Unreal Engine Abandoned Monster Layer [v0.0.1] [Monster Layer]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Belly97

Well Known Lurker
Donor
Aug 2, 2017
I just saw their first trailer, which was released almost a year ago + raised a decent amount from the kickstarter, and that's all the content? :unsure:
No there is a lot more content, but this build was only put out to receive feedback on movement. There will be a full build soon.

Reactions: ScarlettArcherX

MonsterLayer

Apr 13, 2020
There is no build yet, what is available currently is specifically only to test out movement to provide feedback on and when the first actual build does release it will have all of the 5 initial girls including the Orc girl. Also, the creator of this thread is not one of the devs, posted everything without permission and completely messed it all up initially.
It's fine, people come to this website purely to get ripped games rather than pay - I don't expect anyone to actually come from f95 to support us.

aaa14

Mar 10, 2019
It's fine, people come to this website purely to get ripped games rather than pay - I don't expect anyone to actually come from f95 to support us.
I subbed for a month to patreon to support this game after finding it here. I couldn't get the movement demo though - it had been taken down.

Once a demo/alpha/beta is released and I can try it out, or some more in game trailers, bits of the sex, etc are put out, i'll probably re-sub. It looks great, but as others have said, the worry of vaporware is real.

Reactions: SortaLewd

lchlh

Sep 29, 2019
Damn, those models are phenomenal. That orc girl in particular is hot as hell!

Question MonsterLayer : what's the plan on body size/height variety? will there be short-stacks like goblins and the like (see Feign), or is the plan here to have the same basic human-sized skeleton so that every female can be used for every animation? Cause I'll be honest, that's kinda boring.

I've tried many monster-girl games, and they've all been lacking - either they have a diverse selection but there's maybe 1 animation per size pairing (like Breeders of the Nephilim with it's few low-quality/effort animations, and the artist's disturbing focus on fat models), or an amazing amount of high-quality animations but a severe lack of model diversity (like WildLife).

I look forward to the way this game develops, and while I'm not an investor (no monthly money for progress updates, sorry), I am an end-user and will gladly throw some money at something that greatly pleases the eye like your models.

Reactions: Belly97

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
you'll be surprised by the amount of support F95 have given to many games, including most popular ones.

Dont underestimate F95 because it's a pirate website. They share more love than people on Steam or else.

no joke.

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
This looks promising, good job. Waiting patiently for the first full release. BTW, will it feature a story or just combat??

Jubileu01

May 17, 2020
I saw this patreon has a good money on is project... is it alive or underdevelopment ? No news for a long time...

reducto

Apr 5, 2019
I saw this patreon has a good money on is project... is it alive or underdevelopment ? No news for a long time...
Abandoned i think? It's a shame, this game was looked promising. There are still many supporters, i think it's just another money maker patreon game now

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Nothing posted on patreon in 3 months.... yeah, it's most likely abandoned.
Like the 100s of other overly ambitious projects like this that crop up all the time. They make an impressive demo, set up some huge and amazing goals, get a bunch of patrons then start working, realize what a back breaking, grueling task game development actually is and quit - usually there is some grumbling about not getting enough money to live off of immediately.
But don't worry - the patreon will remain active for as long as money comes in and nobody reports it :)
/rant off
If you guys want something that's actually being developed and shows quite a bit of promise try https://f95zone.to/threads/carnal-instinct-v1-78-hotfix-team-carnal-instinct.65211/

Reactions: Jubileu01

Belly97

Well Known Lurker
Donor
Aug 2, 2017
Abandoned i think? It's a shame, this game was looked promising. There are still many supporters, i think it's just another money maker patreon game now
Nothing posted on patreon in 3 months.... yeah, it's most likely abandoned.
Like the 100s of other overly ambitious projects like this that crop up all the time. They make an impressive demo, set up some huge and amazing goals, get a bunch of patrons then start working, realize what a back breaking, grueling task game development actually is and quit - usually there is some grumbling about not getting enough money to live off of immediately.
But don't worry - the patreon will remain active for as long as money comes in and nobody reports it :)
/rant off
If you guys want something that's actually being developed and shows quite a bit of promise try https://f95zone.to/threads/carnal-instinct-v1-78-hotfix-team-carnal-instinct.65211/
Development is still going strong, they mainly post on their Discord, not Patreon or Subscribestar so it can be hard to see sometimes. Also, the progress they have made in the short time they have been active is very impressive. They just have their heads down working hard at the moment so a bit of radio silence but still all good.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
This game is alive
1de56d1873b7430edfb435a6ef6ea3f4_original.gif

$65,395
pledged of $20,000 goal
backers

Public post

Right now we are just focusing on movement mechanics, testing with Rose as our placeholder while we continue work on the character customization.
Still some refining to do, but as the animations themselves aren't made for her, I think it looks alright :)

View attachment d34b280ea07642708c44c8c98f6a4a21-TPBLF_RoseShoot.mp4

Last edited:

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Thank you! We can only make this the best it can be by people joining us on Discord and giving feedback and input.

All character designs have been worked on with community-led discussion as will most things within the game itself. Make sure you drop by at some point if you are free!
Can I get a discord link? The one on your twitter and on here is expired.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes