TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I love the use of facial expressions for the girls in this vn. It adds so much to the conversations.(y)
I do find them ... very expressive.
Too much at times, it is like watching a pantomime performance occasionally.
I only can say that this is an example of different tastes over the same issue.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
The story is ... easy at first glance but I'd take a wager it is pretty ... fucked up and convoluted ...

Like the dad took out multiple loans from drug lords and/or the mafia before vanishing or some crap like that.

Reactions: TropecitaGames

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
So uhh its my first time playing and umm I
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
confusion intensefies

PS
. No need to clarify just yeah didn't see that coming
As Brannon says, there are factions moving in the dark with their own agenda, unbeknownst to the characters.

The story is ... easy at first glance but I'd take a wager it is pretty ... fucked up and convoluted ...

Like the dad took out multiple loans from drug lords and/or the mafia before vanishing or some crap like that.
That was my intention when I started writing the story: it would seem like just the story of a lucky guy creating his harem, but there would be more going on in the world without him knowing about it.
Considering he's not the smartest guy and he has less data than you guys, it has to be even more of a surprise to him than it will be to the players when it all comes out. At least you guys know there's more to it.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
To be fair it is .. unlikely a plot twist in a story can fully surprise me.
Unless it completely comes out of left park and has had not the slightest indication previously. Surprising but .. not good writing style. Like old Agatha Christie books where the murderer is first mentioned, introduced and convicted on the last 3 pages.

Sadly a few beginning writers fall into that trap.
Or more to the point jump in head first ..

No indication of that happening here, though.
Keeping secrets but hinting towards the reader/player that there are secrets is good writing style.

keimag

May 8, 2017
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but for some reason it's really annoying. Cuckolding does not equal cheating (talking about the situation with Jack and Erika), the whole point of being cucked is a man who enjoys and is sexually aroused by seeing his partner having sex with someone else, usually while the man is being verbally abused as a lesser lover.

So maybe go back and change cuckolding to cheating when talking about Jack cheating on Erika?

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but for some reason it's really annoying. Cuckolding does not equal cheating (talking about the situation with Jack and Erika), the whole point of being cucked is a man who enjoys and is sexually aroused by seeing his partner having sex with someone else, usually while the man is being verbally abused as a lesser lover.

So maybe go back and change cuckolding to cheating when talking about Jack cheating on Erika?
Thanks for the clarification keimag. In Spanish, we have also the word "cuco" which means being cheated on, aside from the sense you've told, and by etymology, I thought in English was applicable too. I'll correct it on 0.7B

Reactions: myukimo

Shainai

Aug 24, 2022
Just started playing this and found myself in almost tears at laughter and I assume I haven't even gotten that far. Just finished the scene of buying Samantha's dress.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Thanks for the clarification keimag. In Spanish, we have also the word "cuco" which means being cheated on, aside from the sense you've told, and by etymology, I thought in English was applicable too. I'll correct it on 0.7B
It's not as simple as that user makes it, either. The term is absolutely used in English in a pejorative sense to refer to a man who has been cheated on, whether willing or unwilling, and whether knowing or unknowing. The concept of "being cuckolded" has always been about being cheated on, and only the more recent voluntary cuckolding kink matches that person's description.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Just started playing this and found myself in almost tears at laughter and I assume I haven't even gotten that far. Just finished the scene of buying Samantha's dress.
You are at one-third of the (publicly released) game approximately. The characters live a (seemingly) happy life, so there are a lot of (bad) jokes in their conversations. Also, the situations in which the poor MC gets, most of them unwillingly, are somewhat bizarre, and sometimes based on my own experiences as the Twins situation with the two guys, in my case, they were three (And no, I don't have a harem. QC Department doesn't allow me to have one)
Have you renamed Mom(Martha) to Samantha or is it a typo? If you did, you will have some weird conversations as there is another character called Samantha. Imagine (original) Samantha talking about (renamed) Samantha. Add my poor English to the mix and you are destined for a brain implosion.

It's not as simple as that user makes it, either. The term is absolutely used in English in a pejorative sense to refer to a man who has been cheated on, whether willing or unwilling, and whether knowing or unknowing. The concept of "being cuckolded" has always been about being cheated on, and only the more recent voluntary cuckolding kink matches that person's description.
I just woke up and looked it up in the Cambridge dictionary, and you (we) are right. It can be used both ways just as I initially thought.
Since it is only used twice in the whole text, and to avoid confusion (enough confusion my poor English creates) I will change the expression in those two instances.
Thanks Tiur and keimag for helping me improve My Dorm

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Ya ...español de la vieja escuela .Me gusta tu sentido del humor ;) .
But Spanish is not my mother tongue although you also learn something and I would bet something that you are the age of my uncles about 50 years for their jokes. I hope I am not wrong and continue with this excellent game :)

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Ya ...español de la vieja escuela .Me gusta tu sentido del humor ;) .
But Spanish is not my mother tongue although you also learn something and I would bet something that you are the age of my uncles about 50 years for their jokes. I hope I am not wrong and continue with this excellent game :)
Just made 50 this week (there's a post about it and a non-canon image of Martha in the spoiler section), so you guessed right!
The idea for this game is for it to have a long run, as there are a lot of stories to tell. I have outlined up to 0.12 and a sketch up to 0.15. And that's about half of the story I currently have in mind.

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Just made 50 this week (there's a post about it and a non-canon image of Martha in the spoiler section), so you guessed right!
The idea for this game is for it to have a long run, as there are a lot of stories to tell. I have outlined up to 0.12 and a sketch up to 0.15. And that's about half of the story I currently have in mind.
I recently saw that comment, and it is excellent that you have already thought about a medium-long term, with updates every two months, this game is going to gain a good reputation. As long as you don't go to the dark side (NTR) I hate it.
And don't make spoilers of your own game either, I haven't played version 0.6 yet and 0.7 is almost here :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
And feliz cumpleaños con retraso ;)
Estamos en fiestas coño vete a descansar un día :ROFLMAO:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I recently saw that comment, and it is excellent that you have already thought about a medium-long term, with updates every two months, this game is going to gain a good reputation. As long as you don't go to the dark side (NTR) I hate it.
And don't make spoilers of your own game either, I haven't played version 0.6 yet and 0.7 is almost here :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
And feliz cumpleaños con retraso ;)
Just published 0.7A here (0.7B will be published on Patreon and Subscribestar this week if all goes well).
The updates are monthly, not every two months, and even some months have a couple of updates (August and October had them, and I also plan it for December and February), so 16 updates in the first 12 months if all goes as it should.
NTR in My Dorm world only means New Teacher Room for Daphne; you know she's so innocent... (or not)
There won't be NTR or Sharing (with another male) in My Dorm. I promised it on Release day and I am bound by my own word.

Last edited:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
You honestly expect an incest patch to work with completely new dialogue in a game update that was released under an hour ago?

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
You honestly expect an incest patch to work with completely new dialogue in a game update that was released under an hour ago?
Yeah, the patch here looks like it is only activating the incest, that is already written in the game. Or at least it should, but somehow it doesn't seem to work in this 0.7a update.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Is it just me or is the patch not loading properly? Why am I getting these references to clones and Maria and Norah talking about "practically" being mom and aunt?
Yeah, the patch here looks like it is only activating the incest, that is already written in the game. Or at least it should, but somehow it doesn't seem to work in this 0.7a update.
Yes, the patch is universal, you can download it only once, but has to be applied before loading the previous version save, as in every update the game checks for it.

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes