Impy_

Aug 10, 2023
Thats so cool, personally I wanted the shopkeeping/breeding game but the chess RPG sounds promising. Keep up the good work your games have a certain charm that I have not seen before.
Thank you! I'm going to start early polling for my next games in October. The shopkeeper/breeding game scored well in the last poll, so there's a good chance that it may get made next year. I'm aiming to finish 2-3 small games and 1 big game each year.

Will it be some kind of unique chess variant with some sex scenes? Honestly, I would be fine with an eroticized version Chess with Different Armies or something like the somewhat similar Mad Chess on Steam
Current plan is to have a team of 4 pieces with highly customizable move patterns and a variety of boards with different layouts and objectives. Between missions there will be an exploration segment similar to Monsoon taverns where you can see what your teammates are up to. Sex scenes will appear during both exploration and capture.

Oct 7, 2019
Thank you! I'm going to start early polling for my next games in October. The shopkeeper/breeding game scored well in the last poll, so there's a good chance that it may get made next year. I'm aiming to finish 2-3 small games and 1 big game each year.

Current plan is to have a team of 4 pieces with highly customizable move patterns and a variety of boards with different layouts and objectives. Between missions there will be an exploration segment similar to Monsoon taverns where you can see what your teammates are up to. Sex scenes will appear during both exploration and capture.
I'm looking forward to it! Since there are 4 teammates, what would their movesets be?

If the 4 basic radial ones from FIDE Chess, I would guess a rook, knight, bishop, and guard (what the king moves as, a ferz/wazir compound).

If they promote, here's an idea for their stages, with some levels being not definite:

Level description for each: mover to up to 8 spaces -> major level -> queen level

Warmachine (up to 2 spaces orthogonally, can leap) or kirin (like a ferz or leaps 2 orthogonally) -> rook -> chancellor (rook/knight compound)

Elephant (diagonal equivalent to the warmachine) or waffle (like a wazir or leaps 2 spaces diagonally) -> bishop -> archbishop (bishop/knight compound)

Knight -> nightrider (to a knight as a rook is to a wazir) -> nanking (nightrider/guard compound, I came up with this piece myself for a nightrider-themed Chess with Different Armies army, the name is based on the NNK Betza notation for this piece)

guard (what a king moves as, ferz/wazir compound) -> mastodon (warmachine/elephant compound, also waffle/kirin compound) -> queen

By the way, do you have a Twitter or Discord account we could chat at about specifics?

Reactions: Impy_

Impy_

Aug 10, 2023
I'm looking forward to it! Since there are 4 teammates, what would their movesets be?

If the 4 basic radial ones from FIDE Chess, I would guess a rook, knight, bishop, and guard (what the king moves as, a ferz/wazir compound).

If they promote, here's an idea for their stages, with some levels being not definite:

Level description for each: mover to up to 8 spaces -> major level -> queen level

Warmachine (up to 2 spaces orthogonally, can leap) or kirin (like a ferz or leaps 2 orthogonally) -> rook -> chancellor (rook/knight compound)

Elephant (diagonal equivalent to the warmachine) or waffle (like a wazir or leaps 2 spaces diagonally) -> bishop -> archbishop (bishop/knight compound)

Knight -> nightrider (to a knight as a rook is to a wazir) -> nanking (nightrider/guard compound, I came up with this piece myself for a nightrider-themed Chess with Different Armies army, the name is based on the NNK Betza notation for this piece)

guard (what a king moves as, ferz/wazir compound) -> mastodon (warmachine/elephant compound, also waffle/kirin compound) -> queen

By the way, do you have a Twitter or Discord account we could chat at about specifics?
Not really going for a promotion based approach, I want to allow more experimentation with different setups, so moves will be based on interchangeable equipment. I'd rather adjust things to be more fun for players as I go based on feedback than make big plans early, so there will be more to discuss when I have something made.

I try not to distracted myself too much with different social media sites, so I don't use twitter or discord.

KeiVal

Jul 20, 2017
This game is amazing, the amount of hours I've spent on this one, sweepers and bastion are ludicrous. They are simple to learn but super satisfying to play (and watch the sexy shenanigans) and I always come back to them whenever they get updates.

Thanks Impy for the great work and looking forward to seeing Monsoon animated and getting more content!

3.80 star(s) 10 Votes