GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Indeed, the update was small, but we see story progression every update. There isn't a shit ton of useless dialogue like in other games. The renders are gorgeous, the girls are hot, and the story is pretty interested. Love it.

Reactions: Campfire84

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Should be English only? If you're using my mod and playing the game in English, but you start seeing Russian text, then that means something went wrong.
Well, not sure what's what but I used unren on your rpyc files and there's no English to be seen at all in any of the files. all russian... like mentioned by others,
So whatever happened, the 'autotranslation' seems to not be able to make sense of it and just shows the original language...
Furthermore, if I remove the mod files it's back to English

Doing a rollback on the last save the previous dialogue shows up in English, but if I then continue forward again I get this... (no idea where that comes from)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Translation nodes cannot be run directly.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "tl/english/d13.rpyc", line 2482, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2436, in execute
    raise Exception("Translation nodes cannot be run directly.")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
My Best Deal 1.5 1.5
Fri Dec 24 01:52:46 2021

Last edited:

myself

Sep 21, 2017
the game has a strange bug when u get to nonna i wanted to not use mind control but for some reason even when u choose to not use mind control it sends you to minds control option

STJay

Jan 12, 2020
Well, not sure what's what but I used unren on your rpyc files and there's no English to be seen at all in any of the files. all russian... like mentioned by others,
So whatever happened, the 'autotranslation' seems to not be able to make sense of it and just shows the original language...
Furthermore, if I remove the mod files it's back to English

Doing a rollback on the last save the previous dialogue shows up in English, but if I then continue forward again I get this... (no idea where that comes from)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "tl/english/d13.rpyc", line 2482, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2436, in execute
    raise Exception("Translation nodes cannot be run directly.")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
My Best Deal 1.5 1.5
Fri Dec 24 01:52:46 2021
The original files are all in Russian. I only had to make slight changes to English because the "autotranslate" should do the rest.
From my experience, the rpyc files definitely work if you just put them in the game folder and do NOT unren. I don't actually know how many people use unren like I do, but I'd assume that the majority of people who play these games don't bother diving into the code. Plus, since the original source code is in a different language, it's rather difficult to navigate.

I'll attach the original rpy that I like to use with unren to this post, and if that works for you I'll add it to the mod post.

My suggestion (and what I do to get them to work for me) would be to use unren to extract the rpa then rpyc of the original base game. After that, replace the base rpy with the rpy in the attached file. That has worked for me for every update.

Or, you can just use my original rpyc files and not unren the game.

And if none of these work for you, then I don't know what to do at that point.

Reactions: FaceCrap

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
From my experience, the rpyc files definitely work if you just put them in the game folder and do NOT unren.
I can confirm this method does indeed work

I'll attach the original rpy that I like to use with unren to this post, and if that works for you I'll add it to the mod post.
That does NOT work when just dropping in the .rpy files from the zip you attached... that leads to the same traceback I posted before.

My suggestion (and what I do to get them to work for me) would be to use unren to extract the rpa then rpyc of the original base game. After that, replace the base rpy with the rpy in the attached file. That has worked for me for every update.
No matter which version UnRen I use, I'm only getting some of the .rpy files and those that I do get have an .rpy~ extension.
the d2, d4, d5, d6, d7 .rpy files are missing but all of the .rpyc do get extracted.
Despite that, dropping in the rpy files you attached also works then

Or, you can just use my original rpyc files and not unren the game.
As said before, this does indeed work so I'll just stick to that for future releases instead of going all out on unpacking

So, conclusion... don't unren anything, just drop in the .rpyc files and go... must say this is the first time I run into this complication...
Although it doesn't really surprise me... the incest patch also only works if dropping in just the rpa file but doesn't if instead dropping in the extracted files.

Last edited:
Reactions: STJay

STJay

Jan 12, 2020
I can confirm this method does indeed work

That does NOT work when just dropping in the .rpy files from the zip you attached... that leads to the same traceback I posted before.

No matter which version UnRen I use, I'm only getting some of the .rpy files and those that I do get have an .rpy~ extension.
the d2, d4, d5, d6, d7 .rpy files are missing but all of the .rpyc do get extracted.

As said before, this does indeed work so I'll just stick to that for future releases instead of going all out on unpacking

So, conclusion... don't unren anything, just drop in the .rpyc files and go... must say this is the first time I run into this complication...
Although it doesn't really surprise me... the incest patch also only works if dropping in just the rpa file but doesn't if instead dropping in the extracted files.
Well, I don't know what everyone else uses unren for, but I only use it to make sure I absolutely don't miss any content within a game. I also use it to get a glimpse of what other routes will show. For a game like this, where the original script is in another language, there's almost no point for me to use unren other than modding. As a side-note, I almost just dropped the game when I noticed that the scripts were in Russian, but decided to power-through. This is the only game I play on this site where I've done this.

How the incest patch works, from what I've seen in the script, is that it will look to see whether you have the patch.rpa file in your game folder. The extracted files themselves have nothing on them.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Micro update after micro update...
Really only 82 renders as an actual update?!
Sadly :( , but let's not be too harsh with him, because in terms of little renders per update, F95 already has a King. His name is WonderGames, dev of Something Special = 15 new renders per update. He's the Thanos of short updates. LMAO.

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Sadly :( , but let's not be too harsh with him, because in terms of little renders per update, F95 already has a King. His name is WonderGames, dev of Something Special = 15 new renders per update. He's the Thanos of short updates. LMAO.
Yea but unlike him, PK's game is great except of tiny updates, thats acceptable if he have bi-weekly update cycle.

Reactions: Kakato

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well it was short update but atleast plot advanced bit and mc had sex once (or twice if played love route too).

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
.rpyc files are the compiled script where as .rpy are the decompiled files. After unpacking the .rpa files with UnRen, you can decompile the .rpyc files by choosing option 2 in UnRen.

The .rpy~ files are not being used dev probably does that to keep them as a backup I guess.

Reactions: FaceCrap

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
.rpyc files are the compiled script where as .rpy are the decompiled files. After unpacking the .rpa files with UnRen, you can decompile the .rpyc files by choosing option 2 in UnRen.

The .rpy~ files are not being used dev probably does that to keep them as a backup I guess.
Thanks for the explanation, but I am already comfortable decompiling .rpyc files (do that regularly), just never seen .rpy~ files.

MystrageX

Apr 24, 2020
I played 3hrs and no choice yet.
Is this game kinetic ??? if it is TAG IT!!!
you wasting people time with (if this is) !!!
and if not how long in is the intro? before any choice is in game ?
and do any of the choices have a effect on the game?

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I played 3hrs and no choice yet.
Is this game kinetic ??? if it is TAG IT!!!
you wasting people time with (if this is) !!!
and if not how long in is the intro? before any choice is in game ?
and do any of the choices have a effect on the game?
Since there is two paths you can go with different content, that choice alone negates kinetic imo.

Also there are choices for kink as well which kinetic vns do not give you...

3.80 star(s) 111 Votes