MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Yes there are devs who like to make scenes which border ntr. Often a classic ntr scene, like a LI having sex while being on the phone with the MC, but it's not ntr because it was in the past, or in dreams or videos etc and i would agree that i hate that kind of content, it doesn't even serve a story purpose in most cases.

But there is nothing in this scene that is designed or written to cause jealousy, not to mention it being the main focus.
Her dating others was before the story even started and you don't get any details or scenes of that, neither is she trying to make the MC jealous or getting a reaction out of him.
Now if we would get flashbacks where the focus is of her dating and fucking a bunch of guys i could understand why you would say it is designed to cause jealousy, but there's nothing of the sort here.

As for the scene.
The MC isn't jealous, neither is she as he talks about his FWB.
It's just two friends who talk about their past, she tried to date others (so did the MC), but none of them came close to what she had with the MC.

Are you jealous when you have a talk with an ex you didn't see for years and she tell's you she had a relationship but it didn't work out ?
Because that is what she tells you, plus the nice ego boost that the MC was the best 'in any way' i'm not sure how that is causing jealousy thought.

Now if you don't like her that's fine, it's your choice if you want to rekindle the relationship with her or not.
But it's not ntr just because you don't like something.
It will be interesting if and when MC's college girl friend (Saira) shows up and finds out he is seeing his high school ex again. after Saira called her a bitch. I wonder why she has hate for his ex, if the breakup was mutually understood?

screenshot0005.png

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
It will be interesting if and when MC's college girl friend (Saira) shows up and finds out he is seeing his high school ex again. after Saira called her a bitch. I wonder why she has hate for his ex, if the breakup was mutually understood?

View attachment 2198339
Saira knows that Eileen and the MC broke up only because of the distance between them. Now that distance disappears for Eileen, but appears for Saira.
Notice that the scene ends with her asking the MC if she can visit him when she returns from India; Saira at that point is already planning for HER distance to disappear as well. But there is a period of time when Eileen is going to be close and she is going to be far away. It's just jealousy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Saira knows that Eileen and the MC broke up only because of the distance between them. Now that distance disappears for Eileen, but appears for Saira.
Notice that the scene ends with her asking the MC if she can visit him when she returns from India; Saira at that point is already planning for HER distance to disappear as well. But there is a period of time when Eileen is going to be close and she is going to be far away. It's just jealousy.
Right there! NTR Police! Come arrest this dev and make him watch his creations having sex with models from other games. That should teach him to keep all that Jealousy out of the game. Isn't it NTR for her when her loved one is busy having sex with everything that has an appropriate hole while she is at home with her parents?

We just didn't look deep enough into this issue with the endless NTR discussions so far and then the dev gives it all away and admits that his scenes are all about creating Jealousy in a character! Who cares if it isn't the MC and that he is the one causing the Dreaded Jealousy! It is there and the dev admitted it himself. Bad Dev, very bad dev.

This will never do. I will never be able to play this game without self identifying with the girlfriend that has been cheated on by the MC with his ex girlfriend and every other girl and woman and clone in the game! How could you do this to me? My very delicate sensibilities have been crushed by the Jealousy that has been put into the game. How can I ever enjoy being a man whore and fucking my family constantly when my girlfriend from college is Jealous when I do it in front of her and want her to join the family harem!

I don't know how I will get over this. I guess I will have to keep fucking them all and filling them with my cum until they all are bearing my children, including the girlfriend to prove to her that she is no worse than any of the others and she has no reason to be Jealous.

:rolleyes::whistle:;) I'll just leave this here, now discuss.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Right there! NTR Police! Come arrest this dev and make him watch his creations having sex with models from other games. That should teach him to keep all that Jealousy out of the game. Isn't it NTR for her when her loved one is busy having sex with everything that has an appropriate hole while she is at home with her parents?

We just didn't look deep enough into this issue with the endless NTR discussions so far and then the dev gives it all away and admits that his scenes are all about creating Jealousy in a character! Who cares if it isn't the MC and that he is the one causing the Dreaded Jealousy! It is there and the dev admitted it himself. Bad Dev, very bad dev.

This will never do. I will never be able to play this game without self identifying with the girlfriend that has been cheated on by the MC with his ex girlfriend and every other girl and woman and clone in the game! How could you do this to me? My very delicate sensibilities have been crushed by the Jealousy that has been put into the game. How can I ever enjoy being a man whore and fucking my family constantly when my girlfriend from college is Jealous when I do it in front of her and want her to join the family harem!

I don't know how I will get over this. I guess I will have to keep fucking them all and filling them with my cum until they all are bearing my children, including the girlfriend to prove to her that she is no worse than any of the others and she has no reason to be Jealous.

:rolleyes::whistle:;) I'll just leave this here, now discuss.
what-the-fuck-did-i-just-read-what-the-fuck.gif

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The story is very loudly and straight forwardly told in plain words in the very beginning:
MC had a very cosy life and another year of his FWB being together sharing their lives and their bed and their home. Right then and there, India started calling for his FWB and the woman he called ma for a long time asked for him to go help her.
So both lovers need to go fix their family life before they can reconcile theirs.
Ma rtha even tells her baby MC had to leave everything so they would pull together
having lost the respect of the community and his father.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Who cares if it isn't the MC and that he is the one causing the Dreaded Jealousy!
I think mainly you're joking around. But in case you aren't (and since I'm not a mind reader) - here's a "serious" response to that point.

Apparently this website cares, and even the Japanese definitions are protag-centered. It isn't about other characters in the game ever getting jealous, if I recall correctly.

Games generally invite the player to sit in the seat of the MC/protag and take the journey of their creation in that seat. So it matters, also, via the story-telling method.

Even games like Mass Effect and The Witcher want us to feel to some extent like "we" are the main character - and they "enable" this feeling by giving us a certain amount of choice.

Some people like feeling the jealousy, and some don't. I'll probably never understand the one's that wanna feel it - but hey as long as games are clearly labeled and they can enjoy their games and I can enjoy mine - no issues.

Last edited:

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
Ladies and gentlemen. Here's an example of a damn wise game developer. Other Devs could take a cue from this. Too many DEVs have a lot to learn from this image.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT 1: Another good example of how to make a game suitable for everyone

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen. Here's an example of a damn wise game developer. Other Devs could take a cue from this. Too many DEVs have a lot to learn from this image.

I wasn't very happy about how I asked for the pregnancy ON/OFF. It broke the narrative. So for every non-vanilla kink, I'll try to ask inside the story. Seems smoother to me. Sometimes I'll succeed, others I won't.
Anyway, about the lesbian issue (I've read your signature), it will be circumscribed to threesomes. There won't be a bi-sexual epidemic in My Dorm; in every interaction between the girls, the MC will be there taking an active role. No carpet munching behind closed doors.
With the first option checked (no lesbian content) the girls won't interact during the threesomes

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
I wasn't very happy about how I asked for the pregnancy ON/OFF. It broke the narrative. So for every non-vanilla kink, I'll try to ask inside the story. Seems smoother to me. Sometimes I'll succeed, others I won't.
Anyway, about the lesbian issue (I've read your signature), it will be circumscribed to threesomes. There won't be a bi-sexual epidemic in My Dorm; in every interaction between the girls, the MC will be there taking an active role. No carpet munching behind closed doors.
With the first option checked (no lesbian content) the girls won't interact during the threesomes
I don't mind MFF at all, but FF on its own is not to my taste, as there is too much of it in every game. Too many devs automatically put lesbianism in a Harem game as if it were part of it. Too many DEVs don't even think that it would be a good idea to ask the player if he wants to see the carpet licked. I personally belong to the group that everyone who goes behind MC's back to do things, whether it's FF or FM activities, belongs to NTR. Lez-NTR is just as bad as a normal thing done by a man. I also don't tolerate the activity inside the harem if it happens behind the MC's back.

I don't think it was a bad way to ask about pregnancy, but another way would be to put a fetish menu where you can turn off things you don't want to see. Then the flow of the story wouldn't be interrupted, as you described it. The main thing is to ask the player. These games are usually made for them. Too often you have to stop the game and delete it when the dev doesn't have the brains to ask what the player wants to see. Sometimes even at 1 minute you have to stop playing.

Another thing that some DEVs don't understand is the difference between skippable and avoidable. Especially when talking about heavy fetishes. Skipping is not even heard of, for example, in the case of NTR.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I don't mind MFF at all, but FF on its own is not to my taste, as there is too much of it in every game. Too many devs automatically put lesbianism in a Harem game as if it were part of it. Too many DEVs don't even think that it would be a good idea to ask the player if he wants to see the carpet licked. I personally belong to the group that everyone who goes behind MC's back to do things, whether it's FF or FM activities, belongs to NTR. Lez-NTR is just as bad as a normal thing done by a man. I also don't tolerate the activity inside the harem if it happens behind the MC's back.

I don't think it was a bad way to ask about pregnancy, but another way would be to put a fetish menu where you can turn off things you don't want to see. Then the flow of the story wouldn't be interrupted, as you described it. The main thing is to ask the player. These games are usually made for them. Too often you have to stop the game and delete it when the dev doesn't have the brains to ask what the player wants to see. Sometimes even at 1 minute you have to stop playing.

Another thing that some DEVs don't understand is the difference between skippable and avoidable. Especially when talking about heavy fetishes. Skipping is not even heard of, for example, in the case of NTR.
I'm a big fan of FF for my own consumption, but it doesn't fit My Dorm's theme, so no FF in the game.
I agree with you about NTR with some nuances:
* If it's without MC's knowing it: Lez-NTR
* If it's with MC's knowledge and "permission": Sharing with another female
I'll leave the fetish menu for the next game (if I ever do one). I was, and still am, very new to Ren'py when I began this project, so I decided to keep it simple in the interface department.
I thought My Dorm as the game I wanted to play as a player, so no NTR (avoidable or skippable), no other dicks in the game, and the player has to decide everything, from fetishes to girls. Other than vanilla (vaginal, boob, hand, and blowjobs). the player will decide which kink he wants to see.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Actually I think the Dev did a great job with the choices presented, you can control everything (except that the beauty of the models makes it hard to say no to any of them) I don't recall any other game where the MC had that much control - it's great
keep up the good work and let the MC decide - not sure how he will get away with the harem he's in if you choose it though
most women get very jealous easily in real life

• Red Heart
Reactions: Porthas and Trope95

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
I'm a big fan of FF for my own consumption, but it doesn't fit My Dorm's theme, so no FF in the game.
I agree with you about NTR with some nuances:
* If it's without MC's knowing it: Lez-NTR
* If it's with MC's knowledge and "permission": Sharing with another female
I'll leave the fetish menu for the next game (if I ever do one). I was, and still am, very new to Ren'py when I began this project, so I decided to keep it simple in the interface department.
I thought My Dorm as the game I wanted to play as a player, so no NTR (avoidable or skippable), no other dicks in the game, and the player has to decide everything, from fetishes to girls. Other than vanilla (vaginal, boob, hand, and blowjobs). the player will decide which kink he wants to see.
With this style, you can go far and haters are at a minimum.

I just can't help but get attached to a game made in this style, because the player gets to decide the matter himself and then the player identifies with the role of the MC much better.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Now, for a different perspective:

IMHO, and please keep in mind that this is my personal view and doesn't mean I ONLY want this, no, I am quite tolerant but not infinitely.

An Harem, to me, and I believe a LOT of other people (male and female), means that ALL within it are IN a relationship with each other. Whether it is one man, 20 men, 1 woman, 20 women, everyone is IN with everyone else. That relationship may not be sexual. May even not be physical (no hugs, no kisses). But, they are in a relationship. That also means that no cheating, no sharing, no NTR WITHIN the Harem. Whether it's a full on orgy, or 2somes in a closed room or in full view, they are all IN the Harem, there's simply nothing else to even consider.

We mostly see in this forum (please correct me at will) one man and several women versions of Harem. They are NOT the only versions possible. Every possible mix is alright. All of them mean the same, IN the Harem, everyone is with everyone else. That also means that an Harem with only females is possible, also an Harem of Futas, or whatever else you can imagine. The only parameter that makes it an Harem, is that one... you guessed it... everyone is IN with everyone.

So, unless you specify your particular versions of polyamory, that include an Harem and not the other way around, if you call it an Harem, you set it up with those rules. If you want a different setup, and again there's really no limits except consent (and age of consent), you can't just go and call it an Harem and expect that those that do know what an Harem is, can understand your particulars.

To resume:
- Harem is an all included version of a Polyamory relationship
- Any polyamory relationship can be setup with specific rules of who can fuck with who and when and where and even how.
- Don't call your polyamory relationship an Harem if you place limits, or if you do, expect misunderstandings

Hoping I bring something to the discussion that clarifies the issue.

Peace :)

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Now, for a different perspective:

IMHO, and please keep in mind that this is my personal view and doesn't mean I ONLY want this, no, I am quite tolerant but not infinitely.

An Harem, to me, and I believe a LOT of other people (male and female), means that ALL within it are IN a relationship with each other. Whether it is one man, 20 men, 1 woman, 20 women, everyone is IN with everyone else. That relationship may not be sexual. May even not be physical (no hugs, no kisses). But, they are in a relationship. That also means that no cheating, no sharing, no NTR WITHIN the Harem. Whether it's a full on orgy, or 2somes in a closed room or in full view, they are all IN the Harem, there's simply nothing else to even consider.

We mostly see in this forum (please correct me at will) one man and several women versions of Harem. They are NOT the only versions possible. Every possible mix is alright. All of them mean the same, IN the Harem, everyone is with everyone else. That also means that an Harem with only females is possible, also an Harem of Futas, or whatever else you can imagine. The only parameter that makes it an Harem, is that one... you guessed it... everyone is IN with everyone.

So, unless you specify your particular versions of polyamory, that include an Harem and not the other way around, if you call it an Harem, you set it up with those rules. If you want a different setup, and again there's really no limits except consent (and age of consent), you can't just go and call it an Harem and expect that those that do know what an Harem is, can understand your particulars.

To resume:
- Harem is an all included version of a Polyamory relationship
- Any polyamory relationship can be setup with specific rules of who can fuck with who and when and where and even how.
- Don't call your polyamory relationship an Harem if you place limits, or if you do, expect misunderstandings

Hoping I bring something to the discussion that clarifies the issue.

Peace :)
Well some may agree but I don't - more than one male is not a harem it's NTR - and not to my liking - a harem is one gender with many of the other gender and is mostly a male with several females

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes