FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
I'll just be completely honest, I don't like how maledom and femdom, dom/sub relationships, and BDSM in general is represented and categorized in these games. It's not very often that I find a game, that I believe implements these fetishes in a way that respects the BDSM fetish umbrella as a whole with respect or care. I tend to agree with Motseer in the sense that, femdom doesn't really make sense in this game, the MC has never displayed anything remotely resembling a submissive personality. And in harem games in general, the femdom kink usually feels out of place, when the MC is the recipient at least.

I also can't stand when I see BDSM, and adjacent kinks being discussed as if they are this negative, evil thing, it really irks me. Just like any other fetish and/or group of kinks, when done with consent, enjoyment from both parties, and respect for the other person's boundaries, there's nothing evil, or inherently wrong about it. Yet, I often times see BDSM and adjacent fetishes/kinks, being discussed as if it's this icky, yucky thing, that people are afraid of or disgusted by. (Basically kink shaming tbh)

I'm not pointing at anyone in particular (it's more of a general observation), and I don't fault you trop for wanting to experiment with your game, and implement certain fetishes/kinks, even if you aren't particularly into them yourself. It's your game after all, and I always applaud devs for making the game they want to make. In fact, it irks me when people try to tell devs how to make their games. I encourage you to keep learning and improving on your game, and making it the way you want to trop, it's been an enjoyable ride thus far. I'm looking forward to seeing where the next update, and beyond, takes us.

Oh, and that scene with Meemaw at the doctor's office was damn funny at times, she was so over it. :ROFLMAO:
If this is aimed at me and to my views on the subject, I admit. Every time I see someone being slapped, bound and gagged, being treated as I wouldn't treat an animal, insulted, forced to near asphyxiation, or any of the other MANY stupidities, I don't see ANYTHING that reads as "Pleasure", that reads as "Exciting", that reads as "Respect".

On the contrary. It represents ALL that I don't want in a sexual experience. If you think this is kink-shaming, so be it.

I don't read "Pain" (either physical or Psychological) as "Pleasure". Never have. Never will. Do with that what you want.

Peace :mad:

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
If this is aimed at me and to my views on the subject, I admit. Every time I see someone being slapped, bound and gagged, being treated as I wouldn't treat an animal, insulted, forced to near asphyxiation, or any of the other MANY stupidities, I don't see ANYTHING that reads as "Pleasure", that reads as "Exciting", that reads as "Respect".

On the contrary. It represents ALL that I don't want in a sexual experience. If you think this is kink-shaming, so be it.

I don't read "Pain" (either physical or Psychological) as "Pleasure". Never have. Never will. Do with that what you want.

I'm not pointing at anyone in particular (it's more of a general observation)
It wasn't, and I don't think your feelings on the matter are invalid in any way. I was just doing another one of my rants.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
So THAT's why you gave up on adding Sophie to the potentials ...
View attachment 3517500
I'm trying to remember her, but apparently didn't take any screenshots...:(

Just add him to your list - it has made my experiences around here much better.

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
It wasn't, and I don't think your feelings on the matter are invalid in any way. I was just doing another one of my rants.
It's not kink shaming so long as you're not judging other for being into it.
You saying you're not into it and don't like even the thought of it is fine, but saying no one should be into it and degrading those who are, is kink shaming.
Thanks.

I'm sorry if I over-reacted, it is something that being in this site, has been making me extremely sensitive too. I have always had a particular dislike for that type of things. But, I was perfectly capable to NOT even think about it and go on with my life as if it truly didn't exist.

Since being here, it is an almost daily barrage of non-stop aggression. Almost every game includes a scene or more of people hitting each other, slapping, gagging etc... I feel continuously triggered. So, I have started to react, to over-react and to pre-react.

I have no longer any tolerance. Even a hint (that would go away with a sporadic use of CTRL) is now enough to make me TAB and potentially lose most of the story. A post that I could pretend I didn't read, now feels like an attack.

I try to keep myself in check, I try to be respectful, not to the kink (fuck that) but to those that have it and are still sane about it. But, the over abundance of people that, apparently, live or pretend to live in a state of permanent and continuous abuse to their partners, or, want games that are like that, or, want people to see them as abusers, as been making me be permanently on edge.

I CAN'T understand, respect or even pretend to respect anyone that actively and purposefully wants to hurt, degrade or demean another person and derive sexual gratification from it. I can't. Not anymore. When I started here in 2022, I could pretend that that was a fringe minority with no real bearing. Not anymore. Here, it seems that 6 out 10 people are (or want to role-play as) abusers. I never know if someone that seems rational and sane in many conversations, doesn't in the next second, start to defend their right to be sexually gratificated by beating someone to near death in a game, just for the sake of it... just because... and justify it because "they wanted it". Or worse, so much worse, so, so, so much worse.

Slowly, but surely, the exposure to these "kinks" has been making me gain a profound HATE for Sadists and a profound disgust for submissives. I no longer start to play games that include any of the Tags related to this type of thing. I block them and sent them to the ignore pile. I simply can't stand it anymore. I can't even play My Dorm now? GH? As this fucking Kink a right to BE in EVERY fucking game? Is really this that it is NOW considered Sex? Being a fucking asshole to the person/persons you purport to Love? Treating them worse than cattle? Is this how people want to be treated by their loved ones? Is this how nowadays people relate to each other? With violence? With humiliation? By causing Pain?

Is it really THAT relevant that in each and every fucking game, people NEED to see someone being HURT, ABUSED, RAPED, BEATEN, ASPHYXIATED, HUMILIATED? Because those 6 out of 10 maniacs that feel completely overwhelmed in their daily lives and need an escape by role-playing a rapist, are the ONLY demographic that matters anymore?

Can't no one else see the Paradox of Tolerance in effect here?

(...) I deleted 5 paragraphs here.

Peace :(

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I never know if someone that seems rational and sane in many conversations, doesn't in the next second, start to defend their right to be sexually gratificated by beating someone to near death in a game
To me, this has nothing to do with BDSM, and it surely doesn't represent the majority of D/S relationships. Tags like Rape, graphic (domestic) violence , blackmail, etc... these tags are deplorable to me as well, and have nothing to do with the actual fetish and most of the related fetishes. The people who like games like "Rapture" or anything similar to that, I definitely can't relate to, and that game to me, is very disturbing.

I'm only talking about actual BDSM, and actual consensual D/S relationships. Not abusive relationships, or abusive relationships hiding behind the guise of BDSM. People can't seem to separate fetish/kink, and abuse, which is the thing that irks me. I myself am not into the pain focused or degrading aspects of BDSM, I'm more so into the roleplaying and Domination/Submission aspect of it, and a lot of it is mental, not even physical for me. It's something I only enjoy with a partner who enjoys it fully with me.

Anyways, I understand your point of view, but I feel like you're mostly talking about extremes, and are letting your emotions dictate your view on actual fetishes that can be perfectly healthy for some people. I myself don't understand some people's fetishes, probably never will, but I try my best to keep it to myself.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm trying to remember her, but apparently didn't take any screenshots...:(
My memory is a fairly generic if pretty blond (?) try-hard that cuts our hair, and that was it. She flirted, mom laughed, building exploded, we went home.

I can't even remember what I'm trying to reference in that joke ...

• Haha
Reactions: TropecitaGames

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
My memory is a fairly generic if pretty blond (?) try-hard that cuts our hair, and that was it. She flirted, mom laughed, building exploded, we went home.

I can't even remember what I'm trying to reference in that joke ...
Well, I'm certainly at a loss as well. :LOL:

I tried trolling through image files a bit, but I don't even know what chapter/release I'd be looking for.

Reactions: TropecitaGames

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
I'm only talking about actual BDSM, and actual consensual D/S relationships.
Then I don't know what you mean, because anything in that category, to me, is has remote to sanity has possible. On either side. Either liking to dominate or liking to be dominated, doesn't equate to rationality in my mind. It may equate to many other things, but none of them rational or even healthy.

You do you. I really don't care, what you do to anyone that is your willing partner. It is NOT part of my life. Couldn't care less.

But, when people crossover from THEIR lives into mine, via this games, that is my business. When a game like My Dorm, where even if a bit nuts, no one is mean to others (except the obvious BAD guys that are treated as so) leans into a relationship where either the MC is abused by an half-pint wisp of a woman, or, abuses her, then it is my business. There's NO POINT, of that being here. It does NOT belong.

It now makes that My Dorm HAS to carry a Tag to attract and involve maniacs looking for THAT type of content, that will not be satisfied by a meek attempt to lean that way. To me, and I have to be extremely clear here, TO ME, this was a very bad decision by Tropecita. It now paints this game has ANOTHER one where people that want to abuse others have a place.

It now makes that, by the filters I use NOW, My Dorm never shows up on my Last Updates page, the same with GH. Because a couple scenes that I have never seen, or want to, were made to please people that thrive on hurting others. If this isn't conducive to be upset, maybe I really am in the wrong place.

I really don't know how you can defend that type of behavior. I really can't understand. This is not rhetoric. I truly am unable to understand. But, as long as it is kept far from me, cool. This, though, doesn't seem to be what happens.

Peace :(

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
It now makes that, by the filters I use NOW, My Dorm never shows up on my Last Updates page, the same with GH. Because a couple scenes that I have never seen, or want to, were made to please people that thrive on hurting others. If this isn't conducive to be upset, maybe I really am in the wrong place.
And it's your choice to use those filters for what's often optional content you wouldn't have seen anyways. You don't have to get it but there's really no need to be so judgmental over it. I'm not into heavy domination but there's dynamics to it. If you're into that then that means that either you or your partner trust the other to respect certain boundaries, it means the dominant one has to respect those boundaries. That requires a higher standard of consent and communication than a typical vanilla relationship does which fosters a closer sense of intimacy. It's not for me but there's no need to project abuse into what can often be a very close and loving relationship just because it's not for you.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes