myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Just published 0.7A here (0.7B will be published on Patreon and Subscribestar this week if all goes well).
The updates are monthly, not every two months, and even some months have a couple of updates (August and October had them, and I also plan it for December and February), so 16 updates per year if all goes well.
NTR in My Dorm world only means New Teacher Room for Daphne; you know she's so innocent... (or not)
There won't be NTR or Sharing (with another male) in My Dorm. I promised it on Release day and I am bound by my own word.
Patreon or steam I prefer. But my salary has a limit on November 10, I'll do the numbers. And I had just downloaded version 0.6. And for now I'm not going to rate your game for a reason that only we Spaniards understand from another point of view "typical Spanish" you're going to have to silence many voices and earn their hearts. Deactivate alerts from your mobile and rest with a good beer in family ;) .Mañana es día festivo y al menos para mi el 1 de noviembre es un día familiar ;)

Reactions: TropecitaGames

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Yes, the patch is universal, you can download it only once, but has to be applied before loading the previous version save, as in every update the game checks for it.
Hm, I started a new playthrough and there the patch works. But it didn't work when I tried to continue my save from the last update. How odd...

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Hm, I started a new playthrough and there the patch works. But it didn't work when I tried to continue my save from the last update. How odd...
It's weird, the first thing the update does is check the patch.
1667241925475.png
That's why it should be applied before loading the game.
Let's see if anyone else has the same problem. I tried to reproduce it and it's working well on my computer (I know it's the worst excuse a dev can make)

• Haha
Reactions: sakuyas_mmaster

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
My Dorm [v0.7A.0a] [Tropecita Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 1,92 GB / 669 MB - MyDorm-v0.7A.0a-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 1,91 GB / 661 MB - MyDorm-v0.7A.0a-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,90 GB / 652 MB - MyDorm-v0.7A.0a-mac-crunched.zip
= ~34,8% of the original size, image/video quality 80%/90%

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I'm cursed with the latest games and updates reporting system. It's been almost 22 hours since I reported the update for it to show up and it still hasn't. It's not the first time it's happened and I'm not able to understand why.
It doesn't make sense to work so hard to deliver a Halloween update for the players and F95 doesn't inform you about it. At this rate, you will be informed by Christmas.
My sincere apologies for the delay in the report, even though it is not something that depends on me.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I'm cursed with the latest games and updates reporting system. It's been almost 22 hours since I reported the update for it to show up and it still hasn't. It's not the first time it's happened and I'm not able to understand why.
It doesn't make sense to work so hard to deliver a Halloween update for the players and F95 doesn't inform you about it. At this rate, you will be informed by Christmas.
My sincere apologies for the delay in the report, even though it is not something that depends on me.
That is not good.
Of coure I am watching this thread(and many others too)and I always get the info when a new update will come.

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Do you have contact with an administrator? Monroe or UncleVT are good at helping and UncleVT speaks Spanish, N7 is also good at helping but has a lot of work, I don't know the other moderators.
I know that putting a game in new updates takes its time and some games take up to three days to appear. Because of problems with certain games that I don't want to name but everyone knows what games they are. In short, if you have help from an administrator and talk to him the day before, it is easier to solve these types of problems.
Do not beat yourself up;). All the games that are updated in a developer way have the same thing happen to them.
It sucks because you had put an illusion on it so that some players could have enjoyed this mini-event but, Remember what we talked about yesterday that I downloaded version 0.6 and five minutes later if you don't get to say that version 0.7 was already available I don't even know.
And yes, this is my secondary account, I am no longer a moderator :cautious::censored:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
That is not good.
Of course, I am watching this thread(and many others too)and I always get the info when a new update will come.
As it's not the first time this happens, I post when I update so at least the people watching the thread get a notification, but it's frustrating.

Do you have contact with an administrator? Monroe or UncleVT are good at helping and UncleVT speaks Spanish, N7 is also good at helping but has a lot of work, I don't know the other moderators.
I know that putting a game in new updates takes its time and some games take up to three days to appear. Because of problems with certain games that I don't want to name but everyone knows what games they are. In short, if you have help from an administrator and talk to him the day before, it is easier to solve these types of problems.
Do not beat yourself up;). All the games that are updated in a developer way have the same thing happen to them.
It sucks because you had put an illusion on it so that some players could have enjoyed this mini-event but, Remember what we talked about yesterday that I downloaded version 0.6 and five minutes later if you don't get to say that version 0.7 was already available I don't even know.
And yes, this is my secondary account, I am no longer a moderator :cautious::censored:
No, I don't have contact with admins. The three previous times it has happened (May, June, and August updates) I opened a ticket about it and it was solved some days later, and I prefer talking with the staff in English, so there isn't any misunderstanding.
I don't know what other games you are talking about, as I'm relatively new in this community and I only follow this thread, so I don't know what problems other games have. Perhaps is only a manpower problem and they have too much work.
It sucks because I worked hard to get an update ready in 12 days so everyone could play it on a real-world date. I even shortened the time between the latest patrons having it and the free publication so the players could enjoy it. And the players can't enjoy it because they aren't aware if they aren't watching this thread. Having the players informed about a Halloween update on New Year's Eve hasn't any sense.
The problem is that the Last Games publication is not consistent. Some updates have appeared immediately, while others have taken several days (and have appeared only after a ticket) or have not appeared at all. If someone tells the developers "The process takes 3 days", we'll make sure we have the game 3 days earlier. In my case, I would have to publish it here even before the lowest tier patrons had it, but since nobody would know about it until 3 days later there would be no problem. But if I publish it 3 days before and they inform immediately, I would be offending my patrons.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hmmm... Didn't see any of this threads notifications... Last few days were hectic... Downloading and updating mod.

Edit 2022-11-01:
Looks like there's only one choice with impact on my mod and that is already covered, since I only have early routes so far.
Correct me if I'm wrong TropecitaGames, but there is no mod update needed.
Make sure the Family Patch is activated before starting the new content. (Last 0.6a content, iirc: Going to bed with Emm and Martha)

Edit2 2022-11-01:
There's one variable that may have future impact, but could as well be "just in case". It has no use for 0.7a and I will update it for when that changes or next version needs an update.

Edit 2022-11-03: Made a separate thread to keep mod support out of game thread.

Last edited:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Hmmm... Didn't see any of this threads notifications... Last few days were hectic... Downloading and updating mod.

Edit 2022-11-01:
Looks like there's only one choice with impact on my mod and that is already covered, since I only have early routes so far.
Correct me if I'm wrong TropecitaGames, but there is no mod update needed.
Make sure the Family Patch is activated before starting the new content. (Last 0.6a content, iirc: Going to bed with Emm and Martha)
Exactly, there aren't choices in this update, as the MC reaps the fruit of his previous choices. That will be balanced out in 0.7B, which has a few interesting choices.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
is there an update of the mod to .7
There's no update needed for 0.7a.
Make sure the "Family Patch" says "On" before continuing your saved game, if that's your thing. :)
2022-11-01 19_48_39-My Dorm.jpg

Next version will get an update and cover the additional variable that has no impact yet (late route reject).

Edit:
Just checked the Family Patch in my mod. If one doesn't have the other patch installed, my mod will be able to switch the family content mid-game-version. It cannot switch the dialogue branch one is currently in, but, unlike the other patch, it will trigger with the next family check and dialogue branching.
For savegame comptibility reasons, my mod cannot deactivate the family content, if the other patch is installed as well. There is a backup file in my MEGA folder to unpatch the other patch!

Edit 2022-11-03: Made a separate thread to keep mod support out of game thread.

Last edited:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
It's weird, the first thing the update does is check the patch.
View attachment 2137394
That's why it should be applied before loading the game.
Let's see if anyone else has the same problem. I tried to reproduce it and it's working well on my computer (I know it's the worst excuse a dev can make)
Well the in___t patch works with no issues with the latest update. (I loaded a save from the previous update, which originally was patched from the start of this excellent story with the I-patch.)

I also regularly use the "0x52_URM" tool to see what's behind the all my renpy story choices, and the image I posted shows the patch worked as it's suppose to.

screenshot0002.png

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Any chance of a compressed android?
I already publish 5 versions of the game (Win, Mac, Linux, Android, and Android pre-patched) all of them with the images at 95% quality compression. If I were to publish a compressed version, there would be a couple of problems:
* How much compression? There are out there, as Allan Trumbull found out (thanks Allan), compressed versions at several rates. If I compress it at 30% (for example) it would look like shit on devices with a big screen (7" or more), and if I do it at 70% the size doesn't go down enough to justify it.
* Should I do a compressed version for all the platforms? If I do it for Android, why not for Windows or Linux? That would mean publishing 10 versions every time, and worst of all to keep two image folders separately, one compressed and one not, with the risk of fucking up the publication.

For those reasons, I won't publish a compressed version for android or any other platform, sorry.

awesome game as usual ... love the way everything is working out .. nice story so far .... not confusing , like some games i've played and thank you for no grinding shit (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
Thanks ImperialD; I promised a game I would like to play as a player, and that includes not grinding, relationships that evolve naturally (inside the genre), and not confusing the players artificially. The Mystery Girls plotline was the most confusing at the time, and that was necessary, as it happens outside the MC's sight. In this update, it has taken a step to clarify (for the player, as the MC continues clueless) what was happening. At the end of the day, the hardest thing to keep track will be what girl knows about what girls.

Well the in___t patch works with no issues with the latest update. (I loaded a save from the previous update, which originally was patched from the start of this excellent story with the I-patch.)

I also regularly use the "0x52_URM" tool to see what's behind the all my renpy story choices, and the image I posted shows the patch worked as it's suppose to.

View attachment 2140265
Thanks, MrBenny for checking it out, and thanks for showing me that tool. I will try to get it and check if it can help me with my somewhat chaotic way of coding.

Love this game, 0% stressful content. Thanks :giggle:
Well, it's a 'simple' story featuring people with 'simple' lives, so I prefer to keep it on the wholesome side of gaming. There are obviously conflicts and antagonists, but the characters don't know about it, so their stress levels are bearable. Also, the naivety of the MC helps with it. As someone said, he wants his harem, but he's showing his cards the moment he has the opportunity. He doesn't want his harem for selfish reasons.

Well,he can always check if his hand is black,no? Just saying...
He checked, and with Erika's and Emma's help, he rationalizes it, as he has rationalized the whole situation as a dream.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 97 Votes