4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Lion from the North

May 28, 2020
Could someone please tell me what the author wrote in their new article on Patreon?
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. June really slipped past me.

Chapter 3 is still progressing along with many pieces being in a partially complete state. At this time I'm still uncertain whether I'll release chapter 3 in smaller polished pieces or try to release all or most of the story at once in a rough state and then polish it after. The latter may be better for development progress.

Overall I'm aiming for 3-4 new enemy types and 2 boss fights, as well as 3 new areas to explore and the special scene with Caspian. Plus many other things. It'll take a while but I think it's doable.

I'll attach some sneak peaks of Caspian and hero's new animation sprites below.

Thank you again for all your support!

W2L

Nov 14, 2022
UPDATED 8/10/23 - Sorry for the late update to the cheat table, but I finally got around to it. It's now compatible with versions 0.2.9.1 and 0.2.9.4.

The cheat table has cheats for infinite HP (with or without 1-Hit Kill ability), infinite MP, infinite gold, instant level up (1 level per victory, up to max level, and this works for all characters/alt forms), and instant max sluttiness. Each cheat section has instructions under the header for how to activate the cheat. They can't be activated as soon as you load a save or start a new game from main menu because of how the game and the cheats work.

Basic explanation: Since the game assigns addresses to both instructions and values held in memory (like your HP) dynamically, they change every time you run the game. The opcodes for an instruction, however, won't change. So the cheats use an aob scan to find the bytes of the opcode for the instruction the cheat will modify. But an instruction won't be assigned an address until the function that the instruction is part of is initially called, which means the instruction (and thus it's opcode/bytes) the cheat needs to find to work can't be found until it has an address.

It's not a big deal, just a small step to do before you activate a cheat. But you have to do it every time you run the executable to start up the game. Once you've done the prereq. to activate a cheat, you can turn that cheat off and on all you want while the game is running.

For anyone who doesn't know how to use a cheat table, you need to download and install Cheat Engine first, if you haven't already, then start Cheat Engine before or while the game is running. When the game is running, attach Cheat Engine to the game's process (process should have the same or a similar name to the game), then open the Monster Souls cheat table. After that, you can follow the instructions to activate each cheat. Before closing the game, turn OFF any cheats you have active OR just don't choose to save any changes to the cheat table when you close Cheat Engine.

***************************************************************************************************

Infinite Gold/Buy For Free cheat: Go to any store and BUY an item, doesn't matter which item it is. You can activate the cheat after that. Once cheat is active, if you buy something else and your gold is less than 99,999, it will increase to that amount, and no matter what you buy, the cost won't be deducted from your gold. Keep in mind, if you're starting a new game from the main menu, the purchase of your lust-inducing armor doesn't count as buying an item from the store.

Infinite HP cheats: Just get into a battle and either hit an enemy or get hit. Doesn't matter which character/enemy gets hit. All that matters for that cheat is that someone takes damage. You can activate one of the HP cheats after that, even if the battle isn't over. Activate one or the other, you can't use both at the same time. Only difference is that one of them lets you insta-kill each enemy (I'm looking at you, Fairy Prince and Alpha Wolf).

Infinite MP cheat: it's similar to what you do for HP, except instead a move with an MP cost has to be used once before activating the cheat. The move can be done be you/Ash/Lyric or an enemy. Easy way to do the prereq. for the HP and MP cheat in same battle is to go fight a slime, smack it, activate HP cheat (if you don't feel like taking dmg), wait till slime uses poison spit or something, then activate the MP cheat and fire away.

Instant Level up cheat: Win a battle and you'll earn XP. It can be activated after that. For each subsequent battle won with the cheat on, any character/*alt form below level 20 will gain 1 level.
* There's a caveat for alt forms: you have to be in the alt form when the battle is won and you have to have attacked at least once while in that alt form, unlike in your normal form, where you don't have to attack at least once to level up at the end of the battle. To illustrate, if all 3 are level 19 and Lyric is the only one who attacks and you were in your normal form, all 3 would level up to level 20, but if you were in an alt form, only Ashe and Lyric would level up. I'm not sure why it's like that, but it is. So just make sure to attack once in a battle to level up alt forms.

** I did notice an odd bug in the game where it says you gained a new skill for the slime form from level 15 onwards when you're just gaining the osmose skill over and over. You aren't actually gaining a new skill after level 15 for the slime form, so if you see that, ignore it. It could've just been something to do with my save being from build 0.2.8.0 originally and I started playing from that save in version 0.2.9.4, but it's hard to say. The cheat doesn't mess with the skill addresses, so it's something in the game itself rather than the cheat causing it. **

Max Sluttiness Cheat: Open the menu, view the hero's info on the Status screen, then close the menu. After that, activate the cheat, open the menu again, and view the hero's info on the Status screen again. The sluttiness will now be maxed out. No reason to leave the cheat on after that, so turn it off and go enjoy the benefits of your promiscuous reputation (which don't exist at this point in the development). If the hero hadn't had sex with anyone (monsters included) before the cheat was activated, the cheat will set the Stranger as the one who took the hero's virginity, just to be safe. But if you really, really want to be safe: before activating the cheat, go have sex with whoever you want to remember forever, then go let the Stranger bang you in the alley, check the Status screen at some point during all of that, THEN activate the cheat. But it should be fine if you don't. You don't have to reactivate this one every time you play the game like the others. One and done, folks.

Last edited:

W2L

Nov 14, 2022
after I open the file with cheat engine and selected the boxes as instructed, I see no button like "apply" or "ok" to finalize the settings?
I just updated the cheat table so it's compatible with versions 0.2.9.1 and 0.2.9.4. Posted here: https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-souls-v0-2-9-1-monster-souls.60108/post-11454972
And no, there won't be anything else that occurs when you activate a cheat, if you see the red X next to it, then it's on and should be working.

W2L

Nov 14, 2022
You need to open it with the CheatEngine. Then when the program is running you need to click on the upper-left button "Process List" and choose this game. Obviously, you've got to start the game first.

Once all the above is done, you can choose the desirable cheats on the list. However, half of them don't operate on the newest build.
Yeah, sorry about that, I finally found some time to update the cheat table. https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-souls-v0-2-9-1-monster-souls.60108/post-11454972

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
MonsterSouls-0.2.9.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

Krids

Feb 4, 2021
Can someone help me please? Do you know is it possible to change hero race in the middle game from what races game lets you choose at the beginning?

latui

Feb 5, 2023
MonsterSouls-0.2.9.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​
Any chance of grabbing the Mac version? :3

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Sorry for the super late response. Any chance of you re-seeding for a little? We've had some emergencies in the past couple weeks that have kept me off here.
Am currently still seeding.

TheBoss756

May 5, 2022
UPDATED 8/10/23 - Sorry for the late update to the cheat table, but I finally got around to it. It's now compatible with versions 0.2.9.1 and 0.2.9.4.

The cheat table has cheats for infinite HP (with or without 1-Hit Kill ability), infinite MP, infinite gold, instant level up (1 level per victory, up to max level, and this works for all characters/alt forms), and instant max sluttiness. Each cheat section has instructions under the header for how to activate the cheat. They can't be activated as soon as you load a save or start a new game from main menu because of how the game and the cheats work.

Basic explanation: Since the game assigns addresses to both instructions and values held in memory (like your HP) dynamically, they change every time you run the game. The opcodes for an instruction, however, won't change. So the cheats use an aob scan to find the bytes of the opcode for the instruction the cheat will modify. But an instruction won't be assigned an address until the function that the instruction is part of is initially called, which means the instruction (and thus it's opcode/bytes) the cheat needs to find to work can't be found until it has an address.

It's not a big deal, just a small step to do before you activate a cheat. But you have to do it every time you run the executable to start up the game. Once you've done the prereq. to activate a cheat, you can turn that cheat off and on all you want while the game is running.

For anyone who doesn't know how to use a cheat table, you need to download and install Cheat Engine first, if you haven't already, then start Cheat Engine before or while the game is running. When the game is running, attach Cheat Engine to the game's process (process should have the same or a similar name to the game), then open the Monster Souls cheat table. After that, you can follow the instructions to activate each cheat. Before closing the game, turn OFF any cheats you have active OR just don't choose to save any changes to the cheat table when you close Cheat Engine.

***************************************************************************************************

Infinite Gold/Buy For Free cheat: Go to any store and BUY an item, doesn't matter which item it is. You can activate the cheat after that. Once cheat is active, if you buy something else and your gold is less than 99,999, it will increase to that amount, and no matter what you buy, the cost won't be deducted from your gold. Keep in mind, if you're starting a new game from the main menu, the purchase of your lust-inducing armor doesn't count as buying an item from the store.

Infinite HP cheats: Just get into a battle and either hit an enemy or get hit. Doesn't matter which character/enemy gets hit. All that matters for that cheat is that someone takes damage. You can activate one of the HP cheats after that, even if the battle isn't over. Activate one or the other, you can't use both at the same time. Only difference is that one of them lets you insta-kill each enemy (I'm looking at you, Fairy Prince and Alpha Wolf).

Infinite MP cheat: it's similar to what you do for HP, except instead a move with an MP cost has to be used once before activating the cheat. The move can be done be you/Ash/Lyric or an enemy. Easy way to do the prereq. for the HP and MP cheat in same battle is to go fight a slime, smack it, activate HP cheat (if you don't feel like taking dmg), wait till slime uses poison spit or something, then activate the MP cheat and fire away.

Instant Level up cheat: Win a battle and you'll earn XP. It can be activated after that. For each subsequent battle won with the cheat on, any character/*alt form below level 20 will gain 1 level.
* There's a caveat for alt forms: you have to be in the alt form when the battle is won and you have to have attacked at least once while in that alt form, unlike in your normal form, where you don't have to attack at least once to level up at the end of the battle. To illustrate, if all 3 are level 19 and Lyric is the only one who attacks and you were in your normal form, all 3 would level up to level 20, but if you were in an alt form, only Ashe and Lyric would level up. I'm not sure why it's like that, but it is. So just make sure to attack once in a battle to level up alt forms.

** I did notice an odd bug in the game where it says you gained a new skill for the slime form from level 15 onwards when you're just gaining the osmose skill over and over. You aren't actually gaining a new skill after level 15 for the slime form, so if you see that, ignore it. It could've just been something to do with my save being from build 0.2.8.0 originally and I started playing from that save in version 0.2.9.4, but it's hard to say. The cheat doesn't mess with the skill addresses, so it's something in the game itself rather than the cheat causing it. **

Max Sluttiness Cheat: Open the menu, view the hero's info on the Status screen, then close the menu. After that, activate the cheat, open the menu again, and view the hero's info on the Status screen again. The sluttiness will now be maxed out. No reason to leave the cheat on after that, so turn it off and go enjoy the benefits of your promiscuous reputation (which don't exist at this point in the development). If the hero hadn't had sex with anyone (monsters included) before the cheat was activated, the cheat will set the Stranger as the one who took the hero's virginity, just to be safe. But if you really, really want to be safe: before activating the cheat, go have sex with whoever you want to remember forever, then go let the Stranger bang you in the alley, check the Status screen at some point during all of that, THEN activate the cheat. But it should be fine if you don't. You don't have to reactivate this one every time you play the game like the others. One and done, folks.
Where can I download the cheat engine mentioned here?

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes