EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
menu.png
Overview:
MUGEN is an open source 2d fighting game platform where the character possibilities are 'infinite'.

WHY choose MUGEN HYPER EDITION? Custom edits, compatibility, playability.
Features 275 stages, 116 victims, and 31 aggressors.
Highlights include custom Kuromaru Press edits and character collection, re-balanced aggressors, and playable arcade mode.
Check the developer notes for more details.​

Thread Updated: 2024-07-27
Release Date: 2024-07-27
Developer: HyperK2
Censored: No
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

M.U.G.E.N2024-07-2621-42-29-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif characterselect.png brian.png mino.png renamon.png press.png

Last edited by a moderator:

droveman

Apr 5, 2021
Thanks for the upload, showed it to some friends--but we ran into a snag

installation needs some polishing--there's couple things you have to tinker with to get it running

Here's what I had to do:
1) The 'Mugen Hyper Edition' Shortcut you're meant to use expects the thing to run at:
Code:
"F:\Games\MUGEN-HYPER-EDITION\DoNotUse.exe -r MMMBE"
Trying to run is as-is will produce an error looking for something in drive F:

Fixing it needed a change to wherever the main exe is:
Code:
G:\Downloads\MUGEN-HYPER-EDITION\DoNotUse.exe -r MMMBE
2) The select.def is also a mess. Following the errors that'll show up, two places have an extra , order=4 in them; i had to find and delete them:

Code:
TabasaFM, , order=4 , order=4

Spider-Gwen, , order=4 , order=4
into
Code:
Spider-Gwen, , order=4
TabasaFM, , order=4
hope this helped anyone with the same issue

cobrakey

Jan 10, 2022
Am I slow? im following the first set of instructions where i change the "F" and "Games" to a "G" and "Downloads" but i still cant use the shortcut.

Anadort

Sep 17, 2017
Am I slow? im following the first set of instructions where i change the "F" and "Games" to a "G" and "Downloads" but i still cant use the shortcut.
You need to change the path on the first guide to whatever directory the game actually is. Probably a "C:" drive if you don't have more than one storage and a single partition.

cobrakey

Jan 10, 2022
You need to change the path on the first guide to whatever directory the game actually is. Probably a "C:" drive if you don't have more than one storage and a single partition.
I have never been this lost before, could you show me a screenshot of the stuff i need to change? maybe highlight the correct one or something?

Erar

Jun 23, 2017
I feel like a dumbass but I can't figure out the second part of the guide, I tried to find and adjust the two Order 4 error but I can't see them in the file, I don't find TabasaFM or SpiderGwen either

Aligan

May 24, 2017
I feel like a dumbass but I can't figure out the second part of the guide, I tried to find and adjust the two Order 4 error but I can't see them in the file, I don't find TabasaFM or SpiderGwen either
This is the select.def file in the MMBE folder which in the data folder

Reactions: Erar and Bobbyboyy

Dull168

Jun 26, 2023
Thanks for the upload, showed it to some friends--but we ran into a snag

installation needs some polishing--there's couple things you have to tinker with to get it running

Here's what I had to do:
1) The 'Mugen Hyper Edition' Shortcut you're meant to use expects the thing to run at:
Code:
"F:\Games\MUGEN-HYPER-EDITION\DoNotUse.exe -r MMMBE"
Trying to run is as-is will produce an error looking for something in drive F:

Fixing it needed a change to wherever the main exe is:
Code:
G:\Downloads\MUGEN-HYPER-EDITION\DoNotUse.exe -r MMMBE
2) The select.def is also a mess. Following the errors that'll show up, two places have an extra , order=4 in them; i had to find and delete them:

Code:
TabasaFM, , order=4 , order=4

Spider-Gwen, , order=4 , order=4
into
Code:
Spider-Gwen, , order=4
TabasaFM, , order=4
hope this helped anyone with the same issue
How did you access the code in order to change it?

Suzano

Jun 27, 2017
As If someone cant host a single Select.def file already cleaned on Mega or something. Or better yet fix the upload itself. I did all the steps and nothing.