VN Ren'Py Abandoned Moonlight Sins [Ch. 1-4] [ThEngineer]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes
Sep 21, 2017
i'm new here and haven't played yet because its onhold (maybe will try after this post)...

...so what's the reason? did the computer get covid-19 and mutated? ...or did it suddenly develop sentience and decided to do some orgy with the other talking appliances? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Reactions: thengineer

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
i'm new here and haven't played yet because its onhold (maybe will try after this post)...

...so what's the reason? did the computer get covid-19 and mutated? ...or did it suddenly develop sentience and decided to do some orgy with the other talking appliances? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
It's not truly on hold, I just had way too much stuff to do and just didn't have the time to release updates in a timely manner (especially because I had a patreon, so I needed to dedicate time for it). I'm still working on it, just slower (actually, I'm working on it right now). I'm planning to update it in July, and from there, I may or may not go back to working harder on my game

NoBrainTrust

Jun 16, 2017
"I may or may not go back to working harder on my game." ...ok. so if you don't wanna work harder or not you may consider collaborating with another person (not me) who has an interest and skill to progress the game? Just an idea worth mentioning and/or supply models to the public. Just wanted to say that because many games get on hold and never finish or get anywhere.

Thanks.

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
"I may or may not go back to working harder on my game." ...ok. so if you don't wanna work harder or not you may consider collaborating with another person (not me) who has an interest and skill to progress the game? Just an idea worth mentioning and/or supply models to the public. Just wanted to say that because many games get on hold and never finish or get anywhere.

Thanks.
Thanks for the advice! I actually have been considering finding someone/multiple people to help me out after I roll out this update. Namely, I thought about finding a writer, since I'm not that good with writing and it would certainly lift some weight. It's hard to tell if I can actually find someone who can not only write decently but who would also be willing to work for free (all the money I make on patreon just goes to art assets and voice acting). I don't think there's much else in terms of help I could get, it would be even thougher to find an artist who's skilled enough. Anyway, it's quite probable that I end up looking for some help, it's more a matter of whether I can find it.

Cipherdragon

Aug 3, 2019
Thanks for the advice! I actually have been considering finding someone/multiple people to help me out after I roll out this update. Namely, I thought about finding a writer, since I'm not that good with writing and it would certainly lift some weight. It's hard to tell if I can actually find someone who can not only write decently but who would also be willing to work for free (all the money I make on patreon just goes to art assets and voice acting). I don't think there's much else in terms of help I could get, it would be even thougher to find an artist who's skilled enough. Anyway, it's quite probable that I end up looking for some help, it's more a matter of whether I can find it.
I know you can never be sure, of course other people know that aswell, but please keep working on moonlight sins. It has so much potential and I really really like it so far. :)

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Spoiler! ... But,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And is there any chance of this game being developed again soon? I liked what was available but it was also short and really depressing. Was hoping for something more which started turning around the bleakness.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
And is there any chance of this game being developed again soon? I liked what was available but it was also short and really depressing. Was hoping for something more which started turning around the bleakness.
The game actually never stopped being in development, it just slowed down and he temporarily shut down his patreon because he didnt have the time to actively develop the game. He is still fairly active on here and last time he spoke of releases he hoped to have one out in July and then he would take it from there.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The game actually never stopped being in development, it just slowed down and he temporarily shut down his patreon because he didnt have the time to actively develop the game. He is still fairly active on here and last time he spoke of releases he hoped to have one out in July and then he would take it from there.
Ah, okay. Thank you. I remember feeling like, when I played it, that my MC wasn't going to fulfill any of the tags the game has because he was going to be too depressed about his sister. I wanted to see if thengineer was going to be able to convince my MC to even bother with the concept of having a harem. Anyway, I am probably going to replay it soon. Is the DL on the OP for the whole thing or just CH 4?

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I'm good with dialogue and narration. Bad with descriptive stuff.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
the godawful nightmare bowling minigame turned this from a quirky, fun little time waster into a "lock up, three-finger-crash, then delete the folder never to be seen again" scenario

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes