• Freya

• Klara

• Naomi

• Moon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Shouldn't she have a ring on her finger?
Most people don't wear their wedding rings around the house. In fact of all of my friends who've ever been married none of them ever wore their wedding ring unless they're dressing up for the night or w/e. I think it's a generational thing, cost of everything has gotten so high while wages have barely moved in the past few decades. Millennials don't wanna risk losing something as expensive as a gold ring when it represents so many more working hours than they did say 30 years ago.

Reactions: Kassan06969

rafa0606

May 7, 2021
Most people don't wear their wedding rings around the house. In fact of all of my friends who've ever been married none of them ever wore their wedding ring unless they're dressing up for the night or w/e. I think it's a generational thing, cost of everything has gotten so high while wages have barely moved in the past few decades. Millennials don't wanna risk losing something as expensive as a gold ring when it represents so many more working hours than they did say 30 years ago.
Here you just wear it all the time, and if you dont it would mean a crack in the marriage. My father was born with a condition, he doesn't have fingers, so to wear the wedding ring he wears the ring on a necklace, he doesn't take this necklace off for anything. I guess it depends on the culture

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
Maybe it's just the people you know. Wedding rings are meant to be worn all the time unless doing physical work, usually with mechanical tools that can accidentally grab onto the ring and rip your finger off. Now, engagement rings are usually not worn all the time. Probably less to do with the whole "we're not boomers" thing.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Maybe it's just the people you know. Wedding rings are meant to be worn all the time unless doing physical work, usually with mechanical tools that can accidentally grab onto the ring and rip your finger off. Now, engagement rings are usually not worn all the time. Probably less to do with the whole "we're not boomers" thing.
I know engagement rings aren't normally worn but that's just the same issue expanded to an even more expensive piece.
I come from a pretty wealthy province, lot of oil money so it's not like the average person is that poor. People my age almost never wear their wedding or engagement rings, just ain't worth the risk. Older millennials, gen Xers, boomers all wear their rings usually unless they're either cheating. Not one of my friends my own age ever just casually wore their rings though.

Maybe it's not the same everywhere but I don't think younger people really prioritize wearing their wedding ring like people used to. Personally I would refuse to even get a wedding ring or engagement ring or marry someone who insisted on either, it'd be too much of a conflict of principles. I don't want my money going to some god awful multinational mining company that gets rich off of killing poor people in the third world, that's a downright shitty symbol of love imo.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Maybe it's not the same everywhere but I don't think younger people really prioritize wearing their wedding ring like people used to. Personally I would refuse to even get a wedding ring or engagement ring or marry someone who insisted on either, it'd be too much of a conflict of principles. I don't want my money going to some god awful multinational mining company that gets rich off of killing poor people in the third world, that's a downright shitty symbol of love imo.
Every young person I know who is married still wears a wedding ring (unless for work reasons), so it is probably more of a culture thing.

A wedding/engagement ring does not need to be expensive (or even have any jewelry) in my opinion. As long as it looks nice and is durable, it should be fine. If the person you are proposing to insists on having a super expensive jewelry or he/she will not marry you, then he/she is probably not getting married for the right reasons.

Anyway, this is probably getting off topic.

Reactions: AlexaSky

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
I know engagement rings aren't normally worn but that's just the same issue expanded to an even more expensive piece.
I come from a pretty wealthy province, lot of oil money so it's not like the average person is that poor. People my age almost never wear their wedding or engagement rings, just ain't worth the risk. Older millennials, gen Xers, boomers all wear their rings usually unless they're either cheating. Not one of my friends my own age ever just casually wore their rings though.

Like another poster said, sounds more like a cultural thing. In America, most people will still wear their wedding ring at all times other than work reasons.

Engagement rings are the blood diamonds you're talking about. It's also a scam that was created by the diamond/jewelry industry back in like the 50s or around there. However, wedding rings are rather cheap in comparison. They don't need to be expensive because they're meant to be worn all the time. So it doesn't really matter if they get scuffed up and weathered.

Reactions: AlexaSky

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020

It was common to fuse the engagement ring with a matching wedding band back before for the woman.

It's more common for the couple to just wear the wedding band now rather than include the engagement ring.

Wedding bands are the still more the norm than not. It's probably not as expected to wear one but it's still the norm.

The biggest difference though, between generations, is the material used in the bands. It's become more common to see bands made out of things like Stainless Steel or Tungsten rather than just precious metals like Gold or Silver.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
It's gratifying to read all the comments and realize that I'm not the only one who wants to leave Shu in a sex coma with a permanent aheago face and gapping bussy.

Don't even need a full arc with him, just one long night of breaking him in and leaving him forever changed.

I want him to have PTSD flashbacks every time he sees a piston at work, or hears loud clapping, or eats a cream filled donut.

I think I might have a thing for femboys/trans girls...

4.20 star(s) 144 Votes