VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Daughter's Plaything [Ch. 1] [KimmiChan]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
I have to say I enjoyed this- it wasn't too terribly short and the Daughter was cute (in her own way)- she may not be the most attractive model, but not every daughter is a super model. :) I like the fact that she had realistic proportions.

The story and dialogue were well written. The best thing about this game- is that the Daughter is the one that starts initiating everything, this is nice change from 80-90% of the games out there where the Father is the one starts his young'un down the path of debauchery. :) It's good that someone recognizes that sometimes the Daughter needs some lovin' and she sets out to get it because SHE wants it. It was a nice change of pace for the Father to try (his very best) to maintain his moral high-ground, at first...but if you had her walking around in next to nothing, flaunting her body, teasing you, being extremely open about her sexuality, and having her speak that frankly about sex around you- how could you not give in to temptation? Also, it's a mutual lust that comes from the deep and intense love that they already have for one another- you got the sense of that just through their conversations and interactions.

I like this "bottle-episode", episodic type of story-telling. It's smaller, contained, and more intimate. I would be fine if they never left the apartment/house for the rest of the chapters, but I'm sure they'll go out on "dates" as the story progresses further- it's inevitable with these types of stories/games.

I am really looking forward to future updates and watching the progression of the relationship between these two blossom into something more and beautiful. Well done, Dev. You've made a pretty good start- keep up the good work.

P.S. I'm guessing the original character was named "Nicole"- there's a point in the story (when she's standing in front of the TV) where it refers to her as "Nicole".

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I think that every author of the game should be guided by the most successful projects in this area. Unfortunately, this project on the quality of the picture (it’s too early to talk about the plot) is not even close enough to the level of Dating my Daughter and Daughter For Dessert. The main character does not look seductive either, but this is only my subjective opinion. As a result, at this stage - fail. Next, we'll see.
The problem with your opinion is that new developers don't have the experience and probably not all the equipment as some of the more established dev's. I think that should be obvious.

KimmiChan

Nov 9, 2018
Thanks everyone for all the all the positive and constructive comments so far.
In regards to the quality of the renders, I will hold my hands up for that and up to a point agree. But in my defence could I just point out that :-
A. Just 2 months ago I had never even heard of DAZ 3D, let alone used it. So it has been a very steep learning curve for me and I'm sure over the next few chapters they will get better.
B. I really would prefer render in Iray rather than in 3Delight that I currently use. But my poor old laptop isn't up to the task and just one image rendered in Iray takes forever and a day.

Anyway, thanks to all again.:D

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
In regards to the quality of the renders, I will hold my hands up for that and up to a point agree. But in my defence could I just point out that :-
A. Just 2 months ago I had never even heard of DAZ 3D, let alone used it. So it has been a very steep learning curve for me and I'm sure over the next few chapters they will get better.
B. I really would prefer render in Iray rather than in 3Delight that I currently use. But my poor old laptop isn't up to the task and just one image rendered in Iray takes forever and a day.

You don't have to defend anything, keep up the good work.

Dipsode

Aug 12, 2017
(y)(y)(y)Not to say, I like it.
For the images, yes, there are better but there are also much worse. And if it's a first try, it'll probably get better.
For the text, and the story, there is not much better. It is realistic and very credible in a way. We immediately put ourselves in the father's shoes, it almost seems as if the author has really experienced this...:rolleyes:
I already regret that there are only 7 chapters planned:cry:

LewdWriter

Oct 11, 2018
Not to discourage the creator but just looked through the terms of Buy-Me-A-Coffee and they do not allow any adult content. I was hopeful this could be a place for creators to earn money that is not as restrictive but alas it doesn’t seem that way. Just wanted to give the creator a heads up. :)

Reactions: proximus

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017

assets can be bought, artists hired. the writing skills and your creativity determines how promising of a dev you are (along with bug fixing and coding). so don't get too worried about ya outdated graphics. especially, since it's ya very first game, ffs xD.

good luck becoming a good dev btw. if your game gets some meat on its bone, don't hesitate to hit me up and i will gladly be reviewing it (as i kinda love these sort of father-daughter games hrhrhr).

over the edge

Sep 3, 2018
oh lord what have we done.......On the verge of incest on this one,Why is mom gone and kid living with Dad I know kids now a well built compared to my yrs,growing up. most 16 look 18. or 18 look 20 at least the ones I see working. But you have 40 yr old teachers doing 14 yr olds? WTF. the Devil has taken over this planet. At least growing up,Sex was after getting married....not before.....well that was blown outta the water in the 60`s....and today it is worse than it has ever been. well that`s my 2 cents.

joeblow7314

Jul 25, 2017
I think that every author of the game should be guided by the most successful projects in this area.
If they all followed that advice, the "most successful projects" to which you refer would not exist, and everything would just be cookie-cutter rehashes of the first remotely successful entry in a genre. While I'm sure many would disagree (though perhaps not here...), this is all art, and therefore largely/entirely subjective. Please don't discourage artists/creators/developers from pursuing what they wish. There are too many carbon copies as it is... though of course, that's my own subjective opinion.

Reactions: Kyril87

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Very promising. Eagerly awaiting next Chapter.
As poster above mentioned, there might be a problem with Buy me a coffee payment system. They withheld lots of money from Mr. Dots who is author of DMD. He switched to Humble Bundle.

Reactions: pim0 and KimmiChan

Kyril87

Mar 29, 2018
Not to mention the misspelling in the title`s name.. Its daughterS playing there is no apostrophe ... BIGGEST SIN OF THEM ALL
Nope! The daughter (singular) owns the "plaything" and therefore takes a possessive apostrophe. The title is correct ... even if you read the title as "playing," because then it could be a contraction and still require an apostrophe.

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
Nope! The daughter (singular) owns the "plaything" and therefore takes a possessive apostrophe. The title is correct ... even if you read the title as "playing," because then it would be a contraction and still require an apostrophe.
Now that just doesnt make any sense.. How can a person posses a "plaything"

Kyril87

Mar 29, 2018
Now that just doesnt make any sense.. How can a person posses a "plaything"
One possesses a "plaything" the same way one possesses a cat or hammer or any other noun. This is basic English. (Incidentally, it's "doesn't" and "possess".)

When you consider the mediocre English (or 'Engrish') of most games, it's not a good idea to pressure the developers to lower their standards even more. Anyway, I've had enough of this casuistry and am ducking out.

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes