher

Donor
Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for the support everyone. This is still happening, slowly but surely.

In a post in the translation request thread I noticed someone encountered a bug where an event teleported them outside the map. I'll update the www in the OP with one that has that issue fixed. If anyone else has played this and encountered any bugs please let me know and I can fix them.

Reactions: candurryskaz

khp18304

Oct 31, 2019
────────────────██▌─███████▌────────
─────────────────███─██████████▌─────
───────────────▐─███████████████▌────
──────────────▐██████████████████▌───
──────────────▐███████████████████▌──
──────────────▐████████████████████──
──────────────█████████░░░█████████──
─────────────██████░░░▓░░░░▓░░░░███──
────────────▐█████░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░██──
─────────────▐███░░░█████░░░░███░█▌──
─────────────█████░█░░░░░░█▓░░░░█▌───
─────────────█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌───
─────────────█░███░░░░█░░░░░▐▀▌░░▌───
────────▄▄▄──█░░█░░░░░█░░░░░▐▄▌░▓▌───
──────▐█░░░█─█░█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▌───
─────▐█░░░░█─▐▄▌▓░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░▌───
─────▐█░░░░█───▐▓░░░▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░█────
──────▐█░░░█▌───▐▓░░░▐─────▌░░░█▌────
──▄▄▄▄███░░██────▐▓░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░█▌─────
─▐██░░████░░█▄▄───██▓░░░░░░░░█▌──────
▐██▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓█▌─█████░░░░░▓██───────
▐█▓░░░░░░▓░░░░▓▓▌─███████████────────
▐█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░█▓█▄▄█████▓▓██─────────
▐█▓░░░░░▓▓░░░░░░░▓▓▓████▓░███────────
▐█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░█░░▓█▓▄██████░░███▄──────
─▐█░░░░░▓▓░██▀▀▀▀▐██████░▄░███▓▌─────
──▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀──────█████░░▄░░███▓▌────
─────────────────▐█████░░▄░░██▓░▓▌───
─────────────────▐█████░░▄░░███░▓▌───
────────────────▐██████░░▄░░███░░▓▌──
─░░────────────▐███████░░▄░░███▓░▓▌──
░░░░───────────▐███████░░░▄░░░███░▓▌─
░──░──────────────▐████████████▌░░▓▌─
░──░──────────────█████████████▌▓░░▓▌
░──░─────────────▐██████████████░▓░▓▌
░──░─────────────███████████████▓░▓▌─
░──░──────────────▓████████████▌░▓▌──
░──░────────────────█▓█▌──█▓█▌───────
░──░────────────█──██▓█▌─█▓▓█████▓▌──
░──░───────█████████▓█▌─██▓▓███████▌─
░──░──────█████████▓▓▓█▌─████████───█
░░░░─────██───██████▓██▌──███████████
─░░─────██████████████▌───██──█████──
─────────████████──██

thumbs up 1+

safnar27

May 7, 2019
Hey OP any updates? I know you said not to hold our breaths but consider mine held. This game has a lot of art from a few of my favored artists and i cant wait to read there content.

Reactions: candurryskaz

batardsensible

Nov 24, 2019
I do this : Extract to your game folder where the Game exe is and say yes to replacing all. I also *added an option to skip the opening. Note: This function was kind of in the game but it was either scrapped or meant for some kind of new game plus.

But it doesn't work :

Capture.PNG

maidenmasher

Donor
Mar 24, 2019
I do this : Extract to your game folder where the Game exe is and say yes to replacing all. I also *added an option to skip the opening. Note: This function was kind of in the game but it was either scrapped or meant for some kind of new game plus.

But it doesn't work :

View attachment 500394
I couldn't duplicate it, so I'll need to know what version of the game you have. Also, could you go to the game's "www/img/system" folder and see if you have "ButtonSet.rpgmvp" in there. Let me know what the file size for the whole game is as well, my vanilla copy is 1.55GB.

Reactions: batardsensible

batardsensible

Nov 24, 2019
I couldn't duplicate it, so I'll need to know what version of the game you have. Also, could you go to the game's "www/img/system" folder and see if you have "ButtonSet.rpgmvp" in there. Let me know what the file size for the whole game is as well, my vanilla copy is 1.55GB.
Capture.PNG
Yes I have the file, but when I restart, it tells me that another file has a problem. The total size is 1.05 GB. The problem surely comes from there.

maidenmasher

Donor
Mar 24, 2019
View attachment 500749
Yes I have the file, but when I restart, it tells me that another file has a problem. The total size is 1.05 GB. The problem surely comes from there.
That 1.05GB is close to the file size of the demo version available on dlsite, and I did reproduce the error you're getting by applying the patch to the demo version. I should be able to fix that. Thanks for pointing this out.

I've updated the OP to change the instructions for the patch. The game files have to be decrypted.

Last edited:

maidenmasher

Donor
Mar 24, 2019
TLDR; Thanks for the support. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still truckin' along.

Nobody: "So why is it taking so long?"

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support so far, everyone has been really chill and not asking me why it's taking so long. So, I'd like to give some insight into just why it is taking so long.

As the OP now states, I'm doing this out of an interest in translation and not just to translate. This means I spend a lot of time analyzing the text and thinking about what I'm translating words to and why. With that in mind, there are a few guidelines I use in my approach to translation. These are guidelines I've gathered for myself from reading: Clifford E. Lander's book, Literary Translation: A Practical Guide, and Lauren G. Leighton's book, The Art of Translation, itself a translation of Kornei Chukovsky's A High Art.

First, I have to analyze the words to discern the author's style. The last thing I want to do is misrepresent their work by putting it into my own words. I have to think about how they would have written it. So, I have to not only consider the literal definition of a word but also how it gets used. For instance, I thought it was weird that the author was using Chinpo and Penisu but then I realized Chinpo can also be used to refer to the balls, so I have to go back and reexamine some stuff with that in mind. In another instance, there was a part where the author was seemingly saying the same thing twice. This was the first time in over 10 scenes they had done something like that, so it turned out to be a very problematic thing for me to approach. It was actually quite the crisis, but I eventually came to a conclusion.

Second, I have to consider the cultural translations. A translation might make sense and be accurate, but where a Japanese reader would consider something lascivious the American reader may not. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with Japanese culture to put that concept to much use.

There are other details I consider, but with just those two I can find myself thinking about a single phrase for some time. In addition to all that, I get horny af writing this so I can't just work on it any old time.

Aug 24, 2018
TLDR; Thanks for the support. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still truckin' along.

Nobody: "So why is it taking so long?"

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support so far, everyone has been really chill and not asking me why it's taking so long. So, I'd like to give some insight into just why it is taking so long.

As the OP now states, I'm doing this out of an interest in translation and not just to translate. This means I spend a lot of time analyzing the text and thinking about what I'm translating words to and why. With that in mind, there are a few guidelines I use in my approach to translation. These are guidelines I've gathered for myself from reading: Clifford E. Lander's book, Literary Translation: A Practical Guide, and Lauren G. Leighton's book, The Art of Translation, itself a translation of Kornei Chukovsky's A High Art.

First, I have to analyze the words to discern the author's style. The last thing I want to do is misrepresent their work by putting it into my own words. I have to think about how they would have written it. So, I have to not only consider the literal definition of a word but also how it gets used. For instance, I thought it was weird that the author was using Chinpo and Penisu but then I realized Chinpo can also be used to refer to the balls, so I have to go back and reexamine some stuff with that in mind. In another instance, there was a part where the author was seemingly saying the same thing twice. This was the first time in over 10 scenes they had done something like that, so it turned out to be a very problematic thing for me to approach. It was actually quite the crisis, but I eventually came to a conclusion.

Second, I have to consider the cultural translations. A translation might make sense and be accurate, but where a Japanese reader would consider something lascivious the American reader may not. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with Japanese culture to put that concept to much use.

There are other details I consider, but with just those two I can find myself thinking about a single phrase for some time. In addition to all that, I get horny af writing this so I can't just work on it any old time.
You are my hero, don't give up!

Reactions: maidenmasher

Mces

Aug 26, 2018
can u help me out. I'm trying out the sl decoder u have linked on top. How does it work?

maidenmasher

Donor
Mar 24, 2019
can u help me out. I'm trying out the sl decoder u have linked on top. How does it work?
I don't know much about it. I just click and drag the sl/txt files onto sl_dec.exe to change them to the other type.

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes