FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I'm the one who's written all them, it's not a standard patch as stated I've manually gone through it sometimes line by line removing certain dialogue/added certain dialogue to make it fit.
I know, but the new version 2.5 is using different scriptfile names as your old patch, so apart from editing the dialogue to make it fit, you'll now also need to rename the files to match the existing so the originals get replaced.

Reactions: interblade

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I know, but the new version 2.5 is using different scriptfile names as your old patch, so apart from editing the dialogue to make it fit, you'll now also need to rename the files to match the existing so the originals get replaced.
I'm not using the old files at all; I'm re-doing it from scratch, eg; act05scene04.rpy, act05scene05.rpy, etc, going through each, that way if it doesn't change, I will only have to update the new content from here out hopefully. I don't really want to re-name the old ones and screw something up, I think it's' much safter this way.

If it stayed the same, I would have only had to update what was new. But, from the looks of it, it's better this way.

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
It shouldn't take longer than a few hours TOPS to do all three things in the poll.

(1) I-Patch: Here's a link if you need help: - Thanks to anne O'nymous

(2) NTR Skippable
: Boolean Plot Flag, If Then Conditional Statements, basic rudimentary coding, extremely easy

(3) Character Name Change: This code is literally everywhere, this shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes.

There's no need for a poll for basic stuff that the community can help you with instantly. Once you finish the above three things, which should take about an hour, you can focus on the story.
1. No, not as easy as just removing step from code. Story is more complex. So wil take much more time to do this in a proper way.

2. This is already done, but people want it done I. A diff way.. (play the game) and that will require new renders. Ergo much more time.

3. It s a continuation of AWAM so the character names are already set. And hardcoded in the stort. Just a simple replace would work. Ergo much more time to implement.

That's why I did the poll :)

Joining my Patreon would be a big help though

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I can't understand why the developer of this game removed incest considering that the dev of the original wife and mother game kept it, and it is also sponsored by the same patreon
All it takes is someone to report their Patreon and it's gone (would be the same for AWAM, if someone got pissy and decided to report it for incest, it would probably be gone too), been happening a lot lately. They aren't a big dev, and maybe they don't want to take the chance.

Also, maybe they didn't want to tell the same story?

Anarchy2000

Feb 12, 2023
All it takes is someone to report their Patreon and it's gone (would be the same for AWAM, if someone got pissy and decided to report it for incest, it would probably be gone too), been happening a lot lately. They aren't a big dev, and maybe they don't want to take the chance.

Also, maybe they didn't want to tell the same story?
there is a long list of games with explicit incest that have been on this platform for a while, I heard that the raptus game was even reported, however the dev account continues
as you said, maybe they don't want to risk it, who knows

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
there is a long list of games with explicit incest that have been on this platform for a while, I heard that the raptus game was even reported, however the dev account continues
I'm very aware, there are tons of those on Patreon and a lot use outside patches, or even have the patches their themself.

Who really knows about Raptus, unless it's from the horse's mouth, it's dubious at best, since it also contains graphic rape and incest.

Like I said this is a small dev, and just maybe, he doesn't want to take any chances, which is understandable.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Doesn't clarify basic confusion for someone who hasn't played Wife and Mother. Is this game (Motel: A Son and Brother Story) happening in the same universe as Wife and Mother? Does it reuse images/art from the original? How are they related?

Again, I'm asking as someone who knows next to nothing about Wife and Mother (it's in my Watched list, to be tried after it's [COMPLETED]).

poseid0n

Nov 17, 2020
Doesn't clarify basic confusion for someone who hasn't played Wife and Mother. Is this game (Motel: A Son and Brother Story) happening in the same universe as Wife and Mother? Does it reuse images/art from the original? How are they related?

Again, I'm asking as someone who knows next to nothing about Wife and Mother (it's in my Watched list, to be tried after it's [COMPLETED]).
in AWAM you play as sofia, the mother and she is married to liam and her 2 kids are elle and dylan. and in this game theres a lot of blackmail and player choices that affect how the game is played out like, sending dylan to boarding school, nipping anything sexual that comes from anyone else other than the husband in the bud which with give you faithful points and lower lust, or you can allow people to cat call or be ok with naked modeling, etc things like that and i havent played this fan made game yet but it doesnt look to be from the same wave length but what would i know havent played this yet. though in AWAM its a big race to who will fuck sofia first and nothings ever really forced though i will say if i have my choice ima make sure its dylan, same thing for elle i want her first to be dylan which its looking like it will be anyway

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
oh so they arent even things that are actually happening just dreams
They are drugged by strangers they have sex with each other then they pass out they dream, and for the mother is shown (option to see it or not) what really happens she is sleepraped by strangers then they wake up in their car (they were in a motel before ) with the traces of what happend .

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
As pointed out in this version of this "game" there really isn't any incest. Sophia is Liam's girlfriend, and Dylan is Liams son. Ellie is Sophia's daughter from another marriage. So, there isn't even "step".

interbladecard please just link to my post instead of uploading to a host and link it. That way if I missed something, or if someone tells me I missed something, or if I decide to make more edits, that way it won't have to be uploaded each time to a host, the one in the OP even for last version was outdated as I made more changes after the fact. Thanks.

Okay, here is my quick (not so quick did take an hour or so), incest patch for Motel: A Son and Brother Story...current version is v2.5. Just remember from above, it's just not as simple as "removing step" from everything. Please report any thing I may have missed.

shawnnation give it a test :devilish:

Note: Backup the files you replace in case you don't like it ;)
Thank you! ❤ Much appreciated

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
I thought progressing the story won the poll but this update didn't go anywhere or actually moved the story backwards. Nothing really happened in the real world and I felt like most of the update consisted of the MC playing a game that I give 0 shits about. I skipped that part because I didn't download this game to watch someone else play a dumb game I'm not interested in.
Just my 2 cents. Hopefully the next update leads to interesting things happening with the Mother and/or Sister.

2.80 star(s) 17 Votes