Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, I have to admit, there is one type of image that the blinking distracts me ... when a character is in a "freeze-frame" pose and they still blink (For instance, if there's a shot of someone celebrating a victory with a fist pump, or something similar that would normally not be held long enough to blink).

Reactions: Trope95

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Okay, I have to admit, there is one type of image that the blinking distracts me ... when a character is in a "freeze-frame" pose and they still blink (For instance, if there's a shot of someone celebrating a victory with a fist pump, or something similar that would normally not be held long enough to blink).
I brought up the blinking when I did my catch up a month or so ago. If you search the term, you should find a place or two Trope talks about it. I think he's experimenting (experimented?) with a couple of methods looking for what gets the "most natural" version programmed in. But I also got a little distracted (occasionally weirded out :LOL:) by it.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
I brought up the blinking when I did my catch up a month or so ago. If you search the term, you should find a place or two Trope talks about it. I think he's experimenting (experimented?) with a couple of methods looking for what gets the "most natural" version programmed in. But I also got a little distracted (occasionally weirded out :LOL:) by it.
Yes, I can confirm he is currently experimenting with some variations. Nothing definitive yet, but I'm sure he will come up with something that works for everyone.

Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I don't know how many times I've double-tapped the Samantha ico file instead of the game app ...
I finally remembered thanks to your post that I had to remove it. The next update will be delayed for two weeks when a weird Ren'py bug shows up because that ico has been removed, even if it wasn't referenced anywhere. :D

I can't wait for Trope to admit that FC is one of the NTR experiments that escaped ...
FC?

When I introduced the blinking, I had doubts about that kind of image. Blink or no blink? I finally settled for blink when I thought that they normally wouldn't have held the pose enough to say two sentences.

I've made a small change in the blinking in v.0.17 and applied it to the previous updates (0.13-0.16). Let me know if you notice any difference.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I remember that. We talked about randomizing the blinks too.

I mean, it's the initials of the most important character of the whole update (according to it anyway) ... ;)

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
My Dorm [v0.17.0 P2 Ch.5.0] [Tropecita Games] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.16.3 -> v0.17.0 [433 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Last edited:

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
My Dorm [v0.17.0 P2 Ch.5.0] [Tropecita Games] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.16.3 -> v0.17.0 [433 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.
Thanks Bob!

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes