PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
I liked Dirty Pool and Emily was one of my most favorite models ever, so definitely going to give this a try.

Edit: Played it. Story premise is interesting, renders are very good and there are idle animations. So best way to seal the deal, metaphorically and in game is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The guy is a moron, she says touch them and he misses completely going high and center not touching them at all.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
It's looking very promising
where do you put the rpa file? NVM, I placed it next to the archive.rpa and the "landlady" now tells the MC she is his mother. It was ok, the first run attempt, till I met the twins, and the dialogue became stupid in my mind. Neighbors that live with him...

Last edited:

alibaba34

Mar 11, 2018
My windows defender warned of a severe threat with this one. Something called Ymacco trojan. Dear dev, though I am inclined to believe that you don't have malicious intentions, you need to make sure that you are getting the correct software when you download the development work. These days, every software depends on a whole bunch of open source stuff so unfortunately we have no idea where a malicious actor can get into the software supply chain and manage to deliver a virus to an end user.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v1.0 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Reactions: Drall

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
My windows defender warned of a severe threat with this one. Something called Ymacco trojan. Dear dev, though I am inclined to believe that you don't have malicious intentions, you need to make sure that you are getting the correct software when you download the development work. These days, every software depends on a whole bunch of open source stuff so unfortunately we have no idea where a malicious actor can get into the software supply chain and manage to deliver a virus to an end user.
Stop spreading FUD. Even though RenPy and Python are open source, how exactly do you suggest Joe Random commit a HUGE chunk of malicious code somewhere and it would pass review and go unnoticed?

Jeez, I literally pointed it out 7 posts above:
People would rather believe a false positive, I'm afraid. You could download RenPy and Python source code, compile them yourself on an air-gapped machine with a clean Windows installation and it will still say the 32 bit version has a virus.

The silly part being that the 64 bit version is perfectly fine. Which is ridiculous, what would be the point of infecting only the 32 bit version with a virus? That probably not affect 98% of people who download the game and play the 64 bit version?
If the source was infected, whether RenPy or Python, it would affect both versions, 32 bit and 64 bit alike, since they would be compiled from the same source.

Again, what exactly do you get from infecting just the 32 bit version that's going to be played by maybe 5% of people who download the game?

Let me repeat what I said above:
You could download source code of RenPy and Python, compile them yourself on a clean Windows installation on an air-gapped machine and it will still say the 32 bit version has a virus.
Now explain how exactly would that be possible (other than a false positive) and why would open source be vulnerable to this.

Paldor

Sep 4, 2020
Hi everyone, this is my very first post. I really enjoy this game and always look for it in the recent update page of this forum. But since many of the renpy game creators have recently gone to the updated renpy creator software none of those updated games can be played on my windows laptop. I discovered a work around for some of the games by downloading the android version and running the game on the Bluestacks emulator. But unfortunately some games like this awesome one does not have an android version. Is there any advice from some of you techy smart posters here that could provide me with a work around to continue playing this great game? Or maybe a free IOS emulator you can recommend to me? I would hate to delete and remove this game all together considering it was one of my favorites to play. I hope this is not a repetitive question that is being asked and I apologize if it is. It isn't my intentions to make anyone angry for asking this. Thank you for any response.
I'm not techy smart, but every version of this game has so far got an inofficiell apk version.
So a little patience...

And unless your laptop runs on windows xp, my guess would be that the trouble has to do with graphics.

Ren'py.org writes this: " This release also raises the minimum requirements to run a Ren'Py game. It is now required that a user's computer have OpenGL 2, DirectX 9, OpenGL ES 2, or WebGL to run Ren'Py. The model-based renderer requires OpenGL ES 3 or WebGL 2. "

• Haha
Reactions: Thundas

Thundas

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
Hello Pirot King. First, I just want to say that this game of yours is pretty good. I really do enjoy the way you are putting it together story wise. Keep up the great job. I been doing some reading on this Renpy update issue. It appears that the new Renpy game creator software may need higher end graphics card to run it on windows. Perhaps it's something in the coding within the software, or something, I'm merely speculating from what I am hearing from other threads with multiple game creators using Renpy. It's a shame to be honest because on other operating system platforms the Renpy games are running fine without issue. Milky Touch for instance is another game I download and it recently had the same issue that your game had with the recent Renpy software update. It was unplayable with both 64 bit and 32 bit exe files not executing at all when clicking on them. So I decided to try an experiment downloading bluestacks which is an android emulator that allows you to play android games on a Windows PC. I loaded bluestacks on my laptop, which wasn't able to run the recent updated Renpy 64 and 32 exe. Then I downloaded the android version of the Milky Touch update game and it totally worked on my computer without any issue at all. I have no doubt that if you ran the previous version of the renpy game creator software before the update that your game would work without any issue at all for those who are currently having the issue of starting the new version of My Best Deal. Or if you create a version of it on android it would work too. Only windows versions appear to be affected by this issue. And only those versions not running the latest high end graphics gaming card. I unfortunately had to delete the game from my system because it doesn't work anymore on my laptop. If you had an android version I could at least continue enjoying this awesome game you have created. But unless you go back to the older version of Renpy before this current update of your game, or create an android version, I and a few fans of yours will not be able to play the game anymore. I hope this information helps some. Wish you continued success on your amazing game, unfortunately I will not be able to see it through to completion because of this issue.
The new renpy version dont support windows xp anymore if that is what you were using, also here is a quote from their site.

This release also raises the minimum requirements to run a Ren'Py game. It is now required that a user's computer have OpenGL 2, DirectX 9, OpenGL ES 2, or WebGL to run Ren'Py. The model-based renderer requires OpenGL ES 3 or WebGL 2.

Thundas

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
I'm not techy smart, but every version of this game has so far got an inofficiell apk version.
So a little patience...

And unless your laptop runs on windows xp, my guess would be that the trouble has to do with graphics.

Ren'py.org writes this: " This release also raises the minimum requirements to run a Ren'Py game. It is now required that a user's computer have OpenGL 2, DirectX 9, OpenGL ES 2, or WebGL to run Ren'Py. The model-based renderer requires OpenGL ES 3 or WebGL 2. "
Lol i didnt notice your post before i posted mine.

otakujo

Oct 3, 2020
i know anti virus can flip out on renpy but i got the newest version and they said i got 3 trojan.generickd report from the one game?

Reactions: CrinosAD

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Man I am seeing this in a lot of threads, people saying they are getting trojan alerts and the .exes not working. I haven't had any issues with any of these games.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
could be considered "rape" but for now will leave that tag off.
I just started playing this game and taskswapped to report the missing tag [rape]. Could you tell me why you left it off last year? This is not even grey area, it's rape as clear as anything.

CrinosAD

Aug 20, 2018
Adding to the Trojan run in the .exe file.
For me, it's reported as Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA5C
Report on VirusTotal:
Only one agent report this as malware (cynet)

CrinosAD

Aug 20, 2018
Hi guys! A lot of you have experienced a problem with My_Best_Deal-32.exe, there's been many messages claiming that it has virus in it. I think the root of this problem is the 7.4.0 update of renpy, people say it's a residual phenomenon of games written on renpy, and it looks like many devs have faced this problem once again. Either way, I'll try to fix this problem. I'll probably have to get rid of 32bit version of the game until most of antivirus softwares add this file to their database as false threat.
This post need to be highlighted!

Reactions: alibaba34

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I just started playing this game and taskswapped to report the missing tag [rape]. Could you tell me why you left it off last year? This is not even grey area, it's rape as clear as anything.
That was the last time I played and was waiting on more content to come out but never got around to playing again, if you think it is rape like I do then tag will be applied.

Reactions: Grimtown

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
That was the last time I played and was waiting on more content to come out but never got around to playing again, if you think it is rape like I do then tag will be applied.
Thank you. I just like going into games with rape scenes with seeing eyes. Or avoid them. Either way, thanks. :)(y)

3.80 star(s) 108 Votes