MrBubu's Visual Walkthroughs

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
I was trying to come up with some kind of walkthrough for https://f95zone.to/threads/cybernetic-seduction-ep-1-1thousand.140310/ but even though that's only for the first episode I didn't know where to start and how to built it up.
Now I see you created a walkthrough for Being a DIK (among other). That must have been really tough. (y)
Respectfully I say; I hope it is a hobby for you. :giggle:
It will become a full time job once I have enough patreons, in about 12 or 13 years at this rate! ;)
Nah seriously it is a hobby, I did it for myself to start with and eventually thought it would be nice to share it with others. I have a few patreons as well so right now I have a free drink monthly, if I can get a good meal monthly that will be more than I even thought I'd get.

All I can say is find your own style (text walkthrough are probably easiest, workflow like I do need more work). Look at the game rpy files, understand how renpy works and you're good to go (most of the times you need to extract them from the rpa archive and even decompile them from the rpyc files, check the forum for how to do it).

Good luck!

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Walkthrough Update

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you want to support my work, you can:

Feel free to post suggestions for my next work .

Cheers,
Mr Bubu

Reactions: Balu83

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Walkthrough Update

Cheers,
Mr Bubu

Sep 26, 2021
Very cool project. I remember making similar flow charts for StarCraft II and it took /forever/ and those games really aren't that complicated to diagram. Can't imagine the time that goes into something more complex.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
can you do the walkthroghs "indecent desires"?
Sorry to disappoint you but I cannot do pure sandbox games, I do workflow walkthroughs so it needs to start and progress until the end. I don't mind small free roam events within a VN but that's about all I can cover with that style of walkthrough.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Very cool project. I remember making similar flow charts for StarCraft II and it took /forever/ and those games really aren't that complicated to diagram. Can't imagine the time that goes into something more complex.
Thanks, I'm constantly improving my method but it still takes a bit of time, the secret is to use a tool that creates diagrams from plain text files, so I don't spend hours placing the boxes manually.

Chris-21

Aug 22, 2022
Ok ok.. tariffa
Sorry to disappoint you but I cannot do pure sandbox games, I do workflow walkthroughs so it needs to start and progress until the end. I don't mind small free roam events within a VN but that's about all I can cover with that style of walkthrough.

ok don't worry.. thanks to answer me.. anywere i think you do a great job

Reactions: MrBubu

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Walkthrough Update

Cheers,
Mr Bubu

Reactions: pelia and DrakaF

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
New Walkthrough

Hey everyone, here's my walkthrough for Projekt: Passion

Feel free to post suggestions for my next work.

Cheers,
Mr Bubu

Reactions: pelia

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Walkthrough Update

Cheers,
Mr Bubu

Reactions: pelia and Balu83

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
New Walkthrough

Hey everyone, here's my walkthrough for Juno's Task

Feel free to post suggestions for my next work.

Cheers,
Mr Bubu

S_Rodney

Jan 31, 2023
I really like the visual approach of your guides and also the listing of all the games variables and the values set with each choices you make... basically, If I have to choose between the "official guide" and yours... I always take yours...

Artemis, Being a DIK, Eternum, Good Girl Gone Bad (VERY USEFUL), Leap of Faith, Pale Carnations and Ripples... I've used 'em all and they're great.

My top preference for a new guide would be "Our Red String". The actual official guide (0.9) doesn't quite fit how 0.10 turned out... and, since the author is most likely Russian... let's say I'm not inclined in supporting him financially.

Other games I think would benefit from your guides : Summer's Gone, Where it all Began, Color of my Sound (fairly new game)

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
I really like the visual approach of your guides and also the listing of all the games variables and the values set with each choices you make... basically, If I have to choose between the "official guide" and yours... I always take yours...

Artemis, Being a DIK, Eternum, Good Girl Gone Bad (VERY USEFUL), Leap of Faith, Pale Carnations and Ripples... I've used 'em all and they're great.

My top preference for a new guide would be "Our Red String". The actual official guide (0.9) doesn't quite fit how 0.10 turned out... and, since the author is most likely Russian... let's say I'm not inclined in supporting him financially.

Other games I think would benefit from your guides : Summer's Gone, Where it all Began, Color of my Sound (fairly new game)
Thanks for your nice comments. It's always good to see other people enjoy the format as well.

And thanks for the suggestions, they were all on my list already (Renpy VN with good ratings). I don't really have any logic when I choose the next game, it depends what I feel like at that moment but having requests will surely bump them up on the list.

But Our Red String, I'm scared... GGGB was a lot of work, I really enjoyed the game but still, a lot of work.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Walkthrough Update

Cheers,
Mr Bubu

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
Thanks, I'm constantly improving my method but it still takes a bit of time, the secret is to use a tool that creates diagrams from plain text files, so I don't spend hours placing the boxes manually.
I was wondering what tool this was. I do cabin by the lake which has its own in game flowcharts. While I'm pretty good at them now I'm always interested in cutting that work down.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
I was wondering what tool this was. I do cabin by the lake which has its own in game flowcharts. While I'm pretty good at them now I'm always interested in cutting that work down.
I'm using PlantUML but there are many other tools out there.
Kroki is a wrapper around many tools, their web page is a good place to start looking, and then check each tool individually when you think you found the one you need.

1675572532746.png