Heart of the Keyforge One Hand Clapping
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
title.jpg
Updated: 2023-15-17
Game: My Dorm by TropecitaGames | f95zone
Modder: RiamMar | F95zone
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My Dorm — Part 2
When you play My Dorm Part 2, you will find that all my code is already in the game.
There's no mod needed anymore. I will keep this thread "open" for now, until the code remaster of Part 1 is done.

To patch the content for family relations:
  • create an empty txt file an name it patch.txt in the game folder or
  • extract the and copy the content into the game folder​
Where are the Decisions in Part 2?
Starting with v0.14, there's a "Profiles" option in the quick menu. It should also be accessible via the hotkey "p".
2023-12-15 05_55_13-My Dorm.jpg

Part 2 fixes for v0.14+:
Patches are cumulative, you only have to download the latest one for each version.
  • 2023-12-17 — Fixed missing toggles for Erika

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I dont understand, which files do we need to remove?

in MyDorm/game/mods/RiamMar i only have init.rpy and translations.rpy

And do we need to apply the normal incest patch then?

• Haha
Reactions: Belzeebub

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I dont understand, which files do we need to remove?

in MyDorm/game/mods/RiamMar i only have init.rpy and translations.rpy

And do we need to apply the normal incest patch then?
If you have the game, as it is, and download my mod, just extract it and put it in the game directory.

Only the MyDorm/game/mods/RiamMar/family.rpy(c) needs to be removed, if it's present from mini mod version 0.5. It probably wouldn't make problems, but you never know.

From your description, it sounds like everything is fine as it is.
You do not need the "normal" patch.

Edit: Removed the info about "remove old patch" to avoid confusion. Sorry for that.

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
If you have the game, as it is, and download my mod, just extract it and put it in the game directory.

Only the MyDorm/game/mods/RiamMar/family.rpy(c) needs to be removed, if it's present from mini mod version 0.5. It probably wouldn't make problems, but you never know.

From your description, it sounds like everything is fine as it is.
You do not need the "normal" patch.

Edit: Removed the info about "remove old patch" to avoid confusion. Sorry for that.
Ok, thanks

Reactions: RiamMar

Lobo420

Jun 28, 2020
i noticed in the first Screenshot there is 3 options to enable, the Family Patch, Pregnancy, & the walkthrough but in my game the pregnancy option in missing is there another mod i need to install to add it?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
There is actually a choice to be made in-game to enable/disable pregnancy (v0.5 content, iirc).
If you haven't had to make that choice yet, everything is working as intended.

Lobo420

Jun 28, 2020
There is actually a choice to be made in-game to enable/disable pregnancy (v0.5 content, iirc).
If you haven't had to make that choice yet, everything is working as intended.

have not made it that far yet it seems, i just started the game today & just finished the welcome party with the girls at the twins.

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Hi, just wanted to clarify, I'm starting a new game and installed the mod but looking at the question asked earlier, do I not need to worry about installing the patch? Also, does this mod include highlighted choices by any chance? If so, I'm dumb and must have installed the whole thing wrong.

Last edited:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Heyho! Sorry for the delayed reply... Timezones... 6:30am right now. :D

I'm starting a new game and installed the mod but looking at the question asked earlier, do I not need to worry about installing the patch?
If you use this mod, you don't need the patch. Just switch the option in the Decisions > General Settings tab.

Also, does this mod include highlighted choices by any chance?
The Walkthrough is included in the game and you should have been asked at the begging to play with or without. Either way, there is an option to activate/deactivated the Walkthrough in the Decisions > General Settings tab.
Not every choice has the hint system yet, since some choices are either of minor important or just for flavour.
The first choice with a hint should be, when you're going to watch a movie on TV with Martha. That's pretty late imho, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Lumi24

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
That's a good idea. I'll have a look at it when I'm done with the mod I'm currently working on.
Maybe I get it done for the next public release, but no promises.

Edited edit: Probably Definitely something for v0.8, since 0.7B could already will go public at the end of next week.

Last edited:

Cha0sCobra

Mar 24, 2018
i have a question does the walkthrough make the choices to be highlighted in green or it's just help it just writes additional info on important choices ?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
The mod doesn't have a walkthrough. It's "just" the choice switches in the menu and the nicest version of the game.
The in-game walkthrough from the dev just adds info about the choice in brackets behind the choice itself, without further highlighting.
I may add an option to add highlighting/formatting to the dev's walkthrough in a future version.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Heh, I like your mind!
Won't get any more intrusive as it is now. But there is something intrusive coming soon, that will make a lot of people really happy. At least I hope so.

I wont spoil anything, though. So keep your eyes open for updates in the future. :D