4.20 star(s) 34 Votes

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I appreciate it when creators do this, I know you want more people on your Patreon. It shows that there is progress on the game for people who aren't in a position to support the game financially. Do you have any banners for the game so we can put them in our sigs?
Progress reports/of the like are pointless if they aren't free, or at least that's my view on them. Patreons/supporters will end up getting more benefits at the end of the day, but progress reports tend to be beneficial for everyone.

I don't have any signatures (outside of my own) for this yet, will add that to the list of things I'll be making.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Progress reports/of the like are pointless if they aren't free, or at least that's my view on them. Patreons/supporters will end up getting more benefits at the end of the day, but progress reports tend to be beneficial for everyone.

I don't have any signatures (outside of my own) for this yet, will add that to the list of things I'll be making.
In all the extra free time that you don't have. If people want sigs made for a game, there's a request thread someplace on this site. Or they can tag an artist that does them.

deimos25

Sep 29, 2021
I guess you missed where he called me a 'retard' and a 'cunt' before I called him a 'child' and a 'troll'?
Nah I saw, but...while you may not have 'name called' first, their insults came after you attacked and insulted first...so...

Or do you have a tendency to defend childish trolls?
Not typically...what I saw was a person merely discussing the game, sharing an opinion, making suggestions...then blasted and insulted for doing so. Then people getting upset because that person responded in kind. Which is as I said, hypocritical, and I just pointed it out.

Reactions: xsikal

deimos25

Sep 29, 2021
If you are truly interested in what the "community" thinks...
Hmm... Don't think ever said I did...but go ahead...

We don't think much of newbs who want to tell the dev how to make their product.
I did not "tell" the dev (and in this context you are using it as "dictate") on how to make their product.
I believe the dev has been very transparent and open to discussion about their game. I find this very commendable and I merely presented options I have seen in other games, whether or not the dev had already considered them, likes them or dislikes them, finds them at all plausible; that is all fine and up to the dev to decide.

We don't think much of anyone who wants to tell the dev what they think of their product when they admit they have only "played a small amount".
Thats fine. My statement though, was meant as a compliment, that even with little exposure I can tell how hard working the dev is to the game. Also, my comment was not meant for the community per se, but to the dev. So think as much of or as little of me as you want.

We don't think much of newbs or anyone for that matter who don't know or abide by the site rules - such as not discussing or linking to other threads.
I apologize, I will admit I am ignorant in this case. As far as the link I can understand the issue. I have seen many links throughout my time on the forums and didn't think much about it. I will remove the link. As far as not discussing other threads, please clarify. Are you not allowed to reference any other game in any other thread? It seems a bit extreme and limiting.

We don't think much of making suggestions in one breath while admitting you know nothing about it in the next.
Not quite, but I can see how you could take it that way. I "know" that I liked that approach, and would guess (yes, a guess) there could be others that would as well.

The comment about not knowing the community reception about WVM, was way to open the discussion up to those that may have more insight and clarify if they desired, without being blasted that it is a stupid idea, seems I failed regardless...lol...

Finally, we don't think much of a post that has so many rude, ignorant and rule breaking comments in five sentences of drivel.
Ouch, I think I really triggered you somehow. I sincerely apologize for hurting your feelings.

I will disagree with you though. Except for the "rule breaking", 1 instance of linking to other threads. I don't believe my post was at all rude, and that was most definitely not the intent.

This is a discussion thread, so...yea... it IS OK to discuss the game and make suggestions, regardless of perceived expertise and qualifications, and even more so since the dev has openly encouraged it.

Last edited:

deimos25

Sep 29, 2021
The issue for me in that way is that I simply don't have the time to do that currently (regarding the trans/non-trans option), or the hardware to do it efficiently. This is a hobby currently, the actual job takes priority. So, rendering a trans and non-trans version means double the rendering, which means double the time. Which is also means two versions of the same animations for the trans and non-trans versions. No matter how I spin it, that's just not an effective use of time. Right now, at least.
I understand completely and figured it as and rightfully so, but still wanted to bring it up.

Unfortunately, making it avoidable from the beginning would force a restart for those playing, and I'd rather not do that to players. Especially over a single scene. I suppose I can drop a variable at the beginning of Episode 2 giving the option to completely disable it and update Episode 1 with a small tooltip warning or something of the sort. But that's about it. For now, they can say no to the one scene that features any trans content or they can continue being dramatic simply because the option exists.
I see, didn't know it could make such a impact.

Thanks for replying.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissFortune

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
As far as not discussing other threads, please clarify. Are you not allowed to reference any other game in any other thread? It seems a bit extreme and limiting.
Try reading the site rules. It is spelled out quite clearly. Yes my comment was severe. No I'm not "triggered". If you notice how many people agreed with my post you will realize that a certain level of decorum is expected. It starts with knowing then following the rules. A small admonition from me is better than getting your posts deleted by mods or being banned from a thread. Jus' Sayin'

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
For anyone playing this game ...
D and MC are way more mature than what bickering and name throwing
has been going on in the last couple a pages in this thread.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
First off, I don't know why you feel the need to be so aggro, when I've been polite and literally have not complained about anything.
yeah it's tiresome with this overprotective group of fanboys ("we" as motseer cringily puts it) thinking they need to defend the dev and the game from any perceived criticism

Third, If you actually comprehended my post, you would understand why the fact that the player has to chose to allow it doesn't make a total difference, for some people. The things which the player has the ability to choose or not inform us about how the MC and other characters think.
not really. the game only informs us about what someone thinks if that is how it is presented. in this game, you get an option to reject a trans girl, then saying you are not attracted to them. that then, is what the mc thinks, just as the players that chose that option. so what you're actually talking about is that just having the rejected content in the game is enough of a turn off to some people. just getting an option/offer to do something, but turning it down, is a turn off to some people. they don't want to be exposed to such situations. and that's understandable in real life, so i can understand it in a game too, though i wish people could just suck it up, say no and move on in the game.

Reactions: DickgirlEnjoyer

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
If you are truly interested in what the "community" thinks...

We don't think much of newbs who want to tell the dev how to make their product.

We don't think much of anyone who wants to tell the dev what they think of their product when they admit they have only "played a small amount".

We don't think much of newbs or anyone for that matter who don't know or abide by the site rules - such as not discussing or linking to other threads.

We don't think much of making suggestions in one breath while admitting you know nothing about it in the next.

Finally, we don't think much of a post that has so many rude, ignorant and rule breaking comments in five sentences of drivel.
congratulations, this must be the most cringe post on f95

stuck up much, sir?

also, what the hell are you talking about with your last line? unreal

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
- Which works as a nice segue into the next point. Some had trouble understanding some of the lingo/slang in American Football and or Collegiate American Football. I've put together a glossary. The UI isn't final, and the imagebutton shown in the below video likely isn't, either. It's just there as a working piece for now:

I believe nearly every American Football-specific term/slang used in S01E01 is in there. Feel free to mention anything you didn't understand in the comments below and I'll see if I addressed somewhere in there. If not, I'll add it.

- There'll also be alerts for when new terms are added to the glossary.

- For now, the focus is on the gallery. Everything else on that same line is more of an eventual goal that maybe be template'd in this release but not usable. The character section will likely be mostly completed in this release. Imagebutton updates are more of a maybe this release.
Just a small update to the Glossary here. The imagebutton on the top left screen will stay for later reference, but now said text/lingo will be hyperlinked to a pop-up screen that displays only that word and it's meaning:

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
As a long time lurker and someone who played and thoroughly enjoyed WWJK, absolutely looking forward to future updates.
The way you go about setting atmosphere and the writing just feels incredibly organic and the end result really is just a great experience.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MissFortune

Sh0n3

Feb 28, 2021
Hii! I've a quick question. Does the auto-forward function work on this game, and if it does how do I enable it? Thanks in advance.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hii! I've a quick question. Does the auto-forward function work on this game, and if it does how do I enable it? Thanks in advance.
It's something I'm still trying to figure out. I adjusted the code slightly with a possible fix in the bugfix for 0.1/S01E01, but it doesn't seem to have done much.

I might try to reimplement the base code from a default ren'py project and see if I can narrow down the issue. So, as of now: if it isn't working, then it's probably not working at all.

Reactions: Sh0n3

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
What's wrong with the interface? Clicking doesn't progress, menus take 30 seconds to show, CTRL enables auto-forward, and sometimes it magically enabled itself :| and that's the only way dialogue progresses... I've never seen a broken interface like this. No one else??

----

Removing all of the custom auto-forward code in screens.rpy fixes a lot. I don't understand why devs use Renpy, and then override all the good Renpy that makes Renpy good....

Last edited:

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
What's wrong with the interface? Clicking doesn't progress, menus take 30 seconds to show, CTRL enables auto-forward, and sometimes it magically enabled itself :| and that's the only way dialogue progresses... I've never seen a broken interface like this. No one else??
The post above yours has a quote referring to the issue with the auto-forward. I'm looking into it. Not much I can do beyond on that.

As for everything else? Sounds like it's on your end. There's zero reason a menu should be taking 30 seconds to load, and clicking does indeed progress. There are a couple hard pauses in the code (specifically going in and out of the flashbacks, and a select scene or two near the end.), but nothing that would be stopping you from progressing via click. Here's a fresh download from Mega link in the OP in action:

It's not something that I've come across, nor is it (sans the auto-forward) anything anyone else has brought up.

Removing all of the custom auto-forward code in screens.rpy fixes a lot. I don't understand why devs use Renpy, and then override all the good Renpy that makes Renpy good....
Because a lot of Ren'py's base code is nigh unusable if you're doing anything marginally custom.

As I said above, I'm looking into it. Should be fixed, at least on some level, by the next update.

Reactions: sava75

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
They are just haters.
...?
Many who complain about Trans LI worry about the lack of content in the future. One person is making this game. If you don't like Netori, turn it off, if you don't like Trans, turn it off, I added this content in the future, if you don't like it, turn it off... What's left in the game in terms of content if we turn everything off?
You'll have to wait at least 3 updates to play anything decent.
Honestly, I wouldn't put my money on something like this.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
They are just haters.
...?
Many who complain about Trans LI worry about the lack of content in the future. One person is making this game. If you don't like Netori, turn it off, if you don't like Trans, turn it off, I added this content in the future, if you don't like it, turn it off... What's left in the game in terms of content if we turn everything off?
this was not meant as main content ( if i am not wrong)
so yeah , there will be enough "decent" content left to play

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
They are just haters.
...?
Only in this episode MC fucks 2 girls and has a lot of moments with others girls besides the trans girl that only have 1 single scene with MC. The trans girl is just 1 from a universe of +10 love interests. There is plenty of content for who don't like trans content. Doesn't seem like a case of players worrying for lack of content. Seems more like the case of entitled and greedy players that always want absolutely 100% of the content fit with their tastes.
Then go play linear Kinectic Novels with 0 choices and not Visual Novels with different routes

4.20 star(s) 34 Votes