VN Ren'Py Abandoned Musicianship [v0.1.5] [LewdGameGuy]

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Not a bad beginning, I'd suggest removing the "minigame" as it doesn't really add anything to the overall experience. Not many characters at present so it is difficult to really form much of an opinion about anyone. I hope the MC is a more assertive individual, isn't shorter than all the women, and that we get to make decisions as to who he fucks.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
Eh... it could be your monitor because I worked on it while viewing it in HDR, but I can see where you're coming from.
It sounds like the problem is that you're using HDR lighting then saving to a format (PNG) that doesn't support HDR.

LewdGameGuy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
It sounds like the problem is that you're using HDR lighting then saving to a format (PNG) that doesn't support HDR.
The issue was just that the character material was too dark. I just hadn't noticed until someone pointed it out to me. I've already fixed all the renders of him and that will be reflected in a future update. You can see this fix in an updated preview image in the OP :).

LewdGameGuy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
I've decide to create a Patreon. You may support me if you wish, but I primarily intend to use it as a platform for posting free news and updates regarding the progress of my game. -Link added to OP.

maninx

Sep 11, 2018
Renders are great especially backgrounds could improve the character models i know its hard to sculpt models i'm sure you will improve given enough time since its a start but great work nonetheless
Story wise a generic start so i don't know what to expect but has potential if you guide it in the right direction
Also appreciate the fact that you doing this for fun or a have a knack for creating something of your own
Keep up the good work And Goodluck!

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Not a bad start could have done with maybe a little bit more was kind of expecting the MC to go to class before it ended seems a nice game and already out of pocket in terms of money on the first day :LOL: $100 for a tow though. The receptionist seemed friendly enough despite whatever is going on with her looking forward to meeting more of the girls.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Actually had no problem with her appearance so far. The new model is more detailed, but she looks imo older now (before ~25, now 40+). Both are fine to me, it depends on how old she should be in the game.
Musicianship_MrSmith.jpg

LewdGameGuy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Actually had no problem with her appearance so far. The new model is more detailed, but she looks imo older now (before ~25, now 40+). Both are fine to me, it depends on how old she should be in the game.
View attachment 899135
I think I realize now that the issue others expressed had more to do with her expression than how she was shaped. Either way though, I think it also heavily depends on lighting. I'll attach a render from the next update, that's using the exact same model from the second image, but she doesn't show as much age. I'd also like to use it as something of a plot element as well though. Like she's showing the physical signs of someone who's endured lot's of stress over the years, but you don't know why yet. That might be used to tie in a few ideas throughout her route.
day1-10kyliesoffice4.png

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
There wasn't any news some time now, game maybe dropped/abandoned?
(a pity. was a bit short but actually not a bad game start)

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Yes, it's a pity. The start was actually promising. A hint from the developer about whether the project will continue or not or maybe is on hold for some reasons would have been nice. But since there isn't any news here or on his patreon site for some time (nearly 3 months) this will get the abandoned tag in a few days anyway.

Sep 3, 2020
Yes, it's a pity. The start was actually promising. A hint from the developer about whether the project will continue or not or maybe is on hold for some reasons would have been nice. But since there isn't any news here or on his patreon site for some time (nearly 3 months) this will get the abandoned tag in a few days anyway.
yes and don't misunderstand I may not like harem but I do like that the harem make other people happy

it'is just not for me and in this game I wasn't forced to cheat on anybody

in this game I was just a guy looking for love

do you know how long I was looking for a game like this
fuck
:cry::cry:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
yes and don't misunderstand I may not like harem but I do like that the harem make other people happy

it'is just not for me and in this game I wasn't forced to cheat on anybody

in this game I was just a guy looking for love

do you know how long I was looking for a game like this
fuck
:cry::cry:
Yes, unfortunately there are only few (almost none) pure romance adult games without harem/cheating and so on. A quick alternative that comes to mind is My Boss' Daughter, but that's also in an early development stage. Maybe Hillside, but there isn't much lewd content so far (but I like the story, it's a bit like the movie "Bodyguard"). Or Rebirth, if you like a Vampire story (again, few lewd content so far).

Also maybe:
Halfway House (the "Emily Route", you can mostly avoid the other girls)
STWA - The Author (there you can also focus on one of the girls)
Young Again

Sep 3, 2020
Yes, unfortunately there are only few (almost none) pure romance adult games without harem/cheating and so on. A quick alternative that comes to mind is My Boss' Daughter, but that's also in an early development stage. Maybe Hillside, but there isn't much lewd content so far (but I like the story, it's a bit like the movie "Bodyguard"). Or Rebirth, if you like a Vampire story (again, few lewd content so far).

Also maybe:
Halfway House (the "Emily Route", you can mostly avoid the other girls)
STWA - The Author (there you can also focus on one of the girls)
Young Again
thank you so much
❤❤

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
thank you so much
❤❤
Become a Rock Star
Defending Lydia Collier
Intertwined
Sandstorm
Where the Heart Is
Melody
Life with Mary
Babysitter
Avalon
Retrieving the Past
My New Roommate
Rosie's Innocence
Twists of my Life

I'm pretty sure there are others in my collection that have that as well but I'm not 100% sure about them because I generally don't do that on games still in development. I'll pick my specific paths when they're done and I have all the info I need to make an informed decision on which paths to take.