VN Ren'Py Abandoned More Than Meets the Eye [v0.0.7] [Bearlover]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
i don't get all these transformer jokes...

could someone be so nice and explain me why the titles seems to have references to transformers?
what i found out on google is that the undertitle of transformers uses the line "more than meets the eye", that's it.
should i now jump up everytime i read the word nemesis and say "where is my reference to resident evil 3"?
the jokes i don't get...
It's not just a simple "that's it". Transformers is famous, mostly for the 1984-87 tv series and the fact that "More than meets the eye" is both the catchphrase (thus the undertitle) and the main line that's used in its theme song and more so that it hasn't died out despite its modern failed movies and series simply because it's past ones are so memorable and almost everyone knows about it. Nemesis is just a word, not a phrase used by someone or in something in an entertainment industry known to all. If you need an example take Arnold Schwarzenegger with his "I'll be back" line from the Terminator movies.

Reactions: DigitalDarkness

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
It's not just a simple "that's it". Transformers is famous, mostly for the 1984-87 tv series and the fact that "More than meets the eye" is both the catchphrase (thus the undertitle) and the main line that's used in its theme song and more so that it hasn't died out despite its modern failed movies and series simply because it's past ones are so memorable and almost everyone knows about it. Nemesis is just a word, not a phrase used by someone or in something in an entertainment industry known to all. If you need an example take Arnold Schwarzenegger with his "I'll be back" line from the Terminator movies.
that's it?

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
It's been a while since I played the first part of this game, but I think the "no sex content" tag is applicable.

The story is interesting, if a little hard to read. 98% of the game is standard backgrounds (first time I saw most of them was in glassex), sometimes with a sprite or three overlayed. Also, last couple of updates were either side stories or had no choices. In fact, I don't remember much in the way of choices anywhere in the game, so maybe the "kinetic novel" tag could be added too.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Dev posted on Feb 8 that v0.08 would be released on Feb 18 but that came and went and all subsequent patreon posts have been about his new game so marking this as abandoned.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote