Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
how to use (attached) urm mod to rename Characters or replace text in any RenPy game:
(Note: this mod is non-invasive and will NOT alter ANY of your game files, if you don't want or need it, just remove the file again)

This Mod is universal and works with 99% of all RenPy games !
(for "how to use cheating/changing values" search this forum for "URM mod" and get a detailed documentation over there)

1.) extract urm file
2.) place file in "game" folder as usual
3.) start game
4.) when prompted to update mod, do either choice (doesn't matter if update fails either)
5.) once ingame (started new game or loaded savegame), hit ALT + M (at once)
6.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
7.)
8.)
9.)

i recommend also to select "case insentive" and "Replace parts", so that "dylan's" would be "yourname's".
This will replace every word of your choice in shown text, but sadly this will not affect your "Sayers" (name above textbox)

Normally, you would also change the Sayer like this:
1.)
2.)
3.)

But as you see:
1685881319074.png
This is where the dev REALLY messed up. He REALLY created over TWO THOUSAND characters in this game - mostly for Dylan only. Good luck and have fun to rename them all.
Not mentionning that we are "only" in early state of the game, knowing a handful NPC, and already have 2000+ variables for character names in the code.
RESPECT !!!!!!!!!

That's why i wrote in my review, that i doubt this game will be able to be finished based on that complete mess of code and the way it's been coded.

Last edited:

satanete

Nov 24, 2017
Apologies if this has been answered before; I played 2.5 and now 2.6.6, and both end in the exactly same point... what's new on this update? What did I miss?

BTW, the motel scene is just awesome.

Reactions: Jorund

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
i agree - but it's nearly impossible to put a rename function into the game the way it's coded. Guess the modder just had refactored "Dylan" with "BigDick" (bad move).
You might use URM-Mod and replace "BigDick" with any name of your choice, so that at least the textlines refer to the name you want, but still the Sayer (name displayed above the text) will not be affected by that at all - you would need to replace all dozen hundreds (yes, you read right) of different "dylan-sayers" manually, which isn't worth the effort at all. That's why i played without ipatch as that's the lesser evil XD.
Now, your talking computer tech stuff, way above my pay grade.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
i agree - but it's nearly impossible to put a rename function into the game the way it's coded. Guess the modder just had refactored "Dylan" with "BigDick" (bad move).
You might use URM-Mod and replace "BigDick" with any name of your choice, so that at least the textlines refer to the name you want, but still the Sayer (name displayed above the text) will not be affected by that at all - you would need to replace all dozen hundreds (yes, you read right) of different "dylan-sayers" manually, which isn't worth the effort at all. That's why i played without ipatch as that's the lesser evil XD.
You don't have to use URM-Mod to do that...
You have not read my post and used my V2 ipatch !
You just have to edit MY file and replace BigDick by whatever you want.
This is what I have write in my post
The ipatch made by SonsOLiberty is excellent but is a rewrite of all the script and can break the game, not mine. Because I have used the pattern matching to replace strings by another. You can use with the new 0.2.6.6 without risk. The only things it can happen is a non display of the correct strings.

Reactions: Hyperserver

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Wow this is what I get for making a game and posting it for free...
smh
View attachment 2675119
I would just report them and continue to make the game how you want it. After all, you will never please everyone so no need to try to. You are the one who came up with the idea and put the work in to make it so far.

So tell your story the way you want it to be and forget/ignore the trolls.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Sorry, just using those words, gave me a headache.
yeah - i know - i also recognized AFTERWARDS that URM - Mod is doubled down (universal Renpy Mod - Mod sounds crazy), but i guess people know what i meant XD

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
interbladecard ; this user is looking for an itch to scratch, had some rude posts in MB's thread, and Z's don't take it personal, You do a great job, keep up the good work !
Edit: I just saw that that was an DM what the heck !!! :mad:

Last edited:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
not 100% sure, but i believe to remember his nick. I might had an encounter with him in other thread(s). Just report him and let the mods to their job. There is no reason to bother about such trolls who are out for trouble whenever they see a possible target.

On top of that, this guy can't do other than trying to incite. Here are his posts (he did only 10):

As you see, there are barely normal posts without rant - typical toxic pleb

Last edited:

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
how to use (attached) urm mod to rename Characters or replace text in any RenPy game:
(Note: this mod is non-invasive and will NOT alter ANY of your game files, if you don't want or need it, just remove the file again)

This Mod is universal and works with 99% of all RenPy games !
(for "how to use cheating/changing values" search this forum for "URM mod" and get a detailed documentation over there)

1.) extract urm file
2.) place file in "game" folder as usual
3.) start game
4.) when prompted to update mod, do either choice (doesn't matter if update fails either)
5.) once ingame (started new game or loaded savegame), hit ALT + M (at once)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)

i recommend also to select "case insentive" and "Replace parts", so that "dylan's" would be "yourname's".
This will replace every word of your choice in shown text, but sadly this will not affect your "Sayers" (name above textbox)

Normally, you would also change the Sayer like this:
1.)
2.)
3.)

But as you see:
View attachment 2674316
This is where the dev REALLY messed up. He REALLY created over TWO THOUSAND characters in this game - mostly for Dylan only. Good luck and have fun to rename them all.
Not mentionning that we are "only" in early state of the game, knowing a handful NPC, and already have 2000+ variables for character names in the code.
RESPECT !!!!!!!!!

That's why i wrote in my review, that i doubt this game will be able to be finished based on that complete mess of code and the way it's been coded.
Just a waste of time...
Edit my ipatch and replace BigDick by "name of your choice" and it will replace all occurence including the sayers

elver galarge

Oct 27, 2018
The Motel [v2.5] Unofficial Android Port + IC Patch

- 112mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Please update

Reactions: gahall7903

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Just a waste of time...
Edit my ipatch and replace BigDick by "name of your choice" and it will replace all occurence including the sayers
i know - i just explained him how to use URM in general - as it's the best tool for all renpy games even when there's no mod for that game at all

• Hey there
Reactions: Kronigmeister

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Oh come on, If he had said that to a random person in a pub, he would being helped to find the exit without bothering to open the door.
I'm shure Interblade reported him, that was beyond everything, he didn't publish it in a public thread he send it per DM that is what blew me off. anyway ! good thing is that I have now the perfect excuse to drink a couple of whisky to calm my nerves
cheers ;):D:D

2.80 star(s) 17 Votes