lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
Thanks for your feedback.
The game is not prepatched for two reasons:
  • Patreon doesn't allow it.
  • There's people who don't like incest and prefer a more vanilla approach.
As developers we try to reach the biggest player base, and we want to give an enjoyable experience to both players who like incest and those who don't.
I, personally as a player, don't like when a game only changes 'sister' for 'roommate', f.ex., because then the internal battle on both sides about dating a sister/brother don't have any reason to be if she's your roomie.
We've found a solution that we think works well:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also we don't like that the players have to download the incest patch for every update, so it's universal for all the lenght of the game. It only changes a variable value and the game will take note of that value and act accordingly. The updates will be written for the patched and the unpatched game.
smart, actually the thing is exactly this, the struggle in most games make no sense since they are not family "how can you lust after your landandy" "you are having sex with your 18yo FRIEND?"

Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I don't really play 0.1 versions since most of them almost always are just an introduction of the characters without actual content(Lewd/Non-Lewd). You guys really did a great job on yours! Looking forward to playing each update instead of waiting for a couple of updates till I start playing again.

On a side note: I really love the bushes. ;) Nice landscaping! A garden without bushes is alright, but if all of them don't have any bushes it's just plain and boring.
We've tried to avoid the feeling most 0.1 gives of 'That's all?'. We began writing the game with the 10.000 words mark in mind for the first release, but we wanted you to experience some situation with every girl, so the game kept growing to the 24.000 words mark. We had to stop or we weren't going to publish.

About the landscaping: I am, personally, a fan of well kept gardens, so I battled during the brainstormings to have some variety. Sentences like 'It will increase render time' were defeated by 'You want to recognize your girl by her garden'.
When every garden is the same, bushes or no bushes, you lose the feeling that every girl is unique. No one will make a game with 5 girls with the same (head) hairstyle.

Last edited:

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
We've tried to avoid the feeling most 0.1 gives of 'That's all?'. We began writing the game with the 10.000 words mark in mind for the first release, but we wanted you to experience some situation with every girl, so the game kept growing to the 24.000 words mark. We had to stop or we weren't going to publish.
I like the goal of starting off strong like this, but I think it would be good for you to make sure the versioning in the title of this thread is corrected. As of now it is showing me
"[VN] [Ren'Py] My Dorm [v1.0] [Tropecita Games]"

To avoid confusion, you should fix the v1.0 to say v0.1

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I like the goal of starting off strong like this, but I think it would be good for you to make sure the versioning in the title of this thread is corrected. As of now it is showing me
"[VN] [Ren'Py] My Dorm [v1.0] [Tropecita Games]"

To avoid confusion, you should fix the v1.0 to say v0.1
We will change it when we upload the fix that will solve the issues with Martha's name and the more glaring gramathical errors. We are working on it and hope to have it ready about mid-week.
We are contemplating changing the versioning to the standard v0.1.X

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
Ah, speaking of the grammatical errors. I assume the writer(s) do not have English as their primary language? Usually translation software is does a very poor job of correct grammar and sentence structure, depending on the language starting from. Since this project is in its early stages you may want to plan early on having an English writer help with this. Although with your last post, maybe this is already being addressed?

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Ah, speaking of the grammatical errors. I assume the writer(s) do not have English as their primary language? Usually translation software is does a very poor job of correct grammar and sentence structure, depending on the language starting from. Since this project is in its early stages you may want to plan early on having an English writer help with this. Although with your last post, maybe this is already being addressed?
English isn't our primary language, we are bilingual native in Spanish-Catalan, and English is the third language for us. We don't use translation software except for when a sentence doesn't sound good when we write it, and we want to double check it, so we do an inverse translations, writing in English in the soft to check the meaning is correct in Spanish.
One of the problems is that one of the translators didn't know the characters, so he didn't know if the sentence referred to a boy or a girl; here the her/him/he errors. He saw "m", "er", "em" as speakers without knowing who they were. Noob error on our part.
We don't have access to a native English speaker, although some f95zone members have offered to check the English text.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
English isn't our primary language, we are bilingual native in Spanish-Catalan, and English is the third language for us. We don't use translation software except for when a sentence doesn't sound good when we write it, and we want to double check it, so we do an inverse translations, writing in English in the soft to check the meaning is correct in Spanish.
One of the problems is that one of the translators didn't know the characters, so he didn't know if the sentence referred to a boy or a girl; here the her/him/he errors. He saw "m", "er", "em" as speakers without knowing who they were. Noob error on our part.
We don't have access to a native English speaker, although some f95zone members have offered to check the English text.
Its okay, actually americans think everyone know english since birth and they dont know any other language dont let it get to you

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
it says planned is lesbian will that be avoidable? Im assuming that is the girls on their own and not just playing with eachother in a threesome involving mc

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
He was huh? Was he a stripper? :LOL:
That should be 'he was working hard'. I remember reading that expression in another game (it's not an expression that exists in Spanish) and decided to use it here. Perhaps the other game translator English is as bad of mine. ;)

Last edited:

Gamer_01

Dec 16, 2019
That should be 'he was working hard'. I remember reading that expression in another game (it's not an expression that exists in Spanish) and decided to use it here. Perhaps the other game translator English is as bad of mine.
Making it - "He was working his ass off there. ..." would probably suffice. (Ignore the ... I didn't want to type out the whole thing.)

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Making it - "He was working his ass off there. ..." would probably suffice. (Ignore the ... I didn't want to type out the whole thing.)
Thanks! We are proofreading once again the whole release, and this kind of tip help us a lot.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
That should be 'he was working hard'. I remember reading that expression in another game (it's not an expression that exists in Spanish) and decided to use it here. Perhaps the other game translator English is as bad of mine. ;)
Honestly with everything that's happened to him so far he may as well be a stripper. :LOL:

• Haha
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes